Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 19:58   #136
Beacon of light

Re: vaccine shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I agree Margaret, and it's possible I may not have had the jab if I had been fully fit. What I object to is the misinformation, speculation and sheer bad science that is out there on the net.
I look things up on the net, but frequently use sites that I used during my career...sites that were known to be helpful...like the Cochrane database.

You would think that Health Care Professionals would be keen to take advantage of vaccination if offered...they just don't........and didn't way back when I was in the NHS(which is ten years ago - I can't recall a single member of my staff being vaccinated. I was asked to encourage staff, but I felt that if they had the information about the vaccination being available, then the rest was up to them)

Gordon - please don't let me put you off. Everyone needs to make up their own minds about whether the vaccination is for them.......you have to go with what works for you.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2012, 20:04   #137
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I look things up on the net, but frequently use sites that I used during my career...sites that were known to be helpful...like the Cochrane database.

You would think that Health Care Professionals would be keen to take advantage of vaccination if offered...they just don't........and didn't way back when I was in the NHS(which is ten years ago - I can't recall a single member of my staff being vaccinated. I was asked to encourage staff, but I felt that if they had the information about the vaccination being available, then the rest was up to them)

Gordon - please don't let me put you off. Everyone needs to make up their own minds about whether the vaccination is for them.......you have to go with what works for you.
O.K. so you didn't take advantage, did you ever do what the thread starter did, try your best to discredit vaccinations or put others off using them?

(Somehow I expect the answer will be no).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 20:06   #138
Senior Member+

Any karma signed -f its me.... its been A LONG day. Should be an r... well they are close to one another

I was advised to have flu jab after my cough has gone. Is it true that it is free for asthma sufferers?
Old 10-10-2012, 20:10   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
Whats folks views on mandatory/forced vaccinations?
Well i am against mandatory flu injections, though i could be swayed on Mandatory Lobotomy's fer some.
Old 10-10-2012, 20:12   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Any karma signed -f its me.... its been A LONG day. Should be an r... well they are close to one another

I was advised to have flu jab after my cough has gone. Is it true that it is free for asthma sufferers?
Don't you dare give him a chance to apologise...

He already thinks his red came from me!

That's why he did tit for tat.

Never sign karma, it keeps idiots guessing.
Old 10-10-2012, 20:15   #141
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. so you didn't take advantage, did you ever do what the thread starter did, try your best to discredit vaccinations or put others off using them?

(Somehow I expect the answer will be no).
I honestly can't answer that question Less........I have put my points forward on vaccination a number of times in the past....and I am getting to that grey stage in my life. Or at least I blame the greyness.
In this thread I have put my views clearly, that they are my views, which I have carefully cultured and looked into.

I would not like anyone to be dissuaded from doing what they consider is right for them, because of something which relates to my situation......as I said after almost 30 years on the 'frontline' in the NHS I NEVER had flu, this, despite being in contact with many, many patients on the wards and in clinics......some of whom must have been carrying this virus.

If I don't have the vaccination then it is one that is free for someone who feels they are at risk and would benefit from having it.

Bet you are sorry you asked now!
Old 10-10-2012, 20:19   #142

Quote:
I honestly can't answer that question Less........I have put my points forward on vaccination a number of times in the past....and I am getting to that grey stage in my life. Or at least I blame the greyness.
In this thread I have put my views clearly, that they are my views, which I have carefully cultured and looked into.

I would not like anyone to be dissuaded from doing what they consider is right for them, because of something which relates to my situation......as I said after almost 30 years on the 'frontline' in the NHS I NEVER had flu, this, despite being in contact with many, many patients on the wards and in clinics......some of whom must have been carrying this virus.

If I don't have the vaccination then it is one that is free for someone who feels they are at risk and would benefit from having it.

Bet you are sorry you asked now!
Not in the slightest, you answered honestly, why, if my question was honest should that harm me?
Old 10-10-2012, 20:21   #143
Beacon of light

It shouldn't....and by your reply, it didn't. Thank you Less.
Old 10-10-2012, 20:25   #144
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Rob, it is recommended for Asthma sufferers. Ring your practice and ask them if you get it free......if they say 'No'...tell them you can have mine
Old 10-10-2012, 21:15   #145
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Rob, it is recommended for Asthma sufferers. Ring your practice and ask them if you get it free......if they say 'No'...tell them you can have mine
Asda pharmacy are doing them for £7.
Old 10-10-2012, 21:39   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not in the slightest, you answered honestly, why, if my question was honest should that harm me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Asda pharmacy are doing them for £7.
Tesco are charging a Tenner, robbing sods, Paris went on Tuesday.
Old 10-10-2012, 22:26   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Tesco are charging a Tenner, robbing sods, Paris went on Tuesday.
But maybe you will earn Tesco Clubcard points!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 22:28   #148
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
But maybe you will earn Tesco Clubcard points!
yeh she did actually equates to 10p.
Old 10-10-2012, 23:11   #149
I am Banned

Quote:
Maybe your suspicions are wrong, or maybe you have lost patience, or maybe you gave me unsigned red, just to have revenge? or maybe someone else want's to continue the discussion by setting us against one and other, allow me to assure them, I have no admiration for you, and if it was you, well after all, what can we expect? I don't need to give you foul karma, you give me foul posts to work on, just like you used to do.

i can assure you it was'nt me i'd want you to know if it was ,,,think whatever you want about my posts
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 00:32   #150
I am Banned

My Brilliant Brain | Watch Free Documentary Online
This documentary is really good, but I recommend the first 15 minutes of episode 1, it ties into Vaccinations - you can clearly see what happens during, and how important the first 3 years of brain development is, and thus, why it is they have the vaccination schedule and ingredients that they have, they're chemically dumbing us down and making us infertile, they're creating an epidemic of 'mental health disorders', Autism, Parkinson's, Alzheimers, Cancer and so on, it's shocking most people will never believe it's true.
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..