Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 17:13   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Theme Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Are they not a little too young to really appreciate that yet? (my two i mean) It might just be me thinking that they are when maybe they arnt though
I think you have to not go overboard on the facilities with 2 year olds Emzy .. think they would enjoy a different playground in a park more than a big theme park. Although some theme parks do have features for younger members, think you would be wasting money. Ribchester used to be quite good, and Heaton Park.

Pipinfort mentioned Blackpool, used to be Jungle Jims which was quite good, not sure if still there, but you would have to watch where they are going at all times ..

From, on the one occasion I had the pleasure of meeting them, they are a lively duo, and feel better in open spaces, rather than crowded theme parks.

Last edited by katex; 06-04-2009 at 17:16.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 17:21   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I think you have to not go overboard on the facilities with 2 year olds Emzy .. think they would enjoy a different playground in a park more than a big theme park. Although some theme parks do have features for younger members, think you would be wasting money. Ribchester used to be quite good, and Heaton Park.

Pipinfort mentioned Blackpool, used to be Jungle Jims which was quite good, not sure if still there, but you would have to watch where they are going at all times ..

From, on the one occasion I had the pleasure of meeting them, they are a lively duo, and feel better in open spaces, rather than crowded theme parks.
Wanted to take them somewhere special as a treat lol but know what you mean, I need eyes in the back of my head sometimes. They are more than happy going to a park or soft play centre but dont like it when its overcrowded. Was also thinking along the lines of south lakes animal park or similar. Just wanted somewhere different for a change lol. And yes they are very lively at times
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:02   #18
God Member

South Lakes Wild Animal Park is great..............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:19   #19

south lakes is fab, but em remind me to tell you about the place in Bolton, we could have a go over this weekend if you want, think its called smithills farm???
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:21   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
South Lakes Wild Animal Park is great..............
Think could be the answer Emzy, something real and informative ... can imagine their little faces watching the animals, asking LOTS of questions, etc.
Old 06-04-2009, 18:46   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think could be the answer Emzy, something real and informative ... can imagine their little faces watching the animals, asking LOTS of questions, etc.
OMG questions, Noooooo!! lol

Have been there before but before I had children (went with friends who had one, thats my excuse )
Old 06-04-2009, 18:47   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
south lakes is fab, but em remind me to tell you about the place in Bolton, we could have a go over this weekend if you want, think its called smithills farm???
Okies, you can tell me about it over a brew tomorrow
Old 06-04-2009, 19:03   #23
God Member

Our lot have been to Smithills today, they had a free Easter Egg hunt for the kids, they loved it.......£5 in for adults, £4 for kids free for under 2`s....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 21:00   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Our lot have been to Smithills today, they had a free Easter Egg hunt for the kids, they loved it.......£5 in for adults, £4 for kids free for under 2`s....
Smithills is great.

My two love it there. We go a couple of times a year.
Old 06-04-2009, 21:37   #25
Passed away 25-11-09

Gulliver's Warrington is very good because it caters for very young children and it's not ridiculously expensive. It's best to get there by car, though, as it's out of town.

Is Camelot still open? I haven't been there since I took my grandson when he was 12 and he's now 23. It was OK but a bit run-down even then.
Old 06-04-2009, 23:47   #26
God Member

forbidden corner has loads of wide open spaces, and the views are amazing but can understand that at two they probably wouldn't understand it and there is quite a lot of walking to do and they wouldn't appreciate the puzzles you are set as you go round... it is absolutely brill in fact I think I might just go back soon for a nostalgic visit after looking at their website again

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 00:57   #27
God Member

have to say south lakes was a big fave with us too.. One year we even bought season tickets and went loads of times and got more than our money's worth. Nice drive up, although it's a bit of a trek with two small un's unless they fall asleep at the sound of your car engine then treat it as a nice drive WITH some peace and quiet

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:00   #28

Gullivers is great but I will never go back there after they charged my young un the same price as a 12 year old when we went for his 3rd birthday, just because he was tall. if you're under xxx cm its one price, over its another price)

I explained that he wasnt even 3 (couple of days short) and wouldnt be going on half the rides anyway due to his age so why should he be charged the same about as a 12 year old. Just thought it was a blatant rip off
Old 07-04-2009, 05:04   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Okies, you can tell me about it over a brew tomorrow
Smithills Open Farm in Bolton, Lancashire :: Events

Yey am up for the brew as well. Do you fancy doing the farm thing on Friday? We havent been on a proper excursion for aggggeeeees, (the encounter with the horse doesnt count) xx
Old 09-04-2009, 18:37   #30
Resting in Peace

Don't know whether you have got the Observer yet Accylass, but insert in there advertising a 'Noise' Exhibition at Haworth Art Gallery, starting tomorrow 'till 25th May.

Billed as the noisiest art exhibition coming to Hyndburn ... LOL.

6 months >> 100 Years !.. admission free.

Sounds fun ... I think ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..