Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2007, 22:05   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: Daft I Call It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

A lot of people talk with their hands when they are on the phone.
I do that too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2007, 22:21   #47
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Daft I Call It!

So we are all agreed then that we are stark staring bonkers.

OK! Nurse I’ll put that jacket on now if you insist just don’t pull the strap so tight underneath. I don’t want to be a soprano.
Old 29-01-2007, 22:38   #48
Resident Waffler

My kids have known for years that I'm barmy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 22:42   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
So we are all agreed then that we are stark staring bonkers.

Speak for yourselves.

I claim exemption.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 23:04   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Speak for yourselves.

I claim exemption.
Knickers we know you.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35   #51
Yank in King Art's Court!

This is a daft thing Americans do at least in this area. One of the biggest building projects I've been seeing around here are these self-storage units. They build like 100 - 200 of these units (which are the size of a garage). People then rent out and fill them up with all the junk they can't fit in their own homes.

I would estimate that there are close to 20 - 30 of these facilities within a 30 mile radius. Is that plain crazy or what? Does England have such things? Other Americans, are these as prevelant in your areas of the country?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 20:45   #52
God Member

Well we do have them but it's not such a big business over here. People use them when they're selling they're houses and they move everything out first to sell it then move everything into their new house.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 21:46   #53
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
This is a daft thing Americans do at least in this area. One of the biggest building projects I've been seeing around here are these self-storage units. They build like 100 - 200 of these units (which are the size of a garage). People then rent out and fill them up with all the junk they can't fit in their own homes.

I would estimate that there are close to 20 - 30 of these facilities within a 30 mile radius. Is that plain crazy or what? Does England have such things? Other Americans, are these as prevelant in your areas of the country?

Brian
I use a Skip, Brian I do not know the translation for it, this is carted off to the nearest landfill, after storing stuff in a gloryfied tin hut for any length of time in our Lancashire climate, the local tip is all it's usually fit for. I had one last week cost about £100,00, 30 years of rubbish, worked out at about 1pence per item, the only problem with them is getting your stuff in before everyone else, of course you can always post an armed guard on it 'over there'.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 03-02-2007 at 21:49.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 00:32   #54
Yank in King Art's Court!

Yes they are protected by security guys as well as chain link fencing. I guess it's alot of extra funiture, "keepsakes," and other stuff. It just kinda boggles my mind that folks would feel the need to keep all this stuff and pay a sizable rental fee to keep it in there.

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..