Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 07:16   #16
God Member

Re: Landlords!

Well you know now of course that the landlord was blagging you about the certificate, another note worth mentioning, is, when the certificate is issued, one copy has to be left on the property for the tenant, if you dont have a copy, whether the landlord has one or not, then you dont have one, if you see what I mean!
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
I am looking at private atm, the council waiting lists are too long
Don't do it. Why do you want to move?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:59   #18
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i wouldnt live in a private rented house if you paid me
same here flashy, too many cowboys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Some people really dont have a choice. With house prices so high and an average £10,000 deposit it is the only choice for those who cant afford a mortgage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i wasnt referring to affording a mortgage, i would rather live in a council house than a private rented house, at least you know its safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Your lucky to get a council house unless your homeless Been there done that and with no luck.
I rent, but not private. nor council.......Housing associations rent houses too
And the rents cheap!!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:39   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Don't do it. Why do you want to move?
Because i will need a 3 bed eventually and this house is tiny!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Because i will need a 3 bed eventually and this house is tiny!
When you have the youngster ema you circumstances change, why not have a word with HH and see what they can do, but I agree with others your better off with HH than private, especially if anything goes wrong on the repairs front
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19   #21
Senior Member+

i have been told that theres a long waiting list for 3 beds and in theory ty and the baby can share for a while, even tho theres no room (i cant swap rooms either cos my bed wont fit in the back bedroom)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 05-11-2008, 16:46   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
i have been told that theres a long waiting list for 3 beds and in theory ty and the baby can share for a while, even tho theres no room (i cant swap rooms either cos my bed wont fit in the back bedroom)

Then get a new bed-even if it means getting a single one in the back bedroom but whatever you do don't go into private-big mistake.
My friends just left council housing for private and the guy has moved her numerous times because his 'doing up his houses'...everytime he has left her with building sites to live in and shes even decorated the houses then had to move again....and being a single mum with 3 children if that wasn't hard enough....his moving her yet again.
If she has any repairs to be done he 'puts it on his list'...we all know that means he CBA and he always turns up for the rent when he pleases-usually before going abroad.....sometimes leaving it till she has £800 stashed away in what she owes in rent money-which is yet another risk for her.
Curerently if you have nuisance neighbours the council deal with it (which has happened alot in Fern gore recently and they have been thorough and sorted out quite a few yobs)), any repairs the council will deal with them (and fast, in my experience), and the rent is alot cheaper than private......all for the sake of a little extra room?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 17:02   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
At what age can baby and Ty not share?
Old 05-11-2008, 17:05   #24
Senior Member+

I dunno what it is but ty is 7 on monday so i dont think its so long.

Old 05-11-2008, 17:10   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Is the baby a girl?, if so then it is ten years old they are not aloud to share with the oppsite sex, if they are both boys then they can share untill they leave home.
Old 05-11-2008, 17:14   #26
Senior Member+

yeah baby is a girl.... its not just about them sharing a room its about having space in general

Old 05-11-2008, 17:25   #27
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I had a girl who was 9 and a baby boy, the council dont care if ya have the space or not, to them a two bedroom house is big enough, then when ya son turns 10 then they will let ya have a 3 bedroom, untill then they wont do anything im afraid... unless like ya said you go private
Old 05-11-2008, 17:31   #28
Senior Member+

yeah, theres a few reasons i want to move..this is the first council house ive had, ive had problems with landlords and ive had good landlords, its the luck of the draw

Old 05-11-2008, 20:01   #29
God Member

up here you have to have licence to be a lanlord a well known slum provider in glasgow got his took off him...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 20:21   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
up here you have to have licence to be a lanlord a well known slum provider in glasgow got his took off him...

So did all his tennants loose their homes then?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..