Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 15:38   #361
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I didnt hear a peep out of you fella....
I asked two questions that night.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2009, 15:40   #362
God Member

Quote:
How?

poeple are full of it on here slagging the club off but havent got it in them to do in face to face... thats not being intimidated..thats being softies
Yes know a few people like that but not all of us are tho

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:40   #363
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I asked two questions that night.

What time is it
pass the crisps

hehe sorry mate..just my SOH . i think i had to leave before the end so would have been after i left...
Old 13-02-2009, 15:42   #364

Quote:
I thought the blue seats where plan A then the red became available...

Never been a doubt that they would arrive.. never been a doubt that they would be put in.. the bit i didnt like was people telling us we had them already... just shows we didnt eh

Shame I will be on my way to bournmouth when they arrive... for taking pics not for helping unload haha
I guess your right Tony on the Colour thing... I will forward you some piccies of the seats next week ... have a safe trip to Bournemouth and bring us back three points.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 15:42   #365
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Yes know a few people like that but not all of us are tho

Are you saying your not a shy little girly ?
Old 13-02-2009, 15:44   #366
God Member

Quote:
Are you saying your not a shy little girly ?
Absolutely ...

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 16:53   #367
God Member

Well it looks like they have finally arrived,

Ground development
Friday 13th Feb 2009

The seats have arrived, now we need your help!
Accrington Stanley have taken delivery of over 900 plastic seats from St Mirren, and we need your help to off load them from 9.30am on Saturday morning!

Meeting at the Fraser Eagle Stadium we will be taking them from a large articulated lorry and storing them ready to begin fitting in the next week or so.

As many people as possible are required to help with the task, with a free pint or equivalent for those under 18, at the end for all who help!

Fitting date don't you think

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 16:56   #368
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well it looks like they have finally arrived,

Ground development
Friday 13th Feb 2009

The seats have arrived, now we need your help!
Accrington Stanley have taken delivery of over 900 plastic seats from St Mirren, and we need your help to off load them from 9.30am on Saturday morning!

Meeting at the Fraser Eagle Stadium we will be taking them from a large articulated lorry and storing them ready to begin fitting in the next week or so.

As many people as possible are required to help with the task, with a free pint or equivalent for those under 18, at the end for all who help!

Fitting date don't you think

Form a queue
Old 13-02-2009, 16:58   #369
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
LOL, come on you lot support your club by helping with the seats you all know you really want
Old 13-02-2009, 17:07   #370
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
LOL, come on you lot support your club by helping with the seats you all know you really want
So me going all the way down to bournmouth because the team are playing there.. whats that then?
Old 13-02-2009, 18:40   #371

would do but accy on sky one 2mozs pls i like to stand so you can keep the seats
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 19:03   #372
Super Moderator

Quote:
How?

poeple are full of it on here slagging the club off but havent got it in them to do in face to face... thats not being intimidated..thats being softies
Fully admit, I've never asked a question at a meeting...but, then again, I've never been to a meeting. Live 30 miles away and for various reasons, have to rely on public transport. It's enough hassle and expense getting to night matches, without taking in meetings, too.

I know that'll be seen as a cop out, but I don't see what's so daunting about asking Rob a hostile/awkward question...what's he going to do...launch a kung fu attack on the questioner?...ban them from the FES for life?

However, like Bagpuss, I think there's only one question to be asked now...why doesn't Eric Whalley make good his intention to step down and sell the club to someone who has the financial clout and the ideas to take us further forward (and I don't mean that Horace Batchelor feller!).
Old 13-02-2009, 19:35   #373
I am Banned

Quote:
I thought the blue seats where plan A then the red became available...

Never been a doubt that they would arrive.. never been a doubt that they would be put in.. the bit i didnt like was people telling us we had them already... just shows we didnt eh

Shame I will be on my way to bournmouth when they arrive... for taking pics not for helping unload haha

The Blue seats were always Plan B. Can't say we havn't got them, because although they aren't yet at the FES they are 18 miles from the ground, gathering moss!! they've been a plan gone wrong from some 3 years, and now we don't need them are likely to be there for another 3 years!!

I don't think I have ever said seats had arrived at the FES, just knew I could move them cheaply and quickly if no other option!!

Brand new seats cost £25 each to buy without fitting, the blue ones were free, hence the interest.

The blue ones numbered 300; they WOULD have gone on the cowshed, Whinney Hill.

We always planned to put RED seats on the Clayton End, when it became clear (from the experts) that was the cheapest option!!

Modular seating was around £80 per seat, and the space on the Whiney Hill at 3 deep would not have given us the required number to satisfy the FL.

The St Mirren seats are costing considerably less, and based on their average gates of 4K most of them will have never been regularly used!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 19:39   #374
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
would do but accy on sky one 2mozs pls i like to stand so you can keep the seats
With you all the way on that Grimps

Old 13-02-2009, 19:53   #375
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
The Blue seats were always Plan B. Can't say we havn't got them, because although they aren't yet at the FES they are 18 miles from the ground, gathering moss!! they've been a plan gone wrong from some 3 years, and now we don't need them are likely to be there for another 3 years!!

I don't think I have ever said seats had arrived at the FES, just knew I could move them cheaply and quickly if no other option!!

Brand new seats cost £25 each to buy without fitting, the blue ones were free, hence the interest.

The blue ones numbered 300; they WOULD have gone on the cowshed, Whinney Hill.

We always planned to put RED seats on the Clayton End, when it became clear (from the experts) that was the cheapest option!!

Modular seating was around £80 per seat, and the space on the Whiney Hill at 3 deep would not have given us the required number to satisfy the FL.

The St Mirren seats are costing considerably less, and based on their average gates of 4K most of them will have never been regularly used!!
Southern, I personally do not think that you have to justify yourself or the club to us by this forum!! But it is very good of you to do so and I must say that it does put some others at the club to shame (not bothered if they kicked it off for comments like this) Thanks Southern for your constant support and posts Long may it continue.............

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..