Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2007, 02:39   #76
God Member

Re: major tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I challenge you or your rotarian pal to go into the Thorn Inn, where this thread started, and check someone in there for swearing. You will be asked to choose your window, and I guarantee you will be thrown through it, without ceremony.
That seems to me it's down to the landlord/landlady who allow it , in the old days a licensee had to be a person of good character , these days since the granting of licenses was taken over by local councils instead of the police and courts it seems anyone and his dog can get one , not that I'm saying local councillors/ elected officials have lower standards and poorer ethics/morals than the police and local JPs , but one has to wonder
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2007, 22:46   #77
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
That seems to me it's down to the landlord/landlady who allow it , in the old days a licensee had to be a person of good character , these days since the granting of licenses was taken over by local councils instead of the police and courts it seems anyone and his dog can get one , not that I'm saying local councillors/ elected officials have lower standards and poorer ethics/morals than the police and local JPs , but one has to wonder
Believe me steeljack they could put 'John The Baptist' in the Thorn Inn, and he would have to swear, if he did not conform he would go through the window I challenged GARINDA and his rotarian Stop and Rest pal to to try. You can take the apes out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of the apes. By the way Garinda I'll come with you if you want to play the hard man, I love a good laugh.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 22:53   #78
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Believe me steeljack they could put 'John The Baptist' in the Thorn Inn, and he would have to swear, if he did not conform he would go through the window I challenged GARINDA and his rotarian Stop and Rest pal to to try. You can take the apes out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of the apes. By the way Garinda I'll come with you if you want to play the hard man, I love a good laugh.
I didn't see this until just now.

Trust me I've been in places that make the Thorn Inn look like a ladies afternoon Temperance meeting. In my forty two years on your Earth, I've never been thrown through a window.

It must be my talent for saying exactly what I want, in the most diplomatic way possibe...well that and being six foot and seventeen stone.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 23:03   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

suprised the Thorn has desended to this level, was a decent boozer in the early 70s, personally i swear like a trooper, avoiding kids,n ladies who i dont know, my lass hates bad language so i would certainly tell em and have in the past fortunatly its never come to blows, just as well at my age i suppose.
Old 22-04-2007, 23:03   #80
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I didn't see this until just now.

Trust me I've been in places that make the Thorn Inn look like a ladies afternoon Temperance meeting. In my forty two years on your Earth, I've never been thrown through a window.

It must be my talent for saying exactly what I want, in the most diplomatic way possibe...well that and being six foot and seventeen stone.
You have been nowhere I have two sons your age, you are a nobody in nobody land. I was in Bagdad when you were in your Dad's bag. and furthermore if you and your buddy 'Ses Less' seek to try to bully people off this site, just remember i'll be watching you .
Old 22-04-2007, 23:06   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You have been nowhere I have two sons your age, you are a nobody in nobody land. I was in Bagdad when you were in your Dad's bag. and furthermore if you and your buddy 'Ses Less' seek to try to bully people off this site, just remember i'll be watching you .

Are you drunk, or is that a serious threat?

You know nothing about me you silly old lush.

Old 23-04-2007, 00:45   #82
Give, give, give member

And as for bullying by myself and Less, as you put it, I asume you are refering to Gondola and Spinner, and your plea that we should give them a fair hearing.

Well we did.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Or in this case if you are going to make contoversial allegations about people, and when challenged offer not the slightest bit of evidence to substantiate your clain, put up or shut up.

No bullying as far as I can see, just open, honest, debate.

Old 25-04-2007, 09:24   #83
Resting in peace

Cool Re: major tom

Quote:
And as for bullying by myself and Less, as you put it, I asume you are refering to Gondola and Spinner, and your plea that we should give them a fair hearing.

Well we did.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Or in this case if you are going to make contoversial allegations about people, and when challenged offer not the slightest bit of evidence to substantiate your clain, put up or shut up.

No bullying as far as I can see, just open, honest, debate.
I see youv'e arrived at your destination, nice avitar what ever they call your new mugshot, can't stop for more fun Gary as the knife man awaits. 'See you' in a day or two. 'The Lush'.
Old 25-04-2007, 13:09   #84
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I see youv'e arrived at your destination, nice avitar what ever they call your new mugshot, can't stop for more fun Gary as the knife man awaits. 'See you' in a day or two. 'The Lush'.
Well my old sparring partner, I wish you all the best health wise, and that you are soon back posting on here.

Old 25-04-2007, 18:50   #85

[quote=garinda;414134]And as for bullying by myself and Less, as you put it, I asume you are refering to Gondola and Spinner, and your plea that we should give them a fair hearing.

Well we did.

who the hell are you a judge? what a patronising comment. if kazi the crook wants to defend himself he would hav got someone to do help him do it by now. he knows he would open a whole can of worms. he obviously knows theres evidence against him thats why he wont challenge anyone. the problem is Gondola is banned.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 21:33   #86

Its Only 2 Years Since Council Took Over Pubs Have Been Going Down Hill For Many Years Not Since Council Took Over. The Problem Is Pub Companies Buy Pubs Pay Crap Wages And Cant Get Good People.
Old 25-04-2007, 22:10   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

nowadays any clown can be a landlord, no disrespect intended to the good uns but over last 5/6 years i have come across quite a few who how they get a pub completely baffles me. an i,m sure the good uns will know what i mean.
Old 25-04-2007, 22:38   #88
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
who the hell are you a judge? what a patronising comment. if kazi the crook wants to defend himself he would hav got someone to do help him do it by now. he knows he would open a whole can of worms. he obviously knows theres evidence against him thats why he wont challenge anyone. the problem is Gondola is banned.
I am not judging, just commenting, the same as everyone is allowed to do on the site.

I see you are now calling Cllr. Siddique a 'crook', yet once again you offer the public no evidence to substantiate your claim.

Suprise, suprise. Same old, same old.

Old 26-04-2007, 09:24   #89

Quote:
I am not judging, just commenting, the same as everyone is allowed to do on the site.

I see you are now calling Cllr. Siddique a 'crook', yet once again you offer the public no evidence to substantiate your claim.

Suprise, suprise. Same old, same old.

gondola said he would offer the evidence but you more than anybody else was ranting and raving against him. isnt that true? so much so that ianto was bothered by it as he indicated in this threed. i never said that i had actual evidence . i dont think evidence or lack of it was the real issue for you it was just attention seeking on your part. ive been kindly informed that someoneelse had a go at you for your attitude but mysteriously the post was immediately deleted.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 09:25   #90
God Member

Quote:

good luck mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..