Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 16:27   #16
God Member

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

This lot better not come after my steaks as there will be trouble!! Like mine still running around my plate bleeding nicely.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2010, 16:50   #17
Senior Member+

To be honest if you have made the decision to eat meat it doesn't really matter how it died, it's dead, either eat it or don't. Don't berate others about their lifestyle choice. ( and no, am not veggie, was for 17 years though)
Old 11-04-2010, 17:12   #18
God Member

no ones berating anyone for eating halal meat what peopel dont like is having that choice put upon them just for the sake of a minority of people which also has a lot of followers that dosnt adhere to the rules of their faith themselves .If kfc want to cater for muslims they should open up a separate company that does and not expect us to eat hallal meat because as far as i am aware this is a christian country not a muslim state and therefore teh majority shoudl be catered for not the minority.If i wanted to eat halal meat i would buy halal meat and if i wanted halal crunchy fried chicken i would go to an asian takeaway that did it like those on blackburn road.

why should a majority bend backwards for a minority or does democracey not apply when it concerns race unless it rules in favour of the minority

all i know is that if i went to a muslim state and started to demand special treatment and that everyone change tehir ways to suit me i would probably be flogged in the street and told to shut up

only teh other week a couple have been put in prison for kissing in public in dubai and the general opinion is that when over there do as they do yet when over here peopel arnt expected to do as we do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-04-2010 at 17:16.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 17:19   #19
Resting in Peace

I once witnessed a delivery to the Halal meat shop on Blackburn Road.It arrived in the boot of a taxi,the driver threw it onto the pavement then it was dragged into the shop.

So I'll make my own curries if thats alright.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 17:22   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I once witnessed a delivery to the Halal meat shop on Blackburn Road.It arrived in the boot of a taxi,the driver threw it onto the pavement then it was dragged into the shop.

So I'll make my own curries if thats alright.
seen a delivery or two go into the butchers on blackburn road and meat was been delivered in a rusty blue sooty van that wasnt refridgerated and the meat had flies crawling on it.This was a few years ago but the sight of it made me wretch .Even if i lived next door to that place i would still rather walk into town than eat anything from there.Were probably refering to teh same one is the one you mean just further up than the bingo place accross from a pub that i cant remember the name of , globe i think it was called but not %100 sure

ps:

im not %100 against halal i go to pc cellular and purchase many halal ink cartridges for my epson printer

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-04-2010 at 17:29.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 18:23   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
seen a delivery or two go into the butchers on blackburn road and meat was been delivered in a rusty blue sooty van that wasnt refridgerated and the meat had flies crawling on it.This was a few years ago but the sight of it made me wretch .Even if i lived next door to that place i would still rather walk into town than eat anything from there.Were probably refering to teh same one is the one you mean just further up than the bingo place accross from a pub that i cant remember the name of , globe i think it was called but not %100 sure

ps:

im not %100 against halal i go to pc cellular and purchase many halal ink cartridges for my epson printer
Your not actually saying that the purveyors of halal meat are not meeting hygiene standards are you accyman
Old 11-04-2010, 18:38   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your not actually saying that the purveyors of halal meat are not meeting hygiene standards are you accyman
From what ive seen yon pretty frequently it aint "OUR" hygiene standards.
Old 11-04-2010, 20:48   #23

Its amazing what they can get away with, like accyman said there are other places where they can go to buy halal food, so why ruin it for the natives of this country, it really annoys me.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 20:50   #24
God Member

i want some chicken now
Old 11-04-2010, 20:59   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Its amazing what they can get away with, like accyman said there are other places where they can go to buy halal food, so why ruin it for the natives of this country, it really annoys me.

Quote:
According to Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), its Accrington, Blackburn, Colne and Burnley restaurants have switched to halal.
The Money men at KFC obviously decided that having these particular Restaurants, go Halal because they could see the cash hidden behind the flies buzzing around the corpse of another British way of life.

Restaurants? don't talk daft they are Take aways with a few plastic tables in them, I don't think anyone would be impressed if you said, "I'll take you to a Restaurant tonight", then you go to KFC, the person you take will be thinking, 'cheapskate'.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:02   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The Money men at KFC obviously decided that having these particular Restaurants, go Halal because they could see the cash hidden behind the flies buzzing around the corpse of another British way of life.

Restaurants? don't talk daft they are Take aways with a few plastic tables in them, I don't think anyone would be impressed if you said, "I'll take you to a Restaurant tonight", then you go to KFC, the person you take will be thinking, 'cheapskate'.
Don't tell me they're doing fish now as well.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:19   #27
Common Sense Member

I tend to do most of the cooking these days but every now and again for some bizarre reason a wave of insanity sweeps over my wife and I on the way back home from Asda in Accy and we get a KFC. Every time we say it will be the last time as the only things we actually enjoy are the chicken strips and popcorn chicken, both of which are reconstituted from other bits.

Let them have their halal, but sooner or later there's going to be an almighty backlash in this country and Westminster can't say that it hasn't been warned.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:23   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I tend to do most of the cooking these days but every now and again for some bizarre reason a wave of insanity sweeps over my wife and I on the way back home from Asda in Accy and we get a KFC. Every time we say it will be the last time as the only things we actually enjoy are the chicken strips and popcorn chicken, both of which are reconstituted from other bits.

Let them have their halal, but sooner or later there's going to be an almighty backlash in this country and Westminster can't say that it hasn't been warned.
Hell a would be politician with sense
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32   #29
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hell a would be politician with sense
Thanks, John. It's far beyond any remit that I'll ever aim for (too much of a home-lover to be interested in a life in London, to be honest) but I firmly believe that we're heading for some form of civil uprising in the next 20 years because of the pandering that is going on to minorities across the board.

In another thread yesterday we were talking about the movie Gran Torino, in which Clint Eastwood's character is clinging on to the values of his home country while his immigrant neighbours erode them.

It's a rather extreme version of the situation we're finding ourselves in at the moment but anyone who has seen it can probably appreciate the parallels.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Thanks, John. It's far beyond any remit that I'll ever aim for (too much of a home-lover to be interested in a life in London, to be honest) but I firmly believe that we're heading for some form of civil uprising in the next 20 years because of the pandering that is going on to minorities across the board.

In another thread yesterday we were talking about the movie Gran Torino, in which Clint Eastwood's character is clinging on to the values of his home country while his immigrant neighbours erode them.

It's a rather extreme version of the situation we're finding ourselves in at the moment but anyone who has seen it can probably appreciate the parallels.
Well this is one issue we most certainly agree on Ken, but when you think about it, like you say, minorities are being pandering to, when in fact they don't want any special treatment, so why is it that these dogooding numpties keep trying to make special cases where there are none, its crazy and will eventually all end in tears

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..