Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 16:22   #121

Re: vaccine shot

Mum and I are going for our jabs this Saturday. I have read the preceding arguments and not been convinced why I shouldn't have a jab. If you don't want vaccinating, don't have it.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2012, 16:27   #122
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I did find the remark about doctors meeting targets a little offensive to doctors. The only targets they have is to protect their most vulnerable patients from distressing conditions and, at worst, an early demise.
Well said Kate, I meant to post something similar earlier, but got carried away in all those wonderful websites about the dangers of flu vaccines and forgot.
Old 10-10-2012, 16:39   #123
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Afraid it could be any one of a long list of suspects!

Anyone calling themselves Chris SUI JURIS really is asking for someone to come up with a better name.
lol maybe
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:47   #124
God Member

Quote:
I did find the remark about doctors meeting targets a little offensive to doctors. The only targets they have is to protect their most vulnerable patients from distressing conditions and, at worst, an early demise.
Why do doctors qualify as 'unoffendable'?
It is a very well paid job, and they make mistakes.

I have a nephew who is a hospital consultant in Macclesfield. He is in it for the money. He prefers his patients unconcious so specialized in anesthetics.

Since the days of Shipman I expected more people to take them off their pedestals.

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-10-2012 at 16:54.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:00   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

I have a nephew who is a hospital consultant in Macclesfield. He is in it for the money. He prefers his patients unconcious so specialized in anesthetics.
A chip off the old block, MargaretR?

I know how he feels- if some of the folk on Accyweb were my patients I'd prefer them unconscious.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:05   #126
God Member

Quote:
A chip off the old block, MargaretR?

I know how he feels- if some of the folk on Accyweb were my patients I'd prefer them unconscious.
It is simpler to use the ignore button for people who persistently offend.

bye
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:07   #127
Beacon of light

Quote:
I'll be going for mine on Saturday.

Have expressed my opinions on vaccines before, and won't bore you with them again.

That was my comment. I stand by it.(You can only be offended if you allow yourself to be) Today, the NHS is driven by box ticking and target meeting, with very little thought to the patients. And most doctors hardly know their patients anymore - if you see the same one twice you are very lucky. How can a doctor have his patients best interest at heart when he knows nothing at all about the patient?(other than what is on the computer screen).
Like you I have aired my views on vaccinations and there is little more to be said on the subject
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:10   #128
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
If you don't want vaccinating, don't have it.
That comment is spot on Michael.
Old 10-10-2012, 17:28   #129
Beacon of light

I would suggest you ask how many of the Doctors and Nurses at the practice have had a vaccination against the Flu........most of them won't have had a vaccination. This, despite the fact that it is offered to all health care workers....I think the take up is somewhere in the region of 30%.

We are all responsible for our own health, and most of us can make decisions about what is the right choice for us individually.
Old 10-10-2012, 17:35   #130
I am Banned

ok so we know it's not unheard of for Dr's to say your right to refuse a flu shot, also it's not unheard of for Dr's to say that there not allowed to tell patients the truth,seems the doctors hands are tied by big pharma companys, a growing number of doctors know the dangers with vaccines but are told to shut up! no study has proven the flu shot effective and very little saftey studies have been done.

if you want a flu jab have one,if not don't have one.....simples
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 17:49   #131
Beacon of light

I have looked up the Health Protection Agency statistics about the uptake of the flu jab in health care professionals. The most up to date figures are for 2011. Just 34.7% of health care professionals took up the offer of vaccination.
In 2010 the figures were 26%
Old 10-10-2012, 18:03   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have looked up the Health Protection Agency statistics about the uptake of the flu jab in health care professionals. The most up to date figures are for 2011. Just 34.7% of health care professionals took up the offer of vaccination.
In 2010 the figures were 26%
Now that is the sort of information which I do take seriously and it worries me a little.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 18:17   #133
Beacon of light

I know that when I was ward sister, we used to have information about flu jabs for staff....there was much encouragement for staff to go and get the jab, but very few of my own staff were vaccinated.
The Health Sister used to come around and try and drum up support, but very few of them went for the jab.
Old 10-10-2012, 18:17   #134
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We are all responsible for our own health, and most of us can make decisions about what is the right choice for us individually.
I agree Margaret, and it's possible I may not have had the jab if I had been fully fit. What I object to is the misinformation, speculation and sheer bad science that is out there on the net.
Quote:
Now that is the sort of information which I do take seriously and it worries me a little.
It's a pity they weren't asked what their reasons were for declining the jab. That would have been interesting.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:30   #135
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
yeh my benefactor didnt have the courtesy to give their name...but i have suspicions
Maybe your suspicions are wrong, or maybe you have lost patience, or maybe you gave me unsigned red, just to have revenge? or maybe someone else want's to continue the discussion by setting us against one and other, allow me to assure them, I have no admiration for you, and if it was you, well after all, what can we expect? I don't need to give you foul karma, you give me foul posts to work on, just like you used to do.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..