Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 23:34   #31
Senior Member+

Re: vaccine shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
its just When my doctor wants to give me drugs (i don't need?) as im fit and healthy with a ok,all round diet its natural defences up time lol, i dont believe prescription pharmaceuticals are the answer to preventative health i think we should F science off and go back to creationism and "natural" medicines(that includes medical marijuana ).BUT thats just me
My doctors are very strict with some drugs - they never want to give me drugs I don't need and a very reluctant to give sleeping pills, coedine pain killers ( strong co-codamol) and so on, except one of them that is.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2012, 23:36   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
You might not say that if you were in my position.

Perhaps you should find out why the doctor sent you that letter.
I can't comment as i don't know about your health susie, i think my GP thinks i'm "at risk of getting flu" how and why i dont know(but i disagree) i think im going to decline his kind offer to inject poo into me (thats why kids cry when they stick that needle in them,They know its poo thats being put in them an they know its no good for them) lol
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
i think we should F science off and go back to creationism and "natural" medicines(that includes medical marijuana ).BUT thats just me
Tell that one to the dinosaurs, oh, you can't can you, God killed them off long before he decided to have a second go and created us.

I just love the way this thread is evolving.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34   #34
JFT96

Susie, I had the Smallpox done by the UN, I was offered a job by them. flying aid in parts of Africa, apparently all UN field personnel have every vaccine thy can find!
Luckily I got a job in Morocco instead.

Back to thread, regarding the way this is going, back to the Stone Age anyone?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

Strange isn't it?
He/she/it wants us to go back to the dark ages and ignore all the forward steps that have been made by science, however he/she/it/supreme being? needs to use a modern piece of scientific technology to spread the word.
i.e. a computer, shame on you, you shouldn't even have electricity in your house, haven't you seen how many electrical engineers those sub stations are killing off every year?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I can't comment as i don't know about your health susie, i think my GP thinks i'm "at risk of getting flu" how and why i dont know(but i disagree) i think im going to decline his kind offer to inject poo into me (thats why kids cry when they stick that needle in them,They know its poo thats being put in them an they know its no good for them) lol
I wouldn't call it n injection its only a pin prick/scratch unlike a blood test. May be more credible if yeh actually knew what yer on about, though i doubt that.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Strange isn't it?
He/she/it wants us to go back to the dark ages and ignore all the forward steps that have been made by science, however he/she/it/supreme being? needs to use a modern piece of scientific technology to spread the word.
i.e. a computer, shame on you, you shouldn't even have electricity in your house, haven't you seen how many electrical engineers those sub stations are killing off every year?

"back to the dark ages" OK Maybe to say F science alltogether was a bit strong
just for the record i'm a supreme being, we all are
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13   #38

Had mine this morning. Flu jab in one arm, blood out of the other. Think i must be unlucky.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17   #39
Senior Member+

I don't normally bother about going for a 'flu jab but the district nurse is going to come and give my wife one and told me I should have one also.
It is now arranged for me to have the jab at home the same time as my wife.
This year will probably be the very first time in my 74 winters that I have 'flu.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:24   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wouldn't call it n injection its only a pin prick/scratch unlike a blood test. May be more credible if yeh actually knew what yer on about, though i doubt that.
i stand corrected cash "its only a pin prick/scratch" you obviously know what yer on about
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I don't normally bother about going for a 'flu jab but the district nurse is going to come and give my wife one and told me I should have one also.
It is now arranged for me to have the jab at home the same time as my wife.
This year will probably be the very first time in my 74 winters that I have 'flu.
lol probably
Old 09-10-2012, 09:29   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Had mine this morning. Flu jab in one arm, blood out of the other. Think i must be unlucky.
is it for pneumonia too or is that another jab?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41   #43

As far as i know just for flu. I have chronic heart disease which is why they now send for me.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:47   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Susie, I had the Smallpox done by the UN, I was offered a job by them. flying aid in parts of Africa, apparently all UN field personnel have every vaccine thy can find!
Luckily I got a job in Morocco instead.
That's interesting BG. Never heard that before, you learn something every day!

Quote:
Well we could all become hunter-gatherers again...

Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53   #45
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Well after forty years of no contact with the NHS, this year I have had surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy so my immune system has been all over the place. I've not had a flu jab before but it is recommended if your immune system is weakened. I had it last week along with a couple of travel jabs as I am now well enough to have a holiday and we are off to warmer climes all being well.

I was a bit dubious about having all three jabs at the same time but so far I have had no problems at all touch wood. Now looking forward to the holiday!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..