Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Race hate or just speaking freely?
Speaking freely 12 75.00%
Race hate 4 25.00%
Not bothered 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2007, 17:52   #16

Re: Race hate or Freedom of speech?

No. I never baited you into an argumentative response. Again you assuming instead of thinking or asking. Thats the sad bit my friend.
Old 28-10-2007, 18:34   #17
Super Moderator

You use a swastika as your avatar. You have no religious or cultural reasons for doing this. I assume you have had a modicum of education, so you know the modern day associations that this symbol has. You were being needlessly offensive for the sake of it. Grow up, Aleks.
Old 28-10-2007, 18:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You use a swastika as your avatar. You have no religious or cultural reasons for doing this. I assume you have had a modicum of education, so you know the modern day associations that this symbol has. You were being needlessly offensive for the sake of it. Grow up, Aleks.

Once again i am not responsible for YOUR assumtions or YOUR associations. Yes i do know how much of the western world sees such a symbol but i doubt alot of them dont know the true meaning of the symbol. They need education.
Old 28-10-2007, 19:10   #19
Super Moderator

Well, I know the original meaning of the symbol; I also know the contemporary meaning of the symbol; finally, I know exactly why you posted it - to offend people and get a reaction, just like a little boy saying "bum". Congratulations, you succeeded!
Old 28-10-2007, 19:43   #20
Give, give, give member

From the report in the paper, this seems to be the crux of the offence,

'white people are facing the prospect of becoming an ethnic minority in their own land'.

Is it racist? Yes, I suppose because it mentions race as an issue. Is it offensive, and should it face criminal prosecution? No, in my opinion.

I have no time for exteremist politics, but in a democracy I think people should be able to say what they want, but we also have the right to counteract their arguments, which very often don't stand up well under much scrutiny.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 19:45   #21
Senior Member+

i posted this story before else where

i was workin with an indian girl at the hotel a few months ago and on the page she'd drawn swastika's all over the page - i knew she'd done it cause of her hindu culture etc but i took the paper to a manager and pretended to be serious saying soemoen had left this race hate paper around and he got into a real lather about it. i bought the situation back down told him who'd done it and why and he left it there. i went to the girl and as she was on work experience from india she had no idea who hitler was who nazi's were or why the swastika was seen as a negative symbol. mis-education and coming from abroad were her valid reasons

whats ur alex apart from ruffling a few feathers?
Old 28-10-2007, 23:03   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Once again i am not responsible for YOUR assumtions or YOUR associations. Yes i do know how much of the western world sees such a symbol but i doubt alot of them dont know the true meaning of the symbol. They need education.

and you need to F'IN grow up ......

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 01:45   #23
God Member

I think this is just a party speaking freely, however, parties like this seem to forget that the british economy strives off foreign goods and so foreign workers in our country can essentially mean that with their hard work our manufactuers can also have the potential to create things just as great.

For example, germany have the brilliant Volkswagen, which is in my opinion and many others, one of the most reliable car manufactuers today.
Then there is the british favourite, fish and chips, which was actually brought to the country by the jews, though many probably do not know it!
Amongst that, on a much sadder note and nothing that should give anyone pride, topshop are hugely successful, and yet their clothes are made by foreigners in china (if im not mistaken) for pityful wages.

My point is, foreigners can, have, and still bring brilliant things to the country, so anyone who believes these parties should be allowed to influence race hate in people is tremendously ridiculous.

On a note of people keep pointing out Aleks swastika avatar, long before the nazi period of german history many countries including great britain had discriminated against the jews and banished them from their country. Both acts involve great humiliation of the jewish race and nobody should be proud to be part of any country that discriminates in any way, even if they were born there.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 01:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
i posted this story before else where

i was workin with an indian girl at the hotel a few months ago and on the page she'd drawn swastika's all over the page - i knew she'd done it cause of her hindu culture etc but i took the paper to a manager and pretended to be serious saying soemoen had left this race hate paper around and he got into a real lather about it. i bought the situation back down told him who'd done it and why and he left it there. i went to the girl and as she was on work experience from india she had no idea who hitler was who nazi's were or why the swastika was seen as a negative symbol. mis-education and coming from abroad were her valid reasons

whats ur alex apart from ruffling a few feathers?
I dont think what you did was a good way to prove a point, and I dont understand quite what the aim of that was, but what I do find sad is that u refer to her as 'mis-educated'.

If she had even been educated on the matter of the nazi's, why should she then feel like she cant draw a religious symbol on a piece of paper for fear of looking like a nazi?

I dont think your example was a very good one, but Aleks has no religious excuse for that swastika, because anyone with knowledge of the swastikas origins would know that the naziswastika was practically ALWAYS at a 45 degree angle, where as in religious they are normally straight and often flipped the other way round.

Theyre used in all sorts of religions, i think universally they signify peace in most of the religions that use them, which clearly is irony when used by the nazis. One religion, raelianism or something like that (not a religion expert) combines the swastika with the star of david, and i think the religion is a cult, though im not too sure what they believe in but something 'out of this world' seems to come to mind.

My favourite period of history is nazi germany, but I researched the swastika as I had seen it on an old image somewhere on the internet (possibly an egyptian one) and thought it must go back alot further than the 1930's.

Aleks is clearly young and I think you should lay off him a little bit. Nazi germany was took off the school syllabus not so long ago and everyone knows that when your young and you see something being taken away from your view you always want to look at it more and find out about it. I'm sure his interest in the subject isn't merely to just annoy everyone.
Old 29-10-2007, 02:00   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
and you need to F'IN grow up ......
Just a note to you too, just to point something out, not to cause an arguement or anything...

But your signature is born in england, live in england, die in england, which sounds all nice and patriotic, but I think it sort of makes it sound like to be truly patriotic you should never leave the country, and yet u have the poppy as your avatar, which symbolises people who died in the war and actually outside the country does it not? Arent they the most patriotic people of britain, those that died for the country but outside it?
Old 29-10-2007, 17:49   #26
Resting in peace

Quote:
, blazey, For example, germany have the brilliant Volkswagen, which is in my opinion and many others, one of the most reliable car manufactuers today.
Then there is the british favourite, fish and chips, which was actually brought to the country by the jews, though many probably do not know it!
Another perfect example of your profound ignorance, The Volksvagen was copied off the Jowet Javellin, a British car manufactured pre 2nd WW some examples are still on the road today. Fish and chips were brought from where? and why specifically the Jews , if you must state examples, give the facts to back them up and stop guessing, by the way the Volkswagen Mk1 was a 'utility' car built without comfort when raw materials were scarce, but hardly a good car, the engines were a bag of crap, but easy to change, compared with Mercedes second only to our Rolls Royce it was on a par with utillity cars and vans we had post war, no upholstry and wooden framed bodies, phased out in the name of progress and not developed like V/W, the modern version of the V/W bears little resemblance to mk1, save the shape, developed by BRITISH JOWET.ps who invented fish and chips?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 19:48   #27
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Race hate or Freedom of speech?

I notice that Smith’s past prison record was mentioned. Just exactly what does it have to do with this particular issue? Nothing at all but it does help to brand the guy a criminal.

I don’t see anything offensive in the leaflet unless you call the truth offensive.

What I do find offensive is that we have Black Police Federation or whatever they call it. Is there a White version? Is there a Jewish version? Is there a Muslim version?

England is going to the dogs and if we are not careful we will all be bowing to the east four or five times a day whilst the minaret’s call to prayers drowns out the TV programme that we want to watch and listen to.
Old 29-10-2007, 20:25   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
ps who invented fish and chips?
The only reference I can find to Jews bringing fish & chips to this Island of ours is wikipedia and they want someone to confirm this FACT for them,

Quote:
Wikipedia=The originally Sephardi dish pescado frito, or deep-fried fish, came to the Netherlands and England with the Spanish and Portuguese Jews in the 17th and 18th centuries.[citation needed] (History credits the Portuguese with introducing the dish to Japan: see tempura.[citation needed])
but a lot of other sites claim it was basically due to the industrial revolution.

Below is an interesting link:-

Fish and Chips

P.S. I know this is a thread wander, but what the heck I'm just indulging myself in a bit of free speech!

Last edited by Less; 29-10-2007 at 20:33.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 20:41   #29
Resting in peace

Quote:
LessP.S. I know this is a thread wander, but what the heck I'm just indulging myself in a bit of free speech!
Freedom of speech is something that particular 'young lady' seems to take for granted, the very people she seeks to promote would be the first to end it, I wonder if her mouth is big enough to accept the fact that no one knows the true origins of Fish and Chips? I watched a minor film last night, about how the 'Yanks won WW1 and the GIs were complaining they could not get 'Frech Fries. in France so they diddn't invent them, or have I been watching the same 'propaganda' Blazey appears to have been exposed to, "utter garbage"..
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 20:49   #30
God Member

Well you are all wrong!!!

Fish and chips were actually brought into england by Burton's

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fish and chips.jpg (2.4 KB, 29 views)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..