Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 20:16   #1
Give, give, give member

Hyndburn local elections, 2012.

Candidates have been announced, for those council seats up for re-election next month.

Altham: Chris Fisher (Lab), John Hodgkiss (Ind in Hyndburn), Marion Rayner (Con) - seat currently held by Conservative Susan Haworth

Barnfield: TONY DOBSON (Con), Richard Kelly (Lib Dem), Joyce Plummer (Lab)

Baxenden: David Hartley (Lab), TERRY HURN (Con)

Central: ALLAH DAD (Con), Abdul Ghafar Khan (Lab)

Church: Basharat Khan (Con), Malcolm Pritchard (Ind), JOAN SMITH (Lab), Stephen Talbot (Lib Dem)

Netherton: Noordad Aziz (Lab), LYNN WILSON (Con)

Overton: PETER CLARKE (Con), Graham Davidson (UKIP), John Duckworth (Ind), Jamie Govier (Gt Har Ind), Kerry Molineux (Lab)

Peel: Paul Brown (Ind in Hyndburn), WENDY DWYER (Lab)

Rishton: HARRY GRAYSON (Lab), Warren Melia (Con)

Spring Hill: MUNSIF DAD (Lab), Kim Furness (Lib Dem), Kenneth Smith (Ind in Hyndburn), Mohammed Younis (Con)

St Andrews: Bill Pinder (Lab), BRIAN WALMSLEY (Con)

St Oswald’s: Stewart Eaves (Lab), MARLENE HAWORTH (Con), Paul Thompson (UKIP)

Candidates announced for Hyndburn council elections | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

Sadly for me, no UKIP candidate in my ward.

Will have to seriously consider where my vote can do the most good/most harm.

Or decide what to spoil my paper with.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2012, 22:43   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hyndburn local elections, 2012.

Has the horrible one quit or what?
Old 07-04-2012, 22:55   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Candidates have been announced, for those council seats up for re-election next month.

Candidates announced for Hyndburn council elections | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

Sadly for me, no UKIP candidate in my ward.

Will have to seriously consider where my vote can do the most good/most harm.

Or decide what to spoil my paper with.

Why would you think anyone gives a toss what or whatever you vote for.. your arrogance is getting ridiclous..if you feel so strongly about the issues you are so vocal about then why not stand for election yourself?..or do you fear you may only get the votes of some of the more simple minded members who follow you on here?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 23:13   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Why would you think anyone gives a toss what or whatever you vote for.. your arrogance is getting ridiclous..if you feel so strongly about the issues you are so vocal about then why not stand for election yourself?..or do you fear you may only get the votes of some of the more simple minded members who follow you on here?
Evenin' Mancie, bit confrontational that isn't it, what's upset you now fella ? So much pent up aggression & bitterness, get yourself over to the relaxing thread mate & soothe your tormented soul.
Old 07-04-2012, 23:24   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's our local elections, and I have a vote in it.

Not arrogance, just a fact.

I, like many others, have posted before, about their voting intentions.

I don't remember you spitting your dummy out, and being a little mardy arse in the past, when I said I'd voted for Labour.

No one likes a bitter, little Billy.

If these important local in elections in Hyndburn don't hold any interest for you, or indeed any of my own posts, please feel free not to have to endure reading them.

I, for one, won't lose any sleep if you don't.

Old 07-04-2012, 23:27   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Evenin' Mancie, bit confrontational that isn't it, what's upset you now fella ? So much pent up aggression & bitterness, get yourself over to the relaxing thread mate & soothe your tormented soul.
Hey no bitterness ..Garinda has posted the general info that even a halfwit can get but all is well and good...then he goes onto his own political agenda hoping to drag in his not to clever followers on here.
like I say if he feels his views are so important why not stand fo election himself.?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 23:28   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
He has a Lib Dem M.P.

It's understandable he's not the cheerful little cock-er-nee sparra, he once was.

Bless his pearly little outfit.

Old 07-04-2012, 23:32   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Hey no bitterness ..Garinda has posted the general info that even a halfwit can get but all is well and good...then he goes onto his own political agenda hoping to drag in his not to clever followers on here.
like I say if he feels his views are so important why not stand fo election himself.?
Bit difficult, being disabled, and never knowing if I'll be able to shake myself out of bed in a morning.

Hate letting people down, and feel the public deserve 100% from their politicans.

That's the drawback will incurable, degenerative disease.

Such a nuisance.

If you've nothing more constructive to add, please feel free to move on, and read something that won't leave you feeling so tetchy, and bitter.

Old 07-04-2012, 23:36   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Has the horrible one quit or what?
He's not up for re-election this year.

Think it's next year.

If I'm guessing correctly, who you're referring to.

Old 07-04-2012, 23:43   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
..Garinda has posted the general info that even a halfwit can get but all is well and good...then he goes onto his own political agenda hoping to drag in his not to clever followers on here.
Oh I wouldn't say so, most of the people on here have their own views & ideals & from what I've seen & read it goes right across the Political spectrum.

The likes of you & C'mon labour diehards, Jaysay Blue through & through, then there's all the other leanings & tendencies. Liberals, Nationalists, Patriots, freedom & rights folk it's pretty inclusive really.

As they say each to their own & all that, I mean, if folk aren't prepared to listen to some Politico spouting off about all that's good & right about their party, why should Rindi's view sway the average voter ?

Don't get so uptight about it, because regardless of what happens & whoever gets in one thing's certain, Joe Public isn't going to reap any rewards believe me.
Old 07-04-2012, 23:44   #11
Senior Member+

TBH I don't like the sound of UKIP. To me they sound a lot like BNP but include a message of "hey we are not racist" But advocate many of the same policies.

I try to stay out of politics. But I have got to admit with people actually voting for the above two parties-- I am going to have to join in and vote for some party or other.

Is there some kind of questionnaire online where you can fill it in to get a good idea where different views may give you an idea on where you fit in with a political mindset ?
Old 07-04-2012, 23:50   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Is there some kind of questionnaire online where you can fill it in to get a good idea where different views may give you an idea on where you fit in with a political mindset ?
I don't know, but there ought to be.
Old 07-04-2012, 23:52   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Don't know if it's still relevant but this was floating about the other year.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-52617.html
Old 07-04-2012, 23:52   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He has a Lib Dem M.P.

It's understandable he's not the cheerful little cock-er-nee sparra, he once was.

Bless his pearly little outfit.

The Lib Dem M.P. is Simon Hughes, by the way.

The then in-the-closet homosexual, who fought one of the dirtiest by-elections of the twentieth century. In which the Labour candidate was attacked in the then safe seat, by the vilest homophobic abuse, which secured him a victory.

Nearly thirty years later, Hughes is regarded as a bit of a wet blanket, whilst his former opponent, Peter Tatchell, is regarded by some, as a bit of a hero, when it comes to fighting for civil liberties.

Could perhaps explain why some people who live there are a little unhinged.

It's a lot to live with.

Makes Hyndburn seem like Shangri-La, by political comparison.

Old 08-04-2012, 00:02   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
TBH I don't like the sound of UKIP. To me they sound a lot like BNP but include a message of "hey we are not racist" But advocate many of the same policies.

I try to stay out of politics. But I have got to admit with people actually voting for the above two parties-- I am going to have to join in and vote for some party or other.

As someone who was actively involved in opposing, and fighting the National Front, and other far-right groups, from the age of fifteen, I can assure you they are no more, or no less racist, than any of the mainstream political parties.

Thinking Britons deserve a say in their future, via a referendum, over E.U. membership, an organisation not one citizen of this country has ever voted we join, does not equal racism.

It is basically a one issue party, but they are the best candidate, considering the opposition, for my protest vote.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..