Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2012, 10:25   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Bin not collected - overweight sticker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
But how are you going to recycle your batteries Less
Take them down the allotment and feed them to the hens.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2012, 10:30   #17
Resting in Peace

Ah well saves ya buying batteries Less if they're laying um

Last edited by Mick; 16-07-2012 at 05:03.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 11:21   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

It's a Glaswegian question, often heard in corner shops & kiosks throughout the area.
Old 15-07-2012, 12:05   #19

Guy's I have had no choice, have manually emptied the bin and brought it to the tip, I have emailed them, but I will be asking for a rebate on my council tax. Good Luck with that one eh??
I don't weigh my bin???? so how would I have known if it was still too heavy in two weeks time?? Even though I had removed some of it?? I couldn't risk them not empting it again and then I would have a slurry of green garden waste in the bin rather than as it was decomposing (absolutely rank I have to say) the flies were rife round it and ive had to go and buy ant powder to keep those at bay too.

What a bloody palava!!

I'll see what they say like i've said, but put me in a right predicament it did!!
Old 15-07-2012, 13:19   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

How can they be sure it was you that filled their bin up and made it so heavy?
Once you put HBC's bin outside at 7pm the night before collection day you have no control on what other people may or may not put in their bin. For all they know you could have been away from home and only had 1 bag in it when you put it out and someone else could have filled it with bricks
Old 15-07-2012, 13:48   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How can they be sure it was you that filled their bin up and made it so heavy?
Once you put HBC's bin outside at 7pm the night before collection day you have no control on what other people may or may not put in their bin. For all they know you could have been away from home and only had 1 bag in it when you put it out and someone else could have filled it with bricks
That happened to us couple of years back, Twas the chavs 2 doors away,luckily i was in yard having a fag,after putting it out, so heard him, i assure yeh he aint been near our bin since.
Old 15-07-2012, 13:53   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That happened to us couple of years back, Twas the chavs 2 doors away,luckily i was in yard having a fag,after putting it out, so heard him, i assure yeh he aint been near our bin since.
Its not your bin, its HBC's bin. Thats what they have reminded people on here about in other threads.
Old 15-07-2012, 14:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its not your bin, its HBC's bin. Thats what they have reminded people on here about in other threads.
Its only H.B.C.s bin when they can be arsed.
Old 16-07-2012, 08:37   #24
Resting in Peace

Just wondered how the bin men judged it to be overweight. Is there some sort of indicator on the lifting gear of their wagon ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 09:00   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just wondered how the bin men judged it to be overweight. Is there some sort of indicator on the lifting gear of their wagon ?

i think if a wheelie bin provides any resistance when been pulled and results in a binman been put in danger of breaking a sweat it is deemed too heavy

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 15:31   #26

A similar thing happend to me.

We are first collection and missed the binmen by 10 minutes, they arrived about 07:45.

I rang council at 9am, they say nothing they can do but we can put up to 4 extra binbags out next delivery. so we are a family of five, seven when me 2 children come and stay at weekends. we have a very full bin as you can imagine. my son is only 1 so we have nappies in there aswell.

My question to them is where can I store the 4 bin bags over the 2 weeks so that the local cats don't rip them apart and we then have rats? the only answer I got was "take it to the tip yourself"

This is the kind of customer service we get for £1200 a year council tax!!!!

My fault as I missed the bin but they need a proper procedure for if people don't get there bin emptied, they expect people to wait 4 weeks for there bins to be emptied is stupid.
Old 18-07-2012, 18:00   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossy Warrior View Post
A similar thing happend to me.

We are first collection and missed the binmen by 10 minutes, they arrived about 07:45.

I rang council at 9am, they say nothing they can do but we can put up to 4 extra binbags out next delivery. so we are a family of five, seven when me 2 children come and stay at weekends. we have a very full bin as you can imagine. my son is only 1 so we have nappies in there aswell.

My question to them is where can I store the 4 bin bags over the 2 weeks so that the local cats don't rip them apart and we then have rats? the only answer I got was "take it to the tip yourself"

This is the kind of customer service we get for £1200 a year council tax!!!!

My fault as I missed the bin but they need a proper procedure for if people don't get there bin emptied, they expect people to wait 4 weeks for there bins to be emptied is stupid.
Not wishing to sound critical but what would happen if everybody were 10 minutes late putting their bins out
Old 18-07-2012, 21:19   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not wishing to sound critical but what would happen if everybody were 10 minutes late putting their bins out
The bin men would finish early 'cos they wouldn't need to empty their wagon.
Old 19-07-2012, 14:04   #29

I know what your saying Jaysay but they do have a system in place to monitor if you put extra bags out, so they have the ability to monitor who frequently does this and issue fines as appropriate.

The issue i have is that the council are not working for the people, it's there way or no way even if there way is stupid.

What does putting overweight stickers on bins acheive? it means that somebody has to sort through 2 weeks worth of rubbish and take some of it to the tip themselves. you then have another 2 weeks of rubbish to go on top of that, how does that even sound right or fair?
Old 19-07-2012, 14:41   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
I know what your saying Jaysay but they do have a system in place to monitor if you put extra bags out, so they have the ability to monitor who frequently does this and issue fines as appropriate.

The issue i have is that the council are not working for the people, it's there way or no way even if there way is stupid.

What does putting overweight stickers on bins acheive? it means that somebody has to sort through 2 weeks worth of rubbish and take some of it to the tip themselves. you then have another 2 weeks of rubbish to go on top of that, how does that even sound right or fair?
So if instead of garden waste you had put concrete blocks in the bin? Would you still say it is they and not you that is being stupid?

Your wheelie bin is for household rubbish not garden waste.

Probably the bin wasn't overweight, probably they had run out of, 'don't put garden waste in the household refuse bin' stickers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..