Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 00:12   #31
God Member

Re: cold weather payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I didn't say I didn't know where the cuts would be, I said I imagine it will be across the board department cuts with the exception of NHS/Overseas aid.

If you think we can continue with such a massive budget deficit then you're on cloud cuckoo!
You "imagine" it will be across the board which would involve policing,defence and pensions..but no mention of cuts to the tax dodging millioniars .. that was well put Andrew the new Tory slogan "imagine there's no country, above us only sky"..or as Maggie put it "no society"...Thatcherism is on the horizon,!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2010, 00:15   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
all but two.. so cuts in education, cuts in Policing, cuts in pensions in any second Parliment, cuts in benifits in the first Parliment, tax hand outs to those that you consider hold "Victorian Values"... and cuts in Defence..you say you don't know were the cuts will be.. well I've just told you.
Thought they were increasing pensions.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 00:19   #33
God Member

Quote:
You "imagine" it will be across the board which would involve policing,defence and pensions..but no mention of cuts to the tax dodging millioniars .. that was well put Andrew the new Tory slogan "imagine there's no country, above us only sky"..or as Maggie put it "no society"...Thatcherism is on the horizon,!
I said departments budgets would be cut. I never said pensions would. Cutting a department budget does not mean you must cut every single thing in it. In fact I expect the basic state pension will rise as they are set in line with earnings.

Under Conservative policy non-domiciles will be getting taxed extra Manice. David Cameron talks about society a lot. You don't half make things up because of your hatred of Margaret Thatcher who left office some time ago.
Old 13-01-2010, 00:23   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Thought they were increasing pensions.
Any Goverment will increase pensions in the first Parliment because it is law.. but cuts the Tories have in mind involve state pensions and they have said they cannot guarentee the price index increase on state pensions...lets get real..the Tories opposed the state pension and they don't like it.. simple.
Old 13-01-2010, 00:34   #35
God Member

Quote:
Any Goverment will increase pensions in the first Parliment because it is law.. but cuts the Tories have in mind involve state pensions and they have said they cannot guarentee the price index increase on state pensions...lets get real..the Tories opposed the state pension and they don't like it.. simple.
You say it as if they plan to do these things. They plan quite the opposite. Not much point continuing this when you just make up what they believe!
Old 13-01-2010, 00:47   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
You say it as if they plan to do these things. They plan quite the opposite. Not much point continuing this when you just make up what they believe!
OK Andrew ..you are the bod on this site that is active as far as the Tories are concerned.. so can you tell people were the cuts will be made?
I've have stated were these cuts will be made and I don't think I'm making it up..so tell us if there will be cuts in pensions or defence or wherever and if you don't know then why do you come on here getting involved with politics and all that.... you should be telling your chums in the student bar about how the Tories are going to save Britain.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:13   #37

Quote:
OK Andrew ..you are the bod on this site that is active as far as the Tories are concerned.. so can you tell people were the cuts will be made?
I've have stated were these cuts will be made and I don't think I'm making it up..so tell us if there will be cuts in pensions or defence or wherever and if you don't know then why do you come on here getting involved with politics and all that.... you should be telling your chums in the student bar about how the Tories are going to save Britain.
The Tories will save Britain by making a big change from an economy built on debt,to an economy built on savings.Raising tax allowances for pensioners from 2,000-11,490.These changes will be made by restricting government departments except for Health,Schools,Defence and International development.
Abolishing increase in tax for everyone on basic rate.Top rate earners paying the same.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:25   #38
God Member

Quote:
The Tories will save Britain by making a big change from an economy built on debt,to an economy built on savings.Raising tax allowances for pensioners from 2,000-11,490.These changes will be made by restricting government departments except for Health,Schools,Defence and International development.
Abolishing increase in tax for everyone on basic rate.Top rate earners paying the same.
sounds great and no cuts in Defence,Health,Schools..lovely.. but were will the cuts be made?.. it's a simple question
Old 13-01-2010, 01:26   #39

Quote:
How do you think Labour and Mr. Borrow could save Britain?
Old 13-01-2010, 01:27   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
sounds great and no cuts in Defence,Health,Schools..lovely.. but were will the cuts be made?.. it's a simple question
Ask Jeeves.

(I think that's the name of the Cameron's butler.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 01:40   #41

I like this one the new 50p tax rate and associated changes to the taxation of high earners should be kept in place in order to ensure that the richest in our society pay their share of the burden of the LABOUR DEBT CRISIS.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:42   #42
God Member

Quote:
How do you think Labour and Mr. Borrow could save Britain?
I don't Know Mr Borrow? The Tories will save Britain for themselves ..for the minority that don't like the idea of a society ..and base economics on the majority feeding the rich minority by taxes that do not effect them.. given time will they will bleed and slurp until last drops of community are demolished..they prey on the unfortunate as to break us down... thats what I say

Last edited by Mancie; 13-01-2010 at 01:44.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:53   #43

Quote:
I don't Know Mr Borrow? The Tories will save Britain for themselves ..for the minority that don't like the idea of a society ..and base economics on the majority feeding the rich minority by taxes that do not effect them.. given time will they will bleed and slurp until last drops of community are demolished..they prey on the unfortunate as to break us down... thats what I say
Okay. However how do you think Labour will do a better job on the economy and running the country.
Old 13-01-2010, 02:32   #44
God Member

Quote:
Okay. However how do you think Labour will do a better job on the economy and running the country.
Labour have already done a better job than the Tories have ever done..I'm thinking about the 3.5 + millions unemployed in what the Tories called an economic upgrade in the 80's.. I'm talking about the reality of 17% intrest on motgages ,homes being repossed at a rate that broke the working men and women,hospital patients on trollies in corridors, no winter payments and when thousands of old people died each year.
Those 18 years of Thatcherite Tories was a bloody nightmare for most right thinking people .. there is no way Labour or any other party apart from the Tories could do a worse job than you lot did.

Last edited by Mancie; 13-01-2010 at 02:39.
Old 13-01-2010, 07:42   #45
Resting in Peace

Just checked my bank account and a second cold weather payment of £25 went in this morning
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..