Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2012, 10:01   #376

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I think you have issues here that you may realise more when you are older, at the moment you seem to think you are invincible, even though you won't agree I think you are a very vulnerable young woman. And don't go down the compensation culture line with the people who have spoken, it's offensive. ' Lovely Uncle Jimmy, couldn't do any wrong' - blame the children because they were up for it or now as adults telling lies? How dare you? Just because they're now adults doesn't make them any more vulnerable at the time they were abused. Do you know they are claiming compensation? We need in law to take the word of the people who were children at the time they claim they were abused - hopefully the aim is that children will not be subject to such treatment in the future. Think about it.
Well if you think that, you must be correct. I guess you are-and it's because of my job, obviously.
Old 22-10-2012, 10:05   #377
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No idea, but apparently its on Twitter who, Not being a twit i don't use it.
Where on Twitter? Twitter is millions of people with accounts when you click to follow someone, you then get all their messages when they "tweet!" but they don't get yours. If they like you then they follow you also and get your tweets.

So who's tweeting this information then!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 10:32   #378
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
This guy Uncle Dick - was a children's radio DJ and died in 1967! Does anyone know who that is?
All i'll say at min is research kes......wheres detective supersue when you need her
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 10:46   #379
God Member

Some of us old codgers will remember him

Derek McCulloch | The Radio Academy
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 11:28   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I think you have issues here that you may realise more when you are older, at the moment you seem to think you are invincible, even though you won't agree I think you are a very vulnerable young woman. And don't go down the compensation culture line with the people who have spoken, it's offensive. ' Lovely Uncle Jimmy, couldn't do any wrong' - blame the children because they were up for it or now as adults telling lies? How dare you? Just because they're now adults doesn't make them any more vulnerable at the time they were abused. Do you know they are claiming compensation? We need in law to take the word of the people who were children at the time they claim they were abused - hopefully the aim is that children will not be subject to such treatment in the future. Think about it.
(In further response to Anne, the internet decided to misbehave before).

And also,do you know that they do not?

Okay, now I have had a little bit of time to consider, I will say something to you.
It has just dawned on me after a quick post-search, that you are the same user who commented on my blog and has made a point of responding to more than a few of my posts.

You do not know me, have never met me, yet have formed an opinion on me because of my chosen line of work.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as you could be using an alias?

I am inclined to think that this deems you bigoted, ostentatious and pious,all traits that I personally find the most inflammatory in people, but that's not so relevant.

What has caused me to reply, is the fact that it's possible you are genuine, and actually think you are doing some potential good, by helping this young, vulnerable character you have decided I am, and if this is true, then it has to be said.

I have worked with the vulnerable most of my life, was a pioneer of a support group some years ago, and you're right, there are some girls in my line of work who I worry about.

Let us say for arguments sake, that you are correct, I am a young, vulnerable girl, desperate for money, my boyfriend is actually my pimp, I have nobody to talk to and I cry myself to sleep every night.-whatever just an example.

Your methods, of which I speak of things such as saying their choice of money making apparatus was 'shameful' that they're 'dodgy' and are vulnerable and shooting them down when they show any sort of personality,- do you believe that these things would hold any positive effect, on somebody in such a position? Do you think it would make such a person hold respect and figure that you're correct, and summon up the strength to do something about it?

Or do you think perhaps it would cause them upset, cause them even more self-hatred than they already struggle with-make them want to separate themselves from 'normal' society even more than they may already do?

Another relevancy is your medium of doing so-on an internet discussion forum. This person I defined has made an attempt to be part of normal society and is discussing various current issues and conversing with some new people.

And then, they are addressed the way you are addressing me. I am hoping you have the perceptive ability to understand that this is not a positive thing, and again, can emphasise self-esteem issues and result in further harbouring of self hatred, subsequently egoistic rejection from society.

Coming across the way you do, from a stance 'above', causes isolation in young, vulnerable people-especially when it is done publicly. I cannot remember properly and I will not be bothering trawling through more old posts, but did I not advise you from the very beginning that it would be favourable to message me privately, following a response to one of my posts?

If you want to help young, vulnerable people then I can only admire you for that. You may even do so already-I do not know -however in any case please, please change your methods, your way of addressing them-rid yourself of the innate snobbery and rigid opinions, and open your mind a little.

Coming across the way you do to myself, with those who are vulnerable and sensitive can manifest itself and can affect somebody who is already feeling victimised. Understanding, open-mindedness, kindness is key.

I would have sent this privately , but as you choose to jibe at me publicly, I decided you may prefer my responses to be public.

I apologise for threadjack, also mods, if you want I will move this to a new thread. It just needed to be said. I almost think she would like it if something *did* happen to me as a result of my work, or at work, because it would mean she had been proven somewhat correct!

Jennifer

Last edited by Sunflower49; 22-10-2012 at 11:31.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 11:43   #381
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
ostentatious

Jennifer
Knowing you to be rather pedantry so far as English language is concerned, are you sure you meant ostentatious and not obnoxious?

Perhaps if you spend a little more time correcting your own posts you will have less time to worry about other peoples wandering apostrophes?

P.S. Is it good English to start posts so regularly with lol?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 11:48   #382

Lol is what I should reply to that!
No I definitely meant ostentatious, do you think I have used it incorrectly?
Old 22-10-2012, 12:04   #383
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Ref: this video - post 63.
The bone fragments that were found in this Jersey Children's home Haut de la Garenne are now said to be non-human and also 100's of years old!
maybe...this is worth a read tho
JERSEY:Children were loaned to rich paedophile yachtsmen
Old 22-10-2012, 12:11   #384
I am Banned

“‘I RAN THE GAUNTLET OF PEDOPHILES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY’, SAYS FORMER CHILD ACTOR”

'Jimmy Saville may be the villain of the moment concerning revelations about child sexual abuse at the BBC, but the truth is there are pedophiles everywhere in the entertainment industry. Many of them are in positions of power and influence within their respective organisations, including adult stars, directors, producers and executives. The following accounts are just some of my own personal experiences – and brushes with pedophilia out in the entertainment and big media spheres, as a child star who attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London ...'

‘I RAN THE GAUNTLET OF PEDOPHILES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY’, SAYS FORMER CHILD ACTOR 21st Century Wire
Old 22-10-2012, 12:21   #385
God Member

Former child actor Ben Fellows has made further allegations since those

Ben Fellows: ‘Murdoch Newspaper Does a ?BBC? to Protect Pedophiles and Child Abusers’ 21st Century Wire

For anyone who feels that rampant pedophilia is mainly confined to the entertainment industry, I provide this link showing a long list of pedo politicians (the ones who got caught/small fry mostly).

http://chris-ukorg.org/uk-child-abus...ty-affiliated/
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 12:52   #386
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Former child actor Ben Fellows has made further allegations since those

Ben Fellows: ‘Murdoch Newspaper Does a ?BBC? to Protect Pedophiles and Child Abusers’ 21st Century Wire

For anyone who feels that rampant pedophilia is mainly confined to the entertainment industry, I provide this link showing a long list of pedo politicians (the ones who got caught/small fry mostly).

Councillors/Political party Affiliated
pedophilia is certainly not confined to the entertainment industry or politicians,fat cats...thats what this threads all about...keep the links coming
Old 22-10-2012, 13:21   #387
I am Banned

my letter to jim'll fix it

Dear Jim

please could you fix it for me to have the British people wake up and see how rotten you and the entire system really is?

thanks chris S/J
Old 22-10-2012, 13:44   #388
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So if yeh think its that bad, Emigrate.
Old 22-10-2012, 13:58   #389
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
my letter to jim'll fix it

Dear Jim

please could you fix it for me to have the British people wake up and see how rotten you and the entire system really is?

thanks chris S/J
Well yeh - if he's been getting away with that for so long what else have others in more protected circles been up to!?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 14:12   #390
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So if yeh think its that bad, Emigrate.
No it's worldwide cash.... saudi prince's etc

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..