Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2015, 22:27   #916
God Member

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

The raid on his last remaining UK residence gave him the perfect excuse to sell it.
An arrest would be fraught with difficulties - he now resides only in Portugal and the Bahamas.
There is bound to be reluctance to press charges and the raid may well have been engineered to enable him to avoid it.

I have viewed the Elm Guest House visitors documents and am inclined to not accept his pleas of innocence. The poice are justified in investigating him.
Accyexplorer likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2015, 22:35   #917
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The raid on his last remaining UK residence gave him the perfect excuse to sell it.
An arrest would be fraught with difficulties - he now resides only in Portugal and the Bahamas.
There is bound to be reluctance to press charges and the raid may well have engineered to enable him to avoid it.

I have viewed the Elm Guest House visitors documents and am inclined to not accept his pleas of innocence. The poice are justified in investigating him.
I have viewed many thing's on the web, some later proved to be false.

I have never enjoyed Cliff Richards, but he is not to be condemned unless by a Jury of his Peers.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 00:13   #918
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps you are also wrong?
Perhaps,fancy a wager?

Quote:
Do you have a guilty secret that makes you look for the worst in other's?
Not that I'm aware of,How's the relationship with the new neighbour going,has he made you feel like a young chap yet

Quote:
I don't like Sir Cliff but I won't keep condemning him the way you do.

Should you look at your own guilt before condemning others?
I don't like him either,I think he's a wrong un, I'm curious to know if I'm right,with sexual offences nowadays most folk are presumed guilty until proven innocent.
I said if apologise if the allegations were (cough cough,white washed) proven to be false.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 09:42   #919
Senior Member+

The BBC are running a story on more reports regarding Jimmy Savile's abuse at Stoke Mandeville. The BBC have even commented the fact that Margaret Thatcher tried four times to get him knighted, eventually succeeding, even though it was an open secret he was a paedo.

password--Accyweb
Old 26-02-2015, 09:46   #920
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There is bound to be reluctance to press charges and the raid may well have been engineered to enable him to avoid it.

I'm with you on this one M.

here is the list (for those who haven't seen it)

kBL.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 26-02-2015, 10:29   #921
God Member

For those about to say -'anyone could write that' -
The documents were held up to camera by a social worker whose face and hands were also in the frame. She did that hurriedly before they were seized by police because she wanted to be sure they didn't 'get lost'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 11:24   #922
Beacon of light

I am appalled that the incidents at Stoke Mandeville were not acted upon.
If I had reported something like that I would want to know what was being done about it and if nothing was done then I would be hollerin like the hounds of hell were after me.
I would have reported the situation to the police myself if nothing was done.
maxthecollie likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 12:45   #923
Senior Member+

"Former pop star Gary Glitter has been jailed for a total of 16 years for sexually abusing three young girls between 1975 and 1980.
Garry Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was sentenced for attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault and one of having sex with a girl under 13."

Gary Glitter jailed for 16 years - BBC News

A life's sentence for someone who's so long in the tooth.

password--Accyweb
Old 06-03-2015, 16:49   #924
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
"Former pop star Gary Glitter has been jailed for a total of 16 years for sexually abusing three young girls between 1975 and 1980.
Garry Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was sentenced for attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault and one of having sex with a girl under 13."

Gary Glitter jailed for 16 years - BBC News

A life's sentence for someone who's so long in the tooth.
There was a lad in Accy ( I won't mention his name now deceased) but he used to abuse his sister in front of his mates and make her cry - so I bet this has gone on a lot more in families than people think - not just celebrities.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 19:45   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
There was a lad in Accy ( I won't mention his name now deceased) but he used to abuse his sister in front of his mates and make her cry - so I bet this has gone on a lot more in families than people think - not just celebrities.
Shame on his mates for watching not protecting. Of course it happens that's why it's called incest.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 06-03-2015, 21:00   #926
Beacon of light

Quote:
and that makes it right?
Of course it doesn't make it right!
What a big man this person you knew, must have been......and his despicable friends for watching the girl be abused and humiliated in front of others.
It would be bad enough for it to happen in private, but that was unforgivable.

The situation will never be fixed until those in positions of authority/influence/power are rooted out and made to pay for their crimes against children.
Unfortunately these people are in the position of being able to destroy/lose evidence of their misdeeds.
Less, cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:54   #927
Senior Member+

Quote:

Of course,sadly, it happens in all walks of life

Personally,I became aware of pedos when I was about 9yr old I regularly went to church where a priest had a unhealthy interest in the boys there.
He used to peck,cuddle some of them,the poser ones (thankfully not me).
I remember there was something about him that just didn't feel right and I told my gran about this once,she,a straight talking women of the world,told me about the dangers of folk who regard children as sexual objects but thankfully these grotesque perversions didn’t affect most folk.
As time has gone on I've become more and more aware of cases of abuse against children and have also become particularly skeptical about the sentencing and rehabilitation of these sort of offenders to the point I'd turn a blind eye to vigilantism .

Sexual activity between adults and kids remains one thing that a normal folk are not prepared to tolerate, and for that we can only be grateful (hence the thumbs up M,L).

password--Accyweb
Old 07-03-2015, 07:04   #928
Beacon of light

The thing is, adults know that what they are doing when they engage in sexual activity with children, is wrong on every level.
Some of those abusers will give the excuse that they were abused.
So, if they were abused they know exactly how bad it makes children feel about themselves.....and that it will affect the whole of their lives.
It may cause the child to commit suicide, and will certainly affect how the child makes relationships as an adult.

It is just plain wrong.
But it will continue until those in authority step up to the plate and root out all those in high places. Those who think they are above the law, above justice because they see themselves as justice....the judges, the police, the politicians, the mayors, the councillors.
Those who have been guilty of sexual abuse in the past. I don't care how old they are.
I don't care if they have gone to meet their maker. I want to know who they. The public deserve this, to know which of the leaders of the community were involved.
No more hiding their names....because by doing,so we disrespect their victims and stop them from getting closure.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:46   #929
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
and that makes it right?
Of course it doesn't make it right!
What a big man this person you knew, must have been......and his despicable friends for watching the girl be abused and humiliated in front of others.
It would be bad enough for it to happen in private, but that was unforgivable.

The situation will never be fixed until those in positions of authority/influence/power are rooted out and made to pay for their crimes against children.
Unfortunately these people are in the position of being able to destroy/lose evidence of their misdeeds.
Who said I said it was right? I am saying it is probably much more common than people like to admit!

This was when I/we was about 12 - 13 and he was same age, though the sister may have been few years younger than he and from what you would see as respectable family - with about 6 other kids there watching and most of them laughing! God knows what he did to her in private?

Last edited by kestrelx; 07-03-2015 at 12:52.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 13:49   #930

Are you saying you witnessed this?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..