Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2014, 08:42   #721

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

I doubt we'll be seeing Cliff in the UK anytime soon (thankfully!).
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2014, 08:45   #722
God Member

He usually stays in Portugal until the end of his grape harvest at the end of September, then returns to the Bahamas.

What's betting he returns early this year

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 12:16   #723
Senior Member+

I find it hard to believe its only regarding 'one' allegation given the Paedophilic circles he kept and places like EGH that he used to frequent.
Seems quite a few of these wrong un's have been knighted and the royals have surrounded themselves with sex offenders
How many more will it take to get caught before its plain to see that the connection between the royals and pedophilia is no accident?

It does seem that there are some folk in a very high places looking after these beasts......anyway I'll be quite (we know what happened to Jill dando).

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 13:10   #724
Senior Member+

We've heard the, "I'm innocent" from most who have later gone on to be found guilty and like the others Cliff seems to have a band of supporters behind him.
(If he is a wrong un) I assume there will be more victims coming forward in the near future (just like the others).
I can't help feeling robbed as most of these beasts were a part of my childhood

password--Accyweb
Old 15-08-2014, 14:43   #725
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I can't help feeling robbed as most of these beasts were a part of my childhood
I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I am a little concerned
Old 15-08-2014, 14:48   #726
Full Member+

Seems strange to me why it has taken most of these accusers so many years before complaining. Ok some are genuine but I cannot help feeling some have jumoed on the band wagon thinking they can make some money either out of compensation or from the media for the story.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 15:16   #727
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I'm really not sure what you mean by that but I am a little concerned
I bet a few were part of your childhood too Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Seems strange to me why it has taken most of these accusers so many years before complaining. Ok some are genuine but I cannot help feeling some have jumoed on the band wagon thinking they can make some money either out of compensation or from the media for the story.
I've said it before and I'll say it again R, 'celebrities' can be seen as soft targets and no doubt there will be some who jump on the compensation wagon.
It's not that strange when you look at the amount of accusers that where ignored or covered up by the police etc back in the day.its only recently they've been taken seriously and why so many have come out years after

password--Accyweb
Old 15-08-2014, 15:19   #728

Cliff is reportedly 'outraged' that he only heard about the police search of his flat after the press got to know. No doubt he'll be hot-footing it back to the UK to tidy up & make sure nothing is missing?
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 17:31   #729
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I bet a few were part of your childhood too Neil

I've said it before and I'll say it again R, 'celebrities' can be seen as soft targets and no doubt there will be some who jump on the compensation wagon.
It's not that strange when you look at the amount of accusers that where ignored or covered up by the police etc back in the day.its only recently they've been taken seriously and why so many have come out years after
I know someone who told his parents that he was being abused by an 'uncle'.....they did not believe this child.
This was many years ago(1950's). It was only after this 'uncles' death that it came out he had been molesting young children...both boys and girls.
This man has been adversely affected for all of his life because his parents could not believe that a family friend could do this to their son.

People do not always allege that these acts took place purely so that they can gain financially...but to achieve closure....this is important for their mental well being.

I do not know whether Cliff Richard did these things that he is being accused of, but I would hesitate to suggest that the person who has made the allegations is doing it for financial gain.
Once an allegation is made, then it has to be investigated....and while it is hard to substantiate what went on in the 1980's(any forensic evidence is long gone) if there is evidence that this popular singer has been doing things that show him in a different light, then he must face justice.

Many influential people(both past and present) appear to think that the law is there to protect them and hide their transgressions, rather than to bring them to justice.
Or is it only me who thinks this way?

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-08-2014 at 17:36.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 18:18   #730
Senior Member+

I know of a similar scenario where not only did the parents of the child being abused not believe her but her parents told her not to mention it (to anyone) again because it would bring shame to the family.
She was abused by her grandfather and a co defendant.
This also left her with social issues and half a lifetime of feeling like she was in some way to blame for what happened.
(Luckly) The co defendant was killed in a motorbike accident and it all came out due to him abusing another member of said family. She told her story eventually but the grandfather walked free due to being too ill for prison (absolute joke IMO).

I can only hope she found some sort of closure speaking about what happened and through one of the 'beasts' dying.

As for cliff, hmmmm

password--Accyweb
Old 15-08-2014, 19:06   #731
Beacon of light

You are right about children thinking that in some way they are to blame for what happened......and if they do mention what happened and are not believed, then they 'compartmentalise' the abuse. This is a coping mechanism. Then years later the reaction to the abuse arises.....but who is going to believe them after so many years have elapsed??
Old 15-08-2014, 22:54   #732
Senior Member+

There you go again with the LW's M , Personally, I like to think no one could/would make up a story about being abused (but I live in the real world).
I read on average victims of abuse only tend to gain the confidence to share their experience 20yrs after the abuse stops

password--Accyweb
Old 16-08-2014, 02:05   #733
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
A large amount of material? Probably all his unsold records AccyX

Serious note: As ever the raid was leaked to the press, they even had time to charter a helicopter. Still I guess the Mail and it's ilk have made a donation to the Police Widows and Orphans Fund by way of a thank you.
Me a grumpy old cynic....naah
I agree D,a police investigation into allegations against anybody should be conducted in a professional manner and tipping off the media when no charges have been brought is not very professional.
What exactly made this raid worthy of tipping off the press anyway compared with say the raids on the properties of the Labour and Conservatives Lords which occurred earlier this year?
Why was this allegation deemed worthy of such a raid compared with the even more numerous allegations made against certain politicians which have sparked little or no police action? Hmmm
The concept of equality under the law seems to have been eroded nowadays
I hear more victims/accusers have now come forward....
...I wonder what cliff will have to say now

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 16-08-2014 at 02:13.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:53   #734
Beacon of light

Was it just the Mail carrying this story?
No.....all the populist papers had this story on their front pages.
Would you prefer that this had been 'hidden'?
Isn't the hiding of hideous offences against children what got us here in the first place.
In the social media there has (allegedly)been speculation about this for quite some time.

I would ask you...if your son or daughter had been molested by someone(anyone.....not just someone in the public gaze) wouldn't you be wanting them to be brought book??
You do not need to answer that last question because I can guess at your answer.

The other thing is, when a child/adolescent has been abused there are usually others out there who have also had the attention of these perverts......they feel very alone and isolated.....they feel that they must be the only person alive to have gone through this horrible event. Hearing the news that there are more like you gives you the courage to stand up and say 'he did this to me too'.
It isn't a case of jumping on the bandwagon...for notoriety or cash.....the experience was humiliating and having to stand up and tell someone about it is to relive the humiliation and disgust of yourself all over again.....and then to have people say that you are doing it for money. That must be really distressing.

The Police, the judiciary, the people who govern this country have all been shown to have feet of clay...to have behaved badly. The media are not without their flaws either.

To fetter the news media is to give these people(who all need to realise they are scrutinised) a free reign to do as they please.
Is that what you want?
Aussie Irene likes this.
Old 16-08-2014, 07:29   #735
Beacon of light

Those who are in power seek to stay in power. They feel they are above us, and they want us to believe what they tell us. They want to tell us what they deign to be good for us.
They would hide their unsavoury predilections for small children.
Who will stand against them and protect the children.....even when they are no longer children?

And to Jason....sorry if there are too many long words.
I have a very battered and dogeared dictionary....I am trying to extend your education here

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 16-08-2014 at 07:31.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..