Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 20:16   #1
Senior Member+

X Factor 2010 Live Finals

There was a previous thread on the X Factor back in August, but it seems right to start a new thread to discuss the remaining acts in the final.

Best performances last night were from Aiden, Mary and Treyc.

As for the acts that will get to the final, there is only one act guaranteed on the basis of the voting patterns of the great British public, and that is One Direction. They have the Eoghain Quigg/George Sampson cuteness factor that grandmas, mums and adolescent teenagers love. They will be in the final.

As for the other two places, it will depend how Aiden, Matt, Rebecca, Cher and Treyc do in the coming weeks. Aiden looks a bit too much like last years winner, but he is probably the best of the bunch.

My predictions for the final 3 are Aiden, Rebecca and One Direction.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2010, 20:26   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: X Factor 2010 Live Finals

Love Rebecca.

Would have been happy to see any of Louis's acts go, except for Mary.

Looks like the British public say a big no-no, to anything Ga-ga-esque, with Katie and Nicolo in the bottom few.

Thought last night's show was great.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 17:09   #3
Senior Member+

I think Simon Cowell dropped a hint why they didn't keep Gamu, he said something like "I'm sick of seeing sweet 18 year olds singing soppy songs!" Not exactly what he said but I know what he meant and was hinting at. They want people like Katie prepared to dress weird, even though she forgot her words at two auditions and Cher because she has something rock n' roll about her - that's why they put Gamu out. Because they don't want some kid singing "sweet songs!" Bla bla instead they got a 28 year old male singing hi-pitched! = Matt! singing Sweet songs!

Last edited by kestrelx; 14-10-2010 at 17:12.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 17:44   #4
Resting in Peace

Whats X Fator
Old 14-10-2010, 18:05   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Love Rebecca.

Would have been happy to see any of Louis's acts go, except for Mary.

Looks like the British public say a big no-no, to anything Ga-ga-esque, with Katie and Nicolo in the bottom few.

Thought last night's show was great.
I reckon Cher has the X-factor ( X-factor Jay Say is supposed to be talent and ability to perform and be famous bla! bla! ) over all the others, not that I fancy her - I just think she comes across like she's got the potential to be a great performer.
Old 14-10-2010, 18:23   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I reckon Cher has the X-factor ( X-factor Jay Say is supposed to be talent and ability to perform and be famous bla! bla! ) over all the others, not that I fancy her - I just think she comes across like she's got the potential to be a great performer.
Ohhhh give me Mastermind or Eggheads anytime
Old 14-10-2010, 23:02   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ohhhh give me Mastermind or Eggheads anytime
Well maybe the X-factor is fixed? Just like the general election
Old 15-10-2010, 08:56   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well maybe the X-factor is fixed? Just like the general election
This is Britain not China or North Korea
Old 15-10-2010, 09:18   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
This is Britain not China or North Korea
Yeh maybee? I didn't vote for the Politician who is the MP in my constituency, yet why doesn't my vote count?

As far as the X-factor goes this year may be the last one? Or at least it may be the last one that ends at Christmas, it may be moved earlier in the year - as apparently next year Simon Cowell is to launch American X-factor in the winter period!

ITV scotches 'last X Factor' claims | News | Broadcast

"All in all your just another brick in the wall!"
Old 15-10-2010, 09:46   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh maybee? I didn't vote for the Politician who is the MP in my constituency, yet why doesn't my vote count?

As far as the X-factor goes this year may be the last one? Or at least it may be the last one that ends at Christmas, it may be moved earlier in the year - as apparently next year Simon Cowell is to launch American X-factor in the winter period!

ITV scotches 'last X Factor' claims | News | Broadcast

"All in all your just another brick in the wall!"
The walls not high enough
Old 17-10-2010, 09:03   #11
Senior Member+

Well what did everyone think of last night? I think One Direction are crap, but all the young girls like them.
I think Katie and One Direction to be booted tonight, Aiden struggled with his song but he is a good singer usually!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 19:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Well what did everyone think of last night? I think One Direction are crap, but all the young girls like them.
I think Katie and One Direction to be booted tonight, Aiden struggled with his song but he is a good singer usually!
Cher aint' as good as I first thought - best vocal performance was Mary out of the lot, worst I think was Wagner and Aiden. Katie's growing on me. Hard to tell who'll win.
Old 18-10-2010, 06:28   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cher aint' as good as I first thought - best vocal performance was Mary out of the lot, worst I think was Wagner and Aiden. Katie's growing on me. Hard to tell who'll win.

Yeah I agree with your comment on Cher, she needs to pull out a good song to get people back on her side. Mary has always been my fave but needs to do a modern song this week and also John Adeleye has also impressed me so either of them to win!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 06:53   #14
Senior Member+

Glad to see Diva Fever go as they were starting to irritate me in a Jedward sort of way.

Aiden was disappointing, but hopefully it was just a glitch and he will get better. Mary is great but doesnt have the sort of image needed to win this competition.

I think One Direction are going to win. They aren't the best act, but everyone seems to love them.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 07:29   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Glad to see Diva Fever go as they were starting to irritate me in a Jedward sort of way.

Aiden was disappointing, but hopefully it was just a glitch and he will get better. Mary is great but doesnt have the sort of image needed to win this competition.

I think One Direction are going to win. They aren't the best act, but everyone seems to love them.
Mary singing James Brown's This is a Man's World was inspired.

Singing Dusty, she was just a good karaoke act.

Being given the right song is so important. As Aiden's terrible Jealous Guy proved.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..