Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 17:44   #316
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

So have the dreaded seats arrived yet?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2009, 17:59   #317
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Which seats ?
Old 12-02-2009, 18:01   #318
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which seats ?
The new toilet seats, of course.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 18:58   #319
Senior Member+

erics cost cutting and just putting wooden benches in the clayton end! painted blue of course! becuase we cant have matching colours that would look too good!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:02   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
They will be arriving next month, but Eric expects them to all be installed by the middle of May - June at the very latest - well in time for the start of the Blue Square Premier next season
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:03   #321
I am Banned

Why the dreaded seats!!!!

Without extra seats we reprive Bournemouth and Luton

Do true and loyal supporters want us to be the 1st club to be relegated from the FL because we haven't fulfilled their requirements????

I DON'T

There are 900 seats enroute from Scotland, as I write. I KNOW, I've organised the movement. Another caring official was clever enough to do the deal with St. Mirren.

The blue Maine Road seats are probably NOT required, but are available IF needed!!

The top men at the club DO CARE, but are mindful of spending the clubs cash sensibly!!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:06   #322
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post

Without extra seats we reprive Bournemouth and Luton

Do true and loyal supporters want us to be the 1st club to be relegated from the FL because we haven't fulfilled their requirements????

I DON'T

There are 900 seats enroute from Scotland, as I write. I KNOW, I've organised the movement. Another caring official was clever enough to do the deal with St. Mirren.

The blue Maine Road seats are probably NOT required, but are available IF needed!!

The top men at the club DO CARE, but are mindful of spending the clubs cash sensibly!!!
I was under the impression that Barnet did that a few years ago because their ground didn't have the required capacity for the league. Please someone correct if I am wrong and I will be the first to hold my hand up.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:40   #323
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post

I DON'T
STILL MISSING THE POINT SR, NOBODY WANTS THE CLUB TO GO DOWN THE ARGUEMENT IS ABOUT WHERE THE SEATING GOES & WHO IT EFFECTS WITHOUT THOUGHT NOR CONSIDERATION TAKEN - THATS THE POINT!!!

Why has the club left it so late - we know why? The club are doing it now & rushed cos they now have to because Luton & Bournmouth have dictated that due to their points loss. Fans arn't stupid

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 12-02-2009 at 20:42.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:42   #324
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I was under the impression that Barnet did that a few years ago because their ground didn't have the required capacity for the league. Please someone correct if I am wrong and I will be the first to hold my hand up.
Stevenage boro went down because of capacity & ground rulings a fair no of seasons ago.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 12-02-2009, 20:52   #325
Senior Member+

Judging by the shirt colours and picture of the St Mirren stadium pending proposed redevelopment those seat won't be red either

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:54   #326
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Stevenage boro went down because of capacity & ground rulings a fair no of seasons ago.
NO THEY DID NOT!!!!

They, like Kiddy, Macc, and Alty never got promoted 1st time around.

Also your other post is totally incorrect!!

Please re-read my 1st post on this thread, nothing has changed apart from the fact that the St. Mirren seats have made the blue MCFC seats not required
Old 12-02-2009, 20:59   #327
God Member

Thanks SR - yr post confirming that you really do think the paying fans are totally stupid!

I got that info from a boro fan before we got promoted warning us of the rulings i shall direct yr comment to him about that.

BLUE SEATS we PLAY IN RED COLOURS AT HOME - how flippin tinpot, not only do we have to lose our standing position to seats but bloody blue ones an all

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 12-02-2009, 21:07   #328
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Thanks SR - yr post confirming that you really do think the paying fans are totally stupid!

I got that info from a boro fan before we got promoted warning us of the rulings i shall direct yr comment to him about that.

BLUE SEATS we PLAY IN RED COLOURS AT HOME - how flippin tinpot, not only do we have to lose our standing position to seats but bloody blue ones an all

Mel,

Where are you getting the idea of blue seats from????

The blue seats were a cheap option.

Now because of some clever work we have enroute to us loads of red and white seats from St Mirren.

NO I DONT THINK PAYING FANS ARE STUPID, I class these people as my friends

Stevenage have never been in the FL, fact!!

The seating of the Clayton End is a Plan B, because Plan A to put a new stand on the Whinney Hill is currently more expensive than we can afford.FACT!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 21:15   #329
God Member

FACT FACT FACT very condesending Mark insinuating im stupid cos im wrong, maybe but the club have been wrong for many a times this season - lack of correct info being told to fans, proven that listening & being proactive to critical comments or as i like to call it constructive, leaving the very important part of said critical seating issue being left to the last minute & wonders why its no bloody money - certainly since 2-3 games have been postponed due to weather conditions............need i go on im sure the rest of the paying fans whom have found disappointment on & off the pitch with stanley could add to.............& thats before i go on about exhibition late shirt launch & lack of taking opportunities or capitilising whilst the fans & potential fans were waiting with baited breath pre season...nowt to do with failing gates & apathy....! etc!

Now would that be based on fact or im i again stupid & wrong in everything i say?? I only go now to support the players on the pitch & just hope, cos the rest of asfc has lost me.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 12-02-2009 at 21:17.
Old 12-02-2009, 21:22   #330
I am Banned

Mel

Now I see why the forum link has been dropped from the website!!

I still think of you as a friend

Yes mistakes are made by the club

But why this rant???

The club have to add the covered seats at minimal expense, because we have no money.

Its nothing to do with postponed matches, its to do with issues that even I'm struggling to get my head around!

Please let's not fall out, I do believe we all support the same cause??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..