Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2009, 12:01   #46

Re: Rob Heys

Just one question. If Rob Heys has put thousands into HM Tax. how come they only paid off £96,000. Thats looking even worse for the S.O.S fund.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2009, 12:12   #47
Member.

Mel; you are absolutely right to carry on with the passion you feel. What I’m saying is we have to recognise that we may well be stuck with what we’ve got and will for those very reasons you have highlighted; work with them.

Jeff; Khan said he has. If he hasn’t yet done it I wouldn’t blaming. If I had put my home and my family’s life on the line to save Accrington Stanley only to be met by the negativity on here I’d say **** um and walk away…He hasn’t and that means something, it’s got to do. My understanding is that O’Neil as done the same.

Dave: you know what you’re talking about, in two or three years time with proper financial support anything is possible, but in my opinion not at this time, and yes there will always be volunteers ( and I know what you allude too) my point is we would need volunteers with money in there pockets.

Chimer’s point is a good one and one I have alluded to in the past, if they wanted to be nasty they could shut the doors this afternoon and be ******. But they won’t and I don’t think they ever will.

The people in place now have and are putting money in other wise the lights wouldn’t come on and staff wouldn’t get paid. Very big mistakes have been made and there are no short quick fixes, we all know that yet some of us seem to be under the illusion that we can get shut of every one at the crown and live happily ever after on the back of Mr. Khan; actually his money.

When I wrote to Mr. Khan to thank him for what he did on Friday I said that every eye of every supporter would be on him for Direction and Leadership, now I have no idea what his agenda is but I am grateful for what he’s done… he knows better than the rest of us that little can change at the crown without massive financial investment.

The Board currently including Mr. O’Neil and Ms. Lazarus know the only way forward is to work with people like Mr. Khan and Mr. Marsden and the supporters of Accrington Stanley, while we are screaming for blood they aren’t going to be to receptive.

They have made a massive balls up and they have to make it right. Healing begins with all of us working together to make sure they don’t do it again.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 12:13   #48
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Just one question. If Rob Heys has put thousands into HM Tax. how come they only paid off £96,000. Thats looking even worse for the S.O.S fund.
I think he made a couple of donations to the fund like we did, could be wrong but it is Mr. Khan who is giving this information to us. Can he be trusted?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-10-2009, 12:18   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I think he made a couple of donations to the fund like we did, could be wrong but it is Mr. Khan who is giving this information to us. Can he be trusted?
Well more a lot than DON, Ilyas answered all q's - no ums or hopefullys or fudged the questions asked to him - thats what won people over. He was giving us info that the club were refusing to - plus prepared to back up his time at court with transcripts - media quoted same, things he couldnt guarentee - he made plain that he couldnt, best of all he had time for us - never had i ever seen that at the club before

Ps i had doubts but i met & spoke with the man personally he answered my qs

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 12:21   #50
God Member

The board have got to go simple as that with exceptions maybe to MR T poss Rob in another role but Eric, Don & co must do the club one last favour & speak to all interested parties as to leave the club & let it be with people who can. Not many would work with them after this fiasco & would seriously harm the club further more than the tax issue imho.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 12:25   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
The Board currently including Mr. O’Neil and Ms. Lazarus know the only way forward is to work with people like Mr. Khan and Mr. Marsden and the supporters of Accrington Stanley, while we are screaming for blood they aren’t going to be to receptive.

They have made a massive balls up and they have to make it right. Healing begins with all of us working together to make sure they don’t do it again.
Good management involves skills, and the higher up the management tree one moves, the more skills are required. There are facets such as people management, money management, media management etc etc. Sadly, David O'Neill has proved that he just does not have the required skills in any of the required areas. I firmly believe that he is UNABLE "to make it right". "We" are not in a position "to make sure they don't do it again", other than by seeking their removal from a role for which they are totally unsuited.

I am especially surprised, Doug, that you include Ms Lazarus in the only way forward.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 12:47   #52
I am Banned

so now mr EW has jumped ship and gone to Chester City FC will he now relinquish all ties with asfc as chester city seem to be going down the pan as well,Mr EW was one of the most stubborn,ignorant,bullying and self righteous person i ever had the misfortune to work with,in every company he has owned his word was law,even in the clubhouse before and after the match the whalley factor was there,doors being slammed people being frozen out,you cant put all the blame on rob heyes who was at the end of the day just employed by Mr EW,possibly a yes man but then again when confronted with Mr EW who was,nt.As long as the past and current people are dipping their fingers into the coffers at asfc this club will continue to founder,My thanks go to jase and all the people behind the scenes who have worked their b**llocks of to raise funds for the club but at the end of the day they are all p**sing into the wind unless there is a substantial change of management at the highest level,so give Illyas Khan a chance,i have personally known him for over 25 years and at the end of the day we cant do any worse at the present time,
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 12:48   #53
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Good management involves skills, and the higher up the management tree one moves, the more skills are required. There are facets such as people management, money management, media management etc etc. Sadly, David O'Neill has proved that he just does not have the required skills in any of the required areas. I firmly believe that he is UNABLE "to make it right". "We" are not in a position "to make sure they don't do it again", other than by seeking their removal from a role for which they are totally unsuited.

I am especially surprised, Doug, that you include Ms Lazarus in the only way forward.
I’m trying to make a point that they won’t go away unless it worth their while, I don’t see Mr. Khan putting money in to either pocket so we have to make change slowly and work with indifference if necessary to gain a foot hold of our own, but you are quite correct in what you say RR.

Ms Lazarus is a non persona, a faded wall flower clinging to an autumn wall thinking of what could have been.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-10-2009, 16:05   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
ms lazarus is a non persona, a faded wall flower clinging to an autumn wall thinking of what could have been.
.......... :d :d :d
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 16:45   #55
God Member

Smile Re: Rob Heys

Doug, much of what you have said is to the point, but there are always two side to every story.... I think it is time that you made your way to The Crown over the coming weeks and had a little chat with some of us....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 17:06   #56
God Member

I had Mr Khan's post in mind when reading the Accrington Observer today. Reading with a different perspective you get the feeling that in quotes such as "Mr Khan's presence certainly offered weight to our argument in the courtroom" (which as first made me red in the face), Rob is reluctantly speaking on behalf of the company and therefore his boss; a boss in 'damage limitation to image and power' mode. David needs Rob, Rob needs Accrington Stanley. I don't know whether Rob would make a good chief executive as he's never really had that role (it's always been the owner of the majority of shares making the decisions) but as was said a few weeks ago, we all know he'll be around for better or worse in years to come, busting a gut for the club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 03:44   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
for gods sake leave rob heys alone,he was only doing what he was told to do by the previous owner,who was apain in the arse to work for and who,s word was LAW,rob has been with asfc since the bad old days like going to horwich rmi, marine or even knowsley fc on a cold and wet wednesday night, yes he has made mistakes but it goes even further than that up to the very top of asfc,what about all these quotes from mr EW that the club is solvent and we owe nowt to the taxman, rob was employed on a need to know basis,and the former chairman is at fault for all this debt,fact the inland revenue bills were not paid when mr EW was in charge as the amount that asfc now owe to the IR now shows,Rob Heyes has done a hell of a lot for this club under a lot of pressure from the last owners to keep quiet,so give the lad abreak,would any of you lot have wanted the pressure and the job that he had,
Alan, I'm in complete agreement with you.

I'm saddened to see so many 'supporters' turning on Rob Heys at the time when he needs our friendship and understanding.

Rob has recently made some significant errors of judgement, largely I believe due to a misplaced sense of loyalty to his employers.

However, these failings pale into insignificance compared to the numerous positives which he has achieved for Accrington Stanley during the last decade.

Some people believe that "it's not how you start, it's how you finish".

Well, I'm not one of them. I believe that it's how you've lived for your friends, your family and your football club over these many years.

On that basis alone Rob Heys deserves far more respect than he is being given by some of the ignorant loudmouths on this forum . . . most of whom have never, and will never, contribute even a fraction of what Robert Heys has contributed to Accrington Stanley.

Criticise the Directors by all means.
They're there to take the flak.

But don't crucify Rob, a hard-working and decent man who must at this moment be bewildered by the bile, venom and sheer nastiness which is being directed at him.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 08:09   #58
God Member

Smile Re: Rob Heys

Good post HM

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 09:39   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
This may well be my last post.............

Your all dreaming….Accrington Stanley Football Club by rights should have been dead years ago, it’s been punching above its weight since its conception and the only reason it’s ever managed to survive is thought the effort and pockets of the people who have funded it too date…..this includes past and present owners, directors, shareholders and those walking through the gates on a Saturday and purchasing merchandise and those who have sponsored the club over the years.

It was the loss of sponsorship that thrust us into this crisis; yes poor judgement and inaptitude played a major role in bring us to this point, but it’s the lack of funding that is the root cause.

If you clear out the existing team you will have to find someone to replace them, someone who will be willing to tip in out of their own pockets (like Rob Hays who remortgaging his Home) like O’Neil who has put money and resources in; yes they are poor judges and their objectives where out of reach but they put time in for little, if any return.

Replace them with what; ASSF/ST a bunch of ultra dedicated supporters without two stones to rub together, holding down day jobs, giving what time they can spare between family and Bed? It will never work……I have tremendous respect for those of you I know and for those I don’t who put in a lot of time to support Stanley beyond the call; but realistically, are you going to have the time needed over and above what you are doing now to run a Football Club, where are you going to get the money to pay for these Football/Business savvy replacements (who will want to go home at 5.30 and have two days off and a big salary to boot.

Will Mr. Khan want to put his business objective on hold and rush to your aid every time you have a financial crisis…..because even he will have limits to be input?

Like or not we are a poor run down east Lancashire town football club with no money and few real friends in the world of business, if we weren’t we wouldn’t be in this ****.

Accrington Stanley was built on the backs of people who grafted and put their hands in their own pockets.

Mr. O’Neil took a big chance and fell down, He Promised he would not let Accrington Stanley Fold. Well he nearly did and must recognise that time is running out and he should act with honour and find a buyer. The rest should get on with there jobs and carry on moving this club forward until such time as it can finance itself……..

In three years time the ASSF/ST can possibly take control and we can all play our part. Unless you want to put your money where your mouths are and remortgage your homes to buy the club.

BOY o BOY am I glad jack barret was not as negative and cynical as you doug.........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 09:55   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
Alan, I'm in complete agreement with you.

I'm saddened to see so many 'supporters' turning on Rob Heys at the time when he needs our friendship and understanding.

Rob has recently made some significant errors of judgement, largely I believe due to a misplaced sense of loyalty to his employers.

However, these failings pale into insignificance compared to the numerous positives which he has achieved for Accrington Stanley during the last decade.

Some people believe that "it's not how you start, it's how you finish".

Well, I'm not one of them. I believe that it's how you've lived for your friends, your family and your football club over these many years.

On that basis alone Rob Heys deserves far more respect than he is being given by some of the ignorant loudmouths on this forum . . . most of whom have never, and will never, contribute even a fraction of what Robert Heys has contributed to Accrington Stanley.

Criticise the Directors by all means.
They're there to take the flak.

But don't crucify Rob, a hard-working and decent man who must at this moment be bewildered by the bile, venom and sheer nastiness which is being directed at him.
well; henry, you defend rob heys very well n eloquently, but no matter what he has done in the past, this is a guy,who fer whatever reason has told untruths to people who love stanley just as much, that is beyond doubt, but you are entitled to do that. what i find strange is the man you defend would now likely be unemployed but fer the 11th hour intervention of Mr Khan n Mr Marsden, that is also beyond doubt, yet fer your own reasons you have chose not to post on the thread thanking these 2 gentlemen. seems very strange to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..