Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2014, 09:35   #886
Beacon of light

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Being a gluten for punishment, I (mistakenly) asked Mrs explorer what she thought about sexual harassment/abuse as I jokingly pinched her bum (whilst allegedly "smiling") wrong move if ever I made one.

"I find it highly offensive that you can make light of such a subject" was her reply....I wasn't expecting that
She went on to tell me about a guy she use to work with who held a very high position in the company.
She said he always made snide/horrid comments when she walked past his office like "why don't you come in here and sit on my lap" Or "you look gorgeous today love, you have amazing legs".

She said at first she brushed it off but she eventually became tired of it because it was happening daily.She even said she had to walk a different way in a bid to avoid him. Apparently, he was well known for being like that but nobody said anything because of his rank in the company.
She went on to tell me how depressed this eventually made her and how she had to quit a well paid job leaving her in financial difficulty for a number of months......

.....Accyexplorer wonders how much it's going to cost to get back in the good books
So now you have an insight into the insidious harm that these events can cause.
The harm is long lasting and affect both mental and physical well being.
As for your last question.......well, only you know your wife(or thought you did).
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2014, 09:42   #887
I am Banned

Quote:
Being a gluten for punishment, I (mistakenly) asked Mrs explorer what she thought about sexual harassment/abuse as I jokingly pinched her bum (whilst allegedly "smiling") wrong move if ever I made one.

"I find it highly offensive that you can make light of such a subject" was her reply....I wasn't expecting that
She went on to tell me about a guy she use to work with who held a very high position in the company.
She said he always made snide/horrid comments when she walked past his office like "why don't you come in here and sit on my lap" Or "you look gorgeous today love, you have amazing legs".

.....Accyexplorer wonders how much it's going to cost to get back in the good books
Quite a few pubs in the area do gluten free choices on their menu's AccyX, take her out for Sunday lunch.
Accyexplorer likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 11:18   #888
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Quite a few pubs in the area do gluten free choices on their menu's AccyX, take her out for Sunday lunch.
One step closer to being in the pedant police D .....speaking of food, doctors say to maintain a healthy diet you should eat 5peices of fruit a day,I ate 5 mouldy plums and ended up having a bed accident....how's that healthy

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 11:39   #889
Beacon of light

Surely you noticed they were mouldy?
Why did you eat them? And five of them?
Consequences, a salutary lesson in consequences!
Old 28-09-2014, 11:55   #890
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I ate 5 mouldy plums
Just be thankful they were mouldy & not hairy, then you really would've been in bother!
Old 28-09-2014, 13:54   #891
I am Banned

Quote:
One step closer to being in the pedant police D .....speaking of food, doctors say to maintain a healthy diet you should eat 5peices of fruit a day,I ate 5 mouldy plums and ended up having a bed accident....how's that healthy
Plums AccyX???

and I had you pegged as a kumquat sorta' guy !!!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 17:00   #892
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Surely you noticed they were mouldy?
Why did you eat them? And five of them?
Consequences, a salutary lesson in consequences!
I was intoxicated and wanted to prove a point that just because they are old doesn't make them inedible...I was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just be thankful they were mouldy & not hairy, then you really would've been in bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Plums AccyX???

and I had you pegged as a kumquat sorta' guy !!!
Never heard of them,sound a bit iffy to me

password--Accyweb
Old 28-09-2014, 17:23   #893
Beacon of light

You have eyes, a nose and a mouth.......you look at something......if it looks alright, you smell it...... if it smells alright then you can try putting it in your mouth....but for goodness sake, if it tastes bad you don't swallow...you spit.

The above rules only apply to food.

Being inebriated is no excuse for anything.

As for Kumquats...they are quite pleasant...a bit like a tiny oval orange and you eat the whole lot...skin and flesh.
Old 28-09-2014, 17:31   #894
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Never heard of them,sound a bit iffy to me
Yet you'll eat mouldy plums? Barking!
Old 28-09-2014, 20:45   #895
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Drink is the feeble excuse i used many times when younger.
Old 28-09-2014, 21:03   #896
Beacon of light

I have never been so drunk that I didn't know what I was doing(I must not have tried hard enough).
Old 29-09-2014, 17:31   #897

Quote:
I have never been so drunk that I didn't know what I was doing(I must not have tried hard enough).
I would rather have a full bottle in front of me..............Than a full frontal lobotamy
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 17:35   #898
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Must try harder, summat i was told at school.
Old 29-09-2014, 23:18   #899
Senior Member+

Quote:

She said at first she brushed it off but she eventually became tired of it because it was happening daily.She even said she had to walk a different way in a bid to avoid him. Apparently, he was well known for being like that but nobody said anything because of his rank in the company.
She went on to tell me how depressed this eventually made her and how she had to quit a well paid job leaving her in financial difficulty for a number of months......

Join the Coeliac Society, they will provide all types of gluten free menus and listings of all eating establishments in the area that have gluten free meals
Old 30-09-2014, 05:51   #900
Senior Member+

Looks like cliffs had enough of Britain and is selling up.

Cliff Richard selling £3million penthouse after it was 'violated' by police raid - Mirror Online

DLT's sentence is to be reviewed after complaints it was too lenient.

Dave Lee Travis sentence to be reviewed - BBC News

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..