Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 21:26   #16

Re: cold weather payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I agree, i'm not advocating yet more money for the Work Shy, just a more caring, beneficial service for those who genuinely cant, and who suffer during winter months.

My lad is in his 20's, is Severely Brain Injured, cant walk and is Wheelchair bound, and only has the use of one hand. During this current spell of bad weather he has only been able to leave the house once in the last 3 weeks, he lives on a cul de sac which has been impassable, and even if he got past that then most pavements have not been gritted so are impossible for an adult in a wheelchair.

Effectively house bound and with the heating and lighting on all day, yet he doesn't receive a penny in Winter Heating Allowance, which kicks in automatically for older people at 60.

Best Regards - Taggy
These are the real issues the government should be addressing.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2010, 22:17   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I totally agree Tony even though I DO get these payments, if your elderly you still feel the cold irrespective of circumstances
But the Tories opposed cold weather payments and have stated they will make cuts if elected
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 22:38   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
But the Tories opposed cold weather payments and have stated they will make cuts if elected
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.conservatives.com/News/News_stories/2009/06/Pickles_rebuts_Labours_desperate_spin_about_Conser vative_plans.aspx
Eric, the Conservative Party Chairman, said, "People shouldn't believe Labour's desperate spin. We have no plans to cut the free TV licences for pensioners, free bus passes, or the winter fuel allowance.”
You can't just write things and wish them to be true Mancie.
Old 12-01-2010, 22:45   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
You can't just write things and wish them to be true Mancie.
..and your source is from "conservatives.com" .. you crack me up.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:03   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well what else did ya expect?
Old 12-01-2010, 23:15   #21
God Member

Originally Posted by http://www.conservatives.com/News/Ne...n_about_Conser vative_plans.aspx
Eric, the Conservative Party Chairman, said, "People shouldn't believe Labour's desperate spin. We have no plans to cut the free TV licences for pensioners, free bus passes, or the winter fuel allowance.”
Eric says?... so Andrew all thes cuts and hard decisions ... where are they going to be made?
Old 12-01-2010, 23:31   #22
God Member

Quote:
Oh how silly of me to get it from the horses mouth what they'd do!

Shall we just play a game of making it up and ignoring what their policies are?

You started. I'm next:

Labour don't believe in the NHS

Your turn Mancie.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:38   #23
God Member

Lets get this sorted..the Tories say there will be no cuts in the NHS, no cuts in Pensions, no cuts in Policing, no cuts in Public Transport, no cuts in Benifits, no cuts in Energy, no mention of the cuts they will make for education
But they say there will be cuts in tax for those earning over 100k per year and an end to inheritance tax on those whose estates are worth more than 500k.
Were are these cuts going to be made?.. Andrew and his mob don't even know yet they follow like blind mice.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:40   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

bet ya don't get n answer no way.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:41   #25
God Member

Quote:
Oh how silly of me to get it from the horses mouth what they'd do!

Shall we just play a game of making it up and ignoring what their policies are?

You started. I'm next:

Labour don't believe in the NHS

Your turn Mancie.
let's play "you tell us were the cuts will be made" game...but I reckon you don't know!
Old 12-01-2010, 23:42   #26
God Member

Quote:
Lets get this sorted..the Tories say there will be no cuts in the NHS, no cuts in Pensions, no cuts in Policing, no cuts in Public Transport, no cuts in Benifits, no cuts in Energy, no mention of the cuts they will make for education
But they say there will be cuts in tax for those earning over 100k per year and an end to inheritance tax on those whose estates are worth more than 500k.
Were are these cuts going to be made?.. Andrew and his mob don't even know yet they follow like blind mice.
You just make it up as you go along though Mancie. For example, Conservative policy is to raise tax on the highest earners. You can agree or disagree with this.. but instead you just say "they say there will be cuts in tax for those earning over 100k per year" the total opposite of what their policy is.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:44   #27
God Member

Quote:
let's play "you tell us were the cuts will be made" game...but I reckon you don't know!
NHS spending and overseas aid spending will be ring fenced. There's still a budget to come yet so no there are not any fixed policies on which departments will be cut. I imagine all but the two named will be though.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:51   #28
God Member

Quote:
NHS spending and overseas aid spending will be ring fenced. There's still a budget to come yet so no there are not any fixed policies on which departments will be cut. I imagine all but the two named will be though.
all but two.. so cuts in education, cuts in Policing, cuts in pensions in any second Parliment, cuts in benifits in the first Parliment, tax hand outs to those that you consider hold "Victorian Values"... and cuts in Defence..you say you don't know were the cuts will be.. well I've just told you.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:59   #29
God Member

Quote:
all but two.. so cuts in education, cuts in Policing, cuts in pensions in any second Parliment, cuts in benifits in the first Parliment, tax hand outs to those that you consider hold "Victorian Values"... and cuts in Defence..you say you don't know were the cuts will be.. well I've just told you.
I didn't say I didn't know where the cuts would be, I said I imagine it will be across the board department cuts with the exception of NHS/Overseas aid.

If you think we can continue with such a massive budget deficit then you're on cloud cuckoo!
Old 13-01-2010, 00:09   #30

Quote:
I didn't say I didn't know where the cuts would be, I said I imagine it will be across the board department cuts with the exception of NHS/Overseas aid.

If you think we can continue with such a massive budget deficit then you're on cloud cuckoo!
And i guess if Gordon Brown had looked after the country in the good years their would be no cuts to be made now.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..