Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2012, 17:56   #286
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: vaccine shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
Today while visiting a elderly relative there was a knock on the door,i said i'd answer it and opened the door to find 2 NHS nurses, i assumed they was visiting to change my relatives bandages and let them in,turns out they were there for the flu jab

They started by asking if my relative had been suffering any flu symptoms to which the answer was "no" then they got out there 'box of poison' to which i said "you might as well put that away he's not having a flu jab" to which they both looked at me like they just found me drowning puppys in a lodge "why is he not having one" one of the nurses said "because i don't trust them and he's low-ish risk as he does'nt get out much" "we've had ours the other said" to which i just laughed and after them trying there best to convience my relative the jab was for him and my relative saying he's ok and didn't want it they packed up and went to leave,On the way out i asked "whats your personal view on vaccines" to which the senior nurse turned and said " if it wasn't good for us they wouldn't give it us would they"

Just hope my relative stays flu free this 'flu season' and i've not made a bad call(time will tell)
Don't you talk absolute carp.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2012, 22:26   #287
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't you talk absolute carp.

Every word is the truth less...unless you was there and you are saying you seen things different? wait a minute i've sussed it....your my dad....why didnt you say before
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 22:30   #288
Senior Member+

Quote:
" if it wasn't good for us they wouldn't give it us would they"

i probably shouldnt say but i dont agree with that.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 22:58   #289
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i probably shouldnt say but i dont agree with that.
I was gob smacked,I didn't want to go to much into one there a good bunch really.......when there not pushing drugs
Old 30-10-2012, 08:05   #290
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Every word is the truth less...unless you was there and you are saying you seen things different? wait a minute i've sussed it....your my dad....why didnt you say before
I can definitely say you are not the product of one of my cock up's, some other poor soul must claim that responsibility.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 08:56   #291
God Member

Quote:
Today while visiting a elderly relative there was a knock on the door,i said i'd answer it and opened the door to find 2 NHS nurses, i assumed they was visiting to change my relatives bandages and let them in,turns out they were there for the flu jab

They started by asking if my relative had been suffering any flu symptoms to which the answer was "no" then they got out there 'box of poison' to which i said "you might as well put that away he's not having a flu jab" to which they both looked at me like they just found me drowning puppys in a lodge "why is he not having one" one of the nurses said "because i don't trust them and he's low-ish risk as he does'nt get out much" "we've had ours the other said" to which i just laughed and after them trying there best to convience my relative the jab was for him and my relative saying he's ok and didn't want it they packed up and went to leave,On the way out i asked "whats your personal view on vaccines" to which the senior nurse turned and said " if it wasn't good for us they wouldn't give it us would they"

Just hope my relative stays flu free this 'flu season' and i've not made a bad call(time will tell)
Why did you speak for your relative initially? These nurses don't do home visits without them being arranged so why did they turn up at your relatives door? Sounds to me like you are influencing other peoples decisions.
Old 30-10-2012, 09:21   #292
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Why did you speak for your relative initially? These nurses don't do home visits without them being arranged so why did they turn up at your relatives door? Sounds to me like you are influencing other peoples decisions.
That is correct Bernadette.
My wife has the district nurse visit her twice a week and the 'flu jab was arranged in advance.
The nurse gets the vaccine from the patients GP so it can be logged on to the records.
It was also arranged for me to have the jab at the same time otherwise I wouldn't have bothered trailing down to the GP's surgery.
Old 30-10-2012, 10:44   #293
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
It turns out that they had discussed it with my dad about a week ago when they came to do his bandages,but he told them he was unsure as he hates needles.....In my eyes it's them that are influencing decisions, i don't want to influence anyone's judgment we've all gotta weigh up the pro's and con's and make our decision accordingly
Old 30-10-2012, 10:49   #294
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can definitely say you are not the product of one of my cock up's, some other poor soul must claim that responsibility.
Can you be 100% sure less? you certainly act like him,thinking you know best
Old 31-10-2012, 13:01   #295
I am Banned

Anyone remember this track?

Old 31-10-2012, 13:16   #296
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Being Halloween & all that, here's a little something to stir up in the cauldron.

Drugs giant Roche accused of sitting on trial data for flu treatment - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent
Old 31-10-2012, 13:26   #297
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Being Halloween & all that, here's a little something to stir up in the cauldron.

Drugs giant Roche accused of sitting on trial data for flu treatment - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent
Cheers for the input

The worlds biggest drug dealers pushing there ways onto the vulnerable

Anyway You need to stop researching this and look into toy train sets etc,you'll be labeled a conspiracist next
Old 31-10-2012, 13:31   #298
Beacon of light

If you really, really want to scare yourself silly, then read Ben Goldacres book 'Bad Pharma'.

The stuff about research is not new to me. I was at the Astra Zeneca company in Altrincham way back in the late 80's and was discussing drug research...one of the associates there told me tales which really worried me and made me question stuff that we, as medical professionals, had been taught.

This man was so disillusioned with the research work (and the manipulation of results) that he left research and became a chiropodist...at much less money, but more peace of mind.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 13:38   #299
I am Banned

Vulnerable people are being urged to ignore fears over faulty vaccines and get their flu jabs "No need to worry about flu vaccine"

No need to worry about flu vaccine - Community - Lancashire Evening Post
Old 31-10-2012, 13:46   #300
Beacon of light

It is important(in the sense of making sure something is safe) to have all the results of all the research... any missing research results mean that the whole of the study is flawed......and results skewed in favour of the company producing the drug/vaccine.
Drug companies frequently pull the plug on research that is uncomplimentary to the product(which means the profits will be dented) and fail to publish results which show the drug/vaccine in anything other than the best light...which in simple terms means - they LIE!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..