Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 15:03   #346
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
READ THE THREAD THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER

The experts have advised the cheapest, safest and simplest way to install the necessary seats. The RED AND WHITE seats (NOT BLUE) are going in where we have been told they are. No amount of slagging off of anybody will change that. We will just have to get used to it. We are a football league club now not a non-league outfit where you can walk around the ground. We have to abide by the rules and that is that. Of course the club left it to the last minute, probably to see how much money was available. We may have had a good cup run, we may have had television money. Unfortunately that did not happen so it has to be the cheapest option. It is going to happen so stop moaning and get used to it.
Sorry jeff graffitti -ing your post but the above line so made me that should be noted to the club as well as the rest of us, if they behaved & acted like a professional outfit then maybe people will see it as one.......just a big point there!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2009, 15:13   #347
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Moaning @ the club - dig at moi
eeerm no.. wasn't actually.. i wouldnt have a dig at you personally.. its the majority of accywebbers not just you seriously it was and never would be my intention to single you or anyone else out... but lets face it this is the place where people come to slag the club off.. and tell us what great fans they are all in the same post usally..

Quote:
notice its been a while since the last Q&A & lots of things have festered or have been ignored that many people are not happy with & have/are voicing that opinion.
Thus whats the point? I ahve been to every one of these and apart from paul cooks little speech i wasnt impressed with any.. its all long awakward silences or some plonker wiht the wrong end of the stick pratting on about something no one is interested in..

The last Q/A we had was attended by a lot of big voices on here... too scared to actually repeat themselves in public...

so if there useless..questions get side stepped or soft soaped then what is the point..

Quote:
As for u KP im sure u can promote yourself very well
damm straight!!
Old 13-02-2009, 15:19   #348
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Sorry jeff graffitti -ing your post but the above line so made me that should be noted to the club as well as the rest of us, if they behaved & acted like a professional outfit then maybe people will see it as one.......just a big point there!
I said that we ARE a football league club - I didn't say we acted like a football league club.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:20   #349
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I've moaned with the best but the question that I've always wanted to ask is "Why Eric did you not keep your promise and step aside when we got promoted to the FL?"
He said he didn't have the "clout" (money) to enable Stanley to progress if we ever got into the FL, offers were made to him but he didn't go.
My own view is he is old school and not forward thinking enough and now has become a liabilty to Stanley.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:21   #350

Watch this space on seats update tonight.... The blue seats were plan B There is going to be NO plan B as 900 Red and white seats have arrived in Lancashire and will be at the ground tomorrow 90% are Red so Colour problem solved.

I have this on good authourity has i saw the seats at a previous ground on Tuesday morning and have photo's which i will at some stage forward on to Kippax and Macca for club archive. They come from a current Scottish Premier League Club who have re located thanks to Tesco they are the same style as we have now and will match up nicely.

Anybody who can help keep an eye on this thread later as SR is posting an update...

Lets keep positive chaps and chapesses (Is that how you spell it) - Most people are giving there best Trust me...
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:23   #351
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post

Thus whats the point? I ahve been to every one of these and apart from paul cooks little speech i wasnt impressed with any.. its all long awakward silences or some plonker wiht the wrong end of the stick pratting on about something no one is interested in..

The last Q/A we had was attended by a lot of big voices on here... too scared to actually repeat themselves in public...

so if there useless..questions get side stepped or soft soaped then what is the point..

Really, wow, im surprised at that couldnt attend the last meeting tho didnt have any issues to bring as they were being sorted before then, beleive it not had nowt lol. Shame about people being too intimidated to speak up, was eric there? lol, we had a meeting with the club @ the OSC meeting [just before we announced intentions of the heritage fund - something we wont forget erics face after hahahaha] but i did raise my Q's then without fear lol & neither did macca but left knowing where we stood, but yes u do have a point with soft soaping but once keep pressing it then a straight answer can be sought even if its not a pleasant one & think its why my opinion of late is how it is because of that. Maybe it is a good idea but then maybe not so yes a valid point there.

I noticed they have our free dividing panels being put to use

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 13-02-2009, 15:26   #352
K-P

Quote:
. Shame about people being too intimidated to speak up,

Where on earth did you get that from? why do you assume they where intimidated.. ? why does everyhting have to be bad ?
Old 13-02-2009, 15:27   #353
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I've moaned with the best .
gerraway with ya?
Old 13-02-2009, 15:27   #354
God Member

Quote:
I've moaned with the best but the question that I've always wanted to ask is "Why Eric did you not keep your promise and step aside when we got promoted to the FL?"
He said he didn't have the "clout" (money) to enable Stanley to progress if we ever got into the FL, offers were made to him but he didn't go.
My own view is he is old school and not forward thinking enough and now has become a liabilty to Stanley.
Now how scary is that having the same convo with cashy earlier & that very point was brought up ..................were u eavesdropping

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 13-02-2009, 15:29   #355
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
The last one was for Coley and Jimmy unfortunatly Eric didn't want to take part which stopped a lot of questions being asked. Who was scared, I remember most of the moans at the time got responses although Rob Heys did his best to stop the difficult ones getting through.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:31   #356
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
Watch this space on seats update tonight.... The blue seats were plan B ..
I thought the blue seats where plan A then the red became available...

Never been a doubt that they would arrive.. never been a doubt that they would be put in.. the bit i didnt like was people telling us we had them already... just shows we didnt eh

Shame I will be on my way to bournmouth when they arrive... for taking pics not for helping unload haha
Old 13-02-2009, 15:31   #357
God Member

Quote:
Where on earth did you get that from? why do you assume they where intimidated.. ? why does everyhting have to be bad ?
Cos thats what i got from your post ????????? Or are u suggesting that people post on here with their opinions or Q's without problem voicing it & yet in person they dont feel to do so

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 13-02-2009, 15:33   #358
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I said that we ARE a football league club - I didn't say we acted like a football league club.
Precisely, all well & good telling the fans we are an FL club when the club dont act it, think that causes most of the confusion & moaning from the fans IMHO!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 13-02-2009, 15:35   #359
K-P

Quote:
The last one was for Coley and Jimmy unfortunatly Eric didn't want to take part which stopped a lot of questions being asked. Who was scared, I remember most of the moans at the time got responses although Rob Heys did his best to stop the difficult ones getting through.
I didnt hear a peep out of you fella...I spoke up a few times but cant remember what...

I stopped the Q/A I was doing in this website.. lots of good questions and got rob heys to get them all answered... the answers became a bit of a joke... just side stepping and not really answering.... so much so that i didnt want to be part of it.. a good honest Q/A was OK when i started it.. for year or so.. but when it got to the point where an answer wasnt an answer.. well..
Old 13-02-2009, 15:37   #360
K-P

Quote:
Cos thats what i got from your post ?????????

How?

poeple are full of it on here slagging the club off but havent got it in them to do in face to face... thats not being intimidated..thats being softies

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..