Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2007, 18:10   #16
Senior Member+

Re: How Old......?

Aww, thats soo good, i have a friend, who is 24 and his mum still brushes his hair(he has long hair) and makes his bed, and tells him to make sure to brush his teeth at nite,pathetic? very, he cant even cook and egg without burning the whole kithen.
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2007, 18:28   #17

Keep it up Flashy - I've always encouraged my son to help around the house and cook - he's actually going to take Catering as a GCSE next year, but not because he wants to become a chef - he described it to me as a 'life skill'.
Old 30-12-2007, 19:08   #18
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my son is 6 and he cleans his own bedroom(after a little bit of moaning though, and my daughter whos 14 cleans her room , loves to cook(cakes), and even does her own ironing!....kids need to learn to do things on thier own to be independant when they do get into adulthood, other wise they will do nowt, then what they gonna do when us, the parents are no longer around
Old 30-12-2007, 22:24   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad i joined accyweb, threads like this, give me more faith in people, cos i have met n know a lot of real knobheads. cheers.
Old 30-12-2007, 23:00   #20

11 years old...hope ya got him hangin' wallpaper, paintin etc.
Old 30-12-2007, 23:02   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
glad i joined accyweb, threads like this, give me more faith in people, cos i have met n know a lot of real knobheads. cheers.
Well, I must be one of your knobheads then Cashy, followed mum's beliefs, that she showed me how, but never pushed it, as believed I would have to do enough when I eventually got married ..... let me enjoy my childhood without the encumbrances of domestic duties.

Done this with my children too, and they are better cooks than me.

Domesticity is a pain in the ass .. better things to do in life ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 01:34   #22
Resting in Peace

Started cooking at 9 bricklaying at 13 did this affect my rock cakes
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 10:13   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, I must be one of your knobheads then Cashy, followed mum's beliefs, that she showed me how, but never pushed it, as believed I would have to do enough when I eventually got married ..... let me enjoy my childhood without the encumbrances of domestic duties.

Done this with my children too, and they are better cooks than me.

Domesticity is a pain in the ass .. better things to do in life ..

i know what you mean Kate, he does do kiddie things, i take him places, he plays out with his friends and does everything else that kids do too
Old 31-12-2007, 10:14   #24

Get him working! and if he stops grab the whip you have
Old 31-12-2007, 10:25   #25
God Member

We tend to forget that working age in th 1920s and 30s was 13/14 - and many of the jobs were strenuous physically (mining and heavy industry)

I am not suggesting that those days return, but it serves to remind us that we may be underestimating what our youngsters could be capable of.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 10:30   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We tend to forget that working age in th 1920s and 30s was 13/14 - and many of the jobs were strenuous physically (mining and heavy industry)

I am not suggesting that those days return, but it serves to remind us that we may be underestimating what our youngsters could be capable of.
Most youngsters today cant speak properly or even read or write well enough. Its all over the news too. some kids just dont seem to give a toss about their future.
Old 31-12-2007, 10:37   #27
God Member

i'm only leading by example, my late mum used to show us how to do everything and i've just taken it from there
Old 31-12-2007, 10:55   #28

Its good to see a parent that gives a shi7. Alot of kids are out till gone past midnight and sorry but my kids will not be!
Old 31-12-2007, 11:45   #29
mez
God Member

good on ya flashy its a credit to you, he will thank you later on in life im sure
Old 01-01-2008, 13:40   #30

hey shaz ure spot on, as Reece and Jack ae the same age, i dnt want my son to be a wuss lol that cnt do out for him self ( like certain person who lives near us and is older than our 2 ?? ) jack makes us brews, & he sorts his room out, i think its very important that they get to do things around the house as it gives them a sence of responcability, the next thing i want to do is let jack go in town with his mates i mean ive let him go to the cinema with a few of his mates from school, ive dropped him off then picked him back up............

Hey kids dnt u just lurve em .......... lol
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..