Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 09:53   #661
Full Member+

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Nope, here you go again, just a (provocative) comment, No real input

Anyway, Max's antics have caught up with him, he could appeal but there's always a chance he could get longer.
Hopefully, with more of his 'victims' coming forward he won't see the light of day again and I know they do segregate what's known in prisons as "beasts", accidents can (and hopefully will) happen.

For anyone interested here's the "sentencing remarks"
http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resource...v-clifford.pdf
I think Clifford may be aware that when Stuart Hall appealed his sentence was increased. Wonder if he's a gambling man?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:24   #662
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I think Clifford may be aware that when Stuart Hall appealed his sentence was increased. Wonder if he's a gambling man?
Who knows, if max is struggling (which I doubt) maybe Simon cowell (who moves in them sort of circles) will cover the legal fees for him?
Simon's shame | Mail Online

Very strange behaviour, if I do say so myself

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 02:27   #663
Senior Member+

I know Rolf Harris hasn't been found guilty of anything (yet).And I know a man is innocent until proven guilty? I also comprehend 'celebrities' can be seen as soft targets - especially when all the accusations are so old and there's money to be made from falsifying them.but I personally think he's guilty.
Rolf Harris admits secret affair shows his darker side in cross-examination | UK news | The Guardian

I can't believe he sang jake the peg in court,mind you, I don't think two little boys would of gone down any better (by "gone down".. i mean as in appreciated by the audience).
I suppose it could of been worse and he could of sang his own version of Divinyls - I Touch Myself

password--Accyweb
Old 29-05-2014, 08:27   #664
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
'celebrities' can be seen as soft targets
Quite so it appears, in truth the common consensus is that the rot is deeper, darker & goes further up the food chain than is being allowed to be broadcast! Certain political figures have been cited as involved/present but not brought to task. The system reeks of cronyism & cover up, so for those reasons alone the whole truth & depth of the depravity & indulgence will never be exposed.

In the mean time, the populace will be thrown the comforting crumbs of a few has-beens up for public exhibition & reviling, this pitiful charade all a part of the appeasement to throw the baying hounds off the blood trail of the higher placed degenerates.
Old 29-05-2014, 13:40   #665
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite so it appears, in truth the common consensus is that the rot is deeper, darker & goes further up the food chain than is being allowed to be broadcast! Certain political figures have been cited as involved/present but not brought to task. The system reeks of cronyism & cover up, so for those reasons alone the whole truth & depth of the depravity & indulgence will never be exposed.

In the mean time, the populace will be thrown the comforting crumbs of a few has-beens up for public exhibition & reviling, this pitiful charade all a part of the appeasement to throw the baying hounds off the blood trail of the higher placed degenerates.
Thats certainly nailed it Dave, anyone wi n ounce of sense knows thats the case.
Old 29-05-2014, 13:55   #666
Beacon of light

Yes, the situation in the liberal party with Cyril Smith is a prime example...and there is nothing to suggest that there are not men with the same predilection in the other parties.
It certainly is no 'crumb of comfort' to think that these celebrities are being pursued so that others might be ignored and get away with it.
There have to be some very influential men, both in the police and the judiciary who have been complicit in keeping secret the details of other cases which have not yet been made public.
It is hoped that a few more stones are turned over, so that the creeps can be seen in the full light of day...and maybe brought to book.
I won't hold my breath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 14:32   #667
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems to me it comes in the public domain when people high up or wi honours etc are dead not before, or is that me being cynical again?
Old 29-05-2014, 14:50   #668
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Yes, it's you being cynical but no doubt accurate at the same time.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:52   #669
Senior Member+

Regarding the Jimmy savile issue.
I remember when the Savile case came into the light of the mainstream media there was a few videos unearthed on youtube of the comedian Jerry sadowitz who did comedy stand up about Savile being a "wrong un" in the late 1980 (most have been removed now...hmmm)
Warning: The link contains audio some viewers may find disturbing/offensive
Jerry Sadowitz called it way back in 1987 on Vimeo

password--Accyweb
Old 04-06-2014, 17:09   #670
Senior Member+

Also a report into childabuse at a school in Rochdale was suppressed:

BBC News - Knowl View: Report into abuse at Rochdale school 'suppressed'

I bet Saville attended there?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 00:04   #671
Senior Member+

(Old news but) Gary Glitter has been charged with eight counts of sexual offences against (young) girls.Im only just getting over him taking his laptop into PC world with (sick) unsavoury material on it.
BBC News - Gary Glitter charged with sex offences

(To me) It sound like they've jumped on the old band wagon, knowing he is already a convicted beast, lets see if we can get him sent to jail (I suppose it would help protect future victims).
Anyway, I certainly don't wanna be in his (filthy) gang

password--Accyweb
Old 07-06-2014, 10:30   #672
Full Member+

So, they're recycling old Gaddy again. The old perv must have a 'to do' tray on standby at the police station. He deserves to be hounded everywhere he goes, people like Glitter (aka Paul Gadd) don't actually feel they've done anything wrong, they're not wired up right. He always looks sorry for himself when they cart him off to the nick, I bet he doesn't give a second thought to the damage he's caused over the years. He and all the other perverts should be locked out of society permanently as they'll always be a danger to kids.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 26-06-2014, 12:50   #673
Full Member+

Just watching the Savile enquiry outcome on the news today and it seems he wasn't content molesting people with a pulse, he was fiddling with dead bodies in the mortuary. You couldn't dream it up, what an absolute freak.
Old 26-06-2014, 16:50   #674
Senior Member+

Another case where the elite close down the ranks to limit responsibility, there's only one reason they do that and that's because their all in it together, from the royals to the MPs and even senior ruddy police officers.
The sooner folk realise that we are living in a country that's run by a cartel of political parties, the better.

password--Accyweb
Old 26-06-2014, 18:21   #675
Full Member+

Tip of the iceberg. There will be plenty more under the radar, depends on how powerful you are.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..