Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2014, 21:08   #766
Beacon of light

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Less, It is OK for him to call me M(as long as it is done with respect).......It is frequently how I sign myself....even family members call me M and someone recently asked me if my full name was Emily.
I have been called much worse.

I agree that it is easy to think someone is guilty because of the rumour mill....but until he is found guilty in a court of law he is innocent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2014, 21:15   #767
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, It is OK for him to call me M(as long as it is done with respect).......It is frequently how I sign myself....even family members call me M and someone recently asked me if my full name was Emily.
I have been called much worse.

I agree that it is easy to think someone is guilty because of the rumour mill....but until he is found guilty in a court of law he is innocent.
Well you have calmed down then, I can remember many people feeling the sharp edge of your tongue because they didn't address you in a manner to your suiting. What's happened has your Doctor changed your prescription?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 21:36   #768
Beacon of light

No Less...things have happened in my life to make me realise that there are bigger things to be concerned about.
I take no medications...well not prescribed ones anyway...for which I am truly thankful.
And you ought to know that I stay well away from the men in white coats (they might get the notion that I need putting away in a dark room with padding on the walls).
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 19-08-2014, 22:19   #769
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Two things,
1/ might I suggest you refrain from calling Margaret 'M'? IF, you value your life of course.
2/ just because you can decide someone is guilty without any solid evidence being placed before you does not make that person guilty.

As you have said above, these are rumours, rumours are not valid in any legal system.
Two things L,
1.Might I suggest you refrain from trying to stir the pot ( I've addressed Margaret as 'M' many times, I'm sure she would of said if this wasn't to her liking).
2.I'm aware of the definition of 'rumour' (and hersay).......

....'I HEAR' it was the BBC who informed the police about cliff, 'IF SO' the BBC must have got something on him ('ALLEGEDLY' his fans (and others) are saying that the BBC have done it out of spite ).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 19-08-2014 at 22:22.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 05:12   #770

Not trying to stir the pot, if I was, I would constantly post views that I can't substantiate and come to decisions about people working with absolutely no facts at all.
Fact 1 Margaret has on many previous occasions stated that she prefers to be called Margaret.
Fact 2 you may be aware of the definition of the term rumour, unfortunately you do not have the werewithall to refrain from blackening people's characters with absolutely no proof at all.
Be it a member of Royalty or some tedious has been celebrity.
I would love you to post something that actually takes into account actual proven fact, even if you can only manage to do it just once on here.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:05   #771
Beacon of light

Quote:
Not trying to stir the pot, if I was, I would constantly post views that I can't substantiate and come to decisions about people working with absolutely no facts at all.
Fact 1 Margaret has on many previous occasions stated that she prefers to be called Margaret.
Fact 2 you may be aware of the definition of the term rumour, unfortunately you do not have the werewithall to refrain from blackening people's characters with absolutely no proof at all.
Be it a member of Royalty or some tedious has been celebrity.
I would love you to post something that actually takes into account actual proven fact, even if you can only manage to do it just once on here.
Less, on those occasions when people called me by something other than Margaret, it was done in either a spiteful way or in a disrespectful manner.....and that is what created the problem for me.
Accyexplorer(to my knowledge) has not done this.....even if I have disagreed with him(and I have) his addressing of me has always been courteous.
Therein lies the difference.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:38   #772

Quote:
Less, on those occasions when people called me by something other than Margaret, it was done in either a spiteful way or in a disrespectful manner.....and that is what created the problem for me.
Accyexplorer(to my knowledge) has not done this.....even if I have disagreed with him(and I have) his addressing of me has always been courteous.
Therein lies the difference.
Fine Margaret, if you say so.

As usual you never cease to amaze me.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:50   #773
Senior Member+

Less,Whatever I've addressed Margaret as (be it Margaret,'M' or even baroness pilkington) it's always been with the upmost respect, hence why I assume your just trying to stir the pot.

As for Cliff, he's that far in with and the establishment, I doubt he will even be found guilty but in my eyes he's a wrong un.
Your right,obviously,I have no actual evidence of his guilt except what I have read on the internet (I know,that doesn't make him guilty (in the eyes of the law) ).

Anyway, If there was any dodgy things on his PC, then he would of had ample time to remove it. He has 'allegedly' known about the allegations for a while.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 20-08-2014 at 07:53.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:33   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Less,Whatever I've addressed Margaret as (be it Margaret,'M' or even baroness pilkington) it's always been with the upmost respect, hence why I assume your just trying to stir the pot.
Yet again you assume, therefore I must be guilty, just like the Royals and all celebrities, because you say so, not because you can prove so.

Quote:
As for Cliff, he's that far in with and the establishment, I doubt he will even be found guilty but in my eyes he's a wrong un.
Your right,obviously,I have no actual evidence of his guilt except what I have read on the internet (I know,that doesn't make him guilty (in the eyes of the law) ).
Perhaps he won't be found guilty, perhaps it won't even come to trial? Perhaps he actually is innocent? I don't know, but unlike you I won't slander him on site the way you and your 'no smoke without fire' ideology does.
Quote:

Anyway, If there was any dodgy things on his PC, then he would of had ample time to remove it. He has 'allegedly' known about the allegations for a while.
If there were dodgy things? Again because you assume he is guilty you assume he has a computer filled with what?

If he has known for a while, allegedly or not, it is not right for you to speculate in your own narrow, biased, fashion what may or may not be on his PC.

It would appear that it is alright in your mind to make up your own version of the truth and spread this poison over the web, but what if all the hurtful things you say are completely wrong and you are wrongly accusing an innocent person?

Will you come back on and issue a complete apology for any harm you may have caused? Of course not, because you don't think your doing any harm do you?

I hope your speculations about the man are wrong, they might not be, but you do seem to get a great deal of pleasure, (my speculation) from calling all those in the public eye wrong un's.
Old 20-08-2014, 10:08   #775
Beacon of light

Quote:
Fine Margaret, if you say so.

As usual you never cease to amaze me.
I hope I amaze you in a good way Less
Old 20-08-2014, 10:18   #776
Senior Member+

"If there were dodgy things? Again because you assume he is guilty you assume he has a computer filled with what?"

Lord knows what is/was in his home...however, I do believe these 'wrong un's' are similar to the likes of some killers,rapists etc in that they are incline to keep a trophy/souvenir.....so you never know he may of missed something in his 'assumed' clean up.

"If he has known for a while, allegedly or not, it is not right for you to speculate in your own narrow, biased, fashion what may or may not be on his PC."

I know,I really shouldn't speculate, to be honest I'm much more innocent until proven guilty than I was say pre Yewtree but that still doesn't change my thoughts about Cliff.

"It would appear that it is alright in your mind to make up your own version of the truth and spread this poison over the web, but what if all the hurtful things you say are completely wrong and you are wrongly accusing an innocent person?"

It's my kangaroo court mentality L, I hope my "poison" hasn't hurt you too much.If he's innocent I'll show my backside in the pound shop window.

"Will you come back on and issue a complete apology for any harm you may have caused?"
I Doubt I've caused any actual 'harm' L, I'll hold my hand up and say I 'seem' to have been wrong if that helps?.

"Of course not, because you don't think your doing any harm do you?"

Nope,not really, I'm just saying what I think and if it turns out I was wrong so be it.

"I hope your speculations about the man are wrong, they might not be, but you do seem to get a great deal of pleasure, (my speculation) from calling all those in the public eye wrong un's".

I hope I'm wrong too L, like I've said he was apart of my childhood I'm not calling all royals and all so called celebs wrong un's..... just some.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 20-08-2014 at 10:21.
Old 20-08-2014, 10:41   #777

Well I hope he is not only innocent but can prove it beyond a doubt to someone like you.
My main reason for wanting him to be innocent? Because then it would mean there are no victims, except of course for the man you and others like you are calling guilty before you have even the slightest bit of evidence to confirm such a thing.
As for his computer, does he have one? He could be P.C. illiterate for all I know. You of course know all of his personal details without having to investigate.
Seems to me you have an over fascination for this subject.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:32   #778
Beacon of light

I particularly like the thought that if he is innocent, then there can be no victim/s.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 20-08-2014, 13:10   #779

Re: Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
I particularly like the thought that if he is innocent, then there can be no victim/s.
I do wonder about people, why do they come down heavy on certain crimes/criminals/suspects of crime?

Is it because they are the result of having suffered this abuse? (In which case they have my deepest sympathy)

Or

Could it be they are fighting their inner demons and transferring guilt onto any likely suspect? (In which case we all have strange thoughts, don't give in to them and don't transfer your guilt onto some other easy target).
Old 20-08-2014, 14:31   #780
Senior Member+

I'm glad we've got that my comments are just assumptions and presumptions before law out the way, it was being to bore me
I'll be quite and wait to 'the truth comes out'

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..