Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 18:07   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Just fed up of a small minority of members continually whinging about this, that and the other on Accyweb.

If you dislike this forum so much, go and join another one. Simple as.
That's what makes accy web, and I disagree its not a small minority winging about this that and t'other its the majority.

Just because you quoted me and you quote "if you dislike this forum" I have never said I dislike this forum.
Old 02-05-2012, 18:38   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
That's what makes accy web, and I disagree its not a small minority winging about this that and t'other its the majority.

Just because you quoted me and you quote "if you dislike this forum" I have never said I dislike this forum.
The majority of people on here may whinge about the government, the council, the weather and a variety of other things. They don't whinge about Accyweb - if they were so unhappy with it, they just wouldn't come on here. The whinging about the forum, its members, its karma system etc comes from a small minority like you, Kestrel X and one or two others who feel that Accyweb should change to suit you.

Well, tough, Accyweb isn't going to change, it's going to carry on just the way it is - as one of the most successful local forums in the area. If you can't accept that, go join Blackburnweb!
Old 02-05-2012, 18:39   #78
Beacon of light

so you consider the majority of the members to be whingers...have I got that right?
Why would you visit a site where you considered the majority of the posters to be whingers?
I'm not being fly...I am just interested in your response.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 18:41   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The majority of people on here may whinge about the government, the council, the weather and a variety of other things. They don't whinge about Accyweb - if they were so unhappy with it, they just wouldn't come on here. The whinging about the forum, its members, its karma system etc comes from a small minority like you, Kestrel X and one or two others who feel that Accyweb should change to suit you.

Well, tough, Accyweb isn't going to change, it's going to carry on just the way it is - as one of the most successful local forums in the area. If you can't accept that, go join Blackburnweb!
Sod of Wyn Southampton web would be better
Old 02-05-2012, 18:43   #80
Beacon of light

I don't think the forum members are whingers...but of course you are entitled to that opinion.
I come to Accyweb because it is the best forum bar none. I don't always agree with what other people post, but I recognise that this world is full of opinions that don't coincide with mine.......I can live with that....and I can accept that though I may not agree with an opinion of another poster...they are entitled to have that opinion.

It would be a very boring old world if we all subscribed to the same views.
Old 02-05-2012, 18:51   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Some just sulk if there viewpoint is disagreed wi, Well tough titty.
Old 02-05-2012, 18:55   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just fed up of a small minority of members continually whinging about this, that and the other on Accyweb.

If you dislike this forum so much, go and join another one. Simple as.
You original quote - winging about this, that and t'other ON Accyweb.

Quote:

Note the smiley face.

Quote:

I see you agree, did I mention winging about Accyweb? Can you show me a winging post about either of the above that I have posted? When have I said I want Accyweb to change to suit me.

To be honest Accyweb is a quiet forum, I do frequent a good few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
so you consider the majority of the members to be whingers...have I got that right?
Why would you visit a site where you considered the majority of the posters to be whingers?
I'm not being fly...I am just interested in your response.
I see you also missed the smiley face, but yes a good lot of people moan, winge, ect including myself its what makes a forum.

I visit Accyweb because I wish to not by force, I didn't say I don't like wingers.
Old 02-05-2012, 19:01   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Note the smiley face.

I see you agree, did I mention winging about Accyweb? Can you show me a winging post about either of the above that I have posted? When have I said I want Accyweb to change to suit me.

I see you also missed the smiley face, but yes a good lot of people moan, winge, ect including myself its what makes a forum.

I visit Accyweb because I wish to not by force, I didn't say I don't like wingers.
Wingers Stanley have a couple of them
Old 02-05-2012, 19:14   #84
Beacon of light

Hmmm....a smiley face. That is (in my book) something that you add to the mix when you have said something you think will not go down too well. And(again - in my book) it never moderates the sentiments expressed. Yes...I know, I am a cynical old burger. I make no apologies for this...it has taken me a long time to get to this stage of cynicism.
Old 02-05-2012, 19:20   #85
Super Moderator

Quote:

Note the smiley face.

Here we go again - more word twisting and pendantry. You know perfectly well that I was talking about people whinging about this, that and the other concerning the subject of Accyweb, its members, karma system etc, but you deliberately chose to misinterpret it. No matter.

As for YOU not whinging about Accyweb members and its karma system, let's look at a recent quote of yours...

Yes the usual characters are out with the insults as usual, all be it in the own cleaver little way scoring that extra Karma from there Karma buddies or fellow members of the Click.

Wonder why we dont see many new members posting anymore

Hmmm...seems pretty critical to me.

Incidentally, as you seem to be an expert on the subject of "wingers" could you suggest a few names that I could pass them on to our manager for next season?
Old 02-05-2012, 19:27   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:

The issue is that I have seen some newcomers post here and instantly the dogs are out (Less, Jaysay, Cashman) who's remarks drive any newcomers away, unless they have a thick skin- so yes it's true the topic of this thread is fact.

There always seems to be the same names posting regularly and no new names seem to join in.
If the truth hurts then so be it!

Last edited by kestrelx; 02-05-2012 at 19:32.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 19:39   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The issue is that I have seen some newcomers post here and instantly the dogs are out (Less, Jaysay, Cashman) who's remarks drive any newcomers away, unless they have a thick skin- so yes it's true the topic of this thread is fact.

There always seems to be the same names posting regularly and no new names seem to join in.
I just noticed this...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post988875

A new comer deleted his only post! lol
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 19:40   #88
Super Moderator

Quote:

The only time "the dogs are out" are you put it, is when somebody arrives on here and deliberately tries to make a name for themselves by being controversial or lecturing us on how Accyweb should be run.

As for "the truth hurting", it doesn't hurt anybody on here. You're obviously not happy with Accyweb, but it's not going to change just for the sake of you and a few others, so go find another forum that suits your needs.
Old 02-05-2012, 19:50   #89
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just noticed this...

The guy's a Crawley fan. He's actually made four posts (although you obviously can't count) asking about our team and places to eat and drink when he comes up on Saturday. He's been responded to in a friendly fashion, along with a little bit of banter, and doubtless he will post again.

Try again...
Old 02-05-2012, 19:59   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just noticed this...

This guy who Kestrelx reckons has "deleted his only post" has just posted this:

Nice replies guys .
It's nice to mix humour with football. Too many forget to do that.

Doubtless, the "heavy mob" will be along to rough him up shortly!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..