Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Are registered members frightening?

perhaps I could have "reincarnated as a spambot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep thats the way its done, Meself when i croak i would prefer "Gone To Hell"
Old 04-05-2012, 07:29   #137
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh ... I forgot ... there is a clique ... The Fellowship of The Hat Right now, it's only me (I know, Susie, it should be "I"; but that sounds two clumbsy) and DaveinGermany who are members. It's open to anyone who has been hammered in The Hat. And for the month of May, those who have driven by The Hat, or flown over it, are invited to apply for membership. Have a nice day, eh.
I would love to be a member of that clique, but I don't have any relevant qualifications - well, other than having read about it....I don't suppose that counts...does it?(I don't eat very much, am relatively quiet and mostly courteous).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
hope u dont count me in that(my recent dig at you) because I have been a part of this site(just not with this user and sometimes not signing it) just as long as you. I signed around the same time as my friend Ernie(RIP Ern wish u was still here)
I wondered where Ernie had gone Restless, he used to do the site quiz everyday and he suddenly stopped, nobody mentioned he had passed away as I can remember, but that's very sad
Old 04-05-2012, 08:24   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There was me thinking ya were already there
Old 04-05-2012, 13:29   #140
God Member

Quote:
That's 'cause you've been told more than enough times
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 14:37   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I have not been here as much as I ordinarily would be.
I found the drug threads and the acrimony they provoked really tiresome........and I didn't want to read all that stuff. I did try to avoid it, but found comments relating to these threads seeping into totally unrelated subjects.
And to hear long term members who have been regular contributors called the 'three stooges'....in a way that is not only derogatory, but insulting too....well to put no fine point on it, it wasn't pleasant visiting the site...so I didn't.
I accept that folk are entitled to their opninions and rightly so, but I don't want to find those opinions ranted about in every other post.

And if that sounds petty it isn't meant to be. I just tell it like it appears to me...my own view.
I haven't been on as much either Margaret for several months but for other reasons so i may have missed a lot of the acrimony as I'd already decided to steer well clear from the "drugs" threads -certainly didn't catch the three stooges Nastiness just for the sake of it is always unpleasant - have the mods not had anything to say on the whole subject? Sorry to hear it has put you off posting and I hope the same isn't true for others or the bullies will be getting what they want and that is wrong.

As to certain members bringing "drugs and acrimony" into lots of unrelated topics I have noticed that and i don't think it's petty to express your dislike. The only thing to do is to ignore it and carry on with the main discussion -I see Davemac's point of view too and understand that it is getting to him but just don't add fuel to their fire by replying or showing that it bugs you -that's the best way to treat kiddies having tantrums!

They'll get fed-up and go away when they don't get any attention(hopefully).

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 17:13   #142
Senior Member+

I had posted a thread about it at the time. Gremlin knew Ernie personally and didn't know he had died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wondered where Ernie had gone Restless, he used to do the site quiz everyday and he suddenly stopped, nobody mentioned he had passed away as I can remember, but that's very sad
Old 04-05-2012, 17:58   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I had posted a thread about it at the time. Gremlin knew Ernie personally and didn't know he had died.
I must have missed that Restless, could have been in hospital or something, because its rarely I miss things like that
Old 04-05-2012, 18:03   #144
Senior Member+

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ton-50552.html here it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I must have missed that Restless, could have been in hospital or something, because its rarely I miss things like that
Old 04-05-2012, 18:27   #145
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya Restless thought there was a reason went into hospital on the 19 11 09, came out on 7 12 09, That's why I didn't see it
Old 04-05-2012, 19:38   #146
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh ... I forgot ... there is a clique ... The Fellowship of The Hat Right now, it's only me (I know, Susie, it should be "I"; but that sounds two clumbsy) and DaveinGermany who are members. It's open to anyone who has been hammered in The Hat. And for the month of May, those who have driven by The Hat, or flown over it, are invited to apply for membership. Have a nice day, eh.
The fellowship of the Hat, Eh ! We tread were man feareth the darkness, but from the darkness comes forth light & enlightenment. We fear naught (well maybe a dry tap) but the quest continueth from the bottle. Deeper into the Stygian gloom of the "Bin" ever onwards for renown & eminence (& to get a good table near the bar with a good view of the stage )

A truly noble & worthy cause, most meritorious of those who try.
Old 04-05-2012, 21:10   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The fellowship of the Hat, Eh ! We tread were man feareth the darkness, but from the darkness comes forth light & enlightenment. We fear naught (well maybe a dry tap) but the quest continueth from the bottle. Deeper into the Stygian gloom of the "Bin" ever onwards for renown & eminence (& to get a good table near the bar with a good view of the stage )

A truly noble & worthy cause, most meritorious of those who try.

Er, what!
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 21:24   #148
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Er, what!
I think you now know (or as jaysay would put it, no no) the answer to your question, Are registered members frightening?
Is YES.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 21:40   #149
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Er, what!
We're talking a time & place far distant from our own & the present day. You wouldn't know man, you weren't there !

for an inkling into this World take a nose at :-

Canada, Troops & training. - Accrington Web

Bad Medicine at Medicine Hat. - Accrington Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think you now know (or as jaysay would put it, no no) the answer to your question, Are registered members frightening?
Is YES.
Deep perhaps, or even quite weighty, but I wouldn't say frightening.
Old 04-05-2012, 21:52   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
We're talking a time & place far distant from our own & the present day. You wouldn't know man, you weren't there !

for an inkling into this World take a nose at :-

Canada, Troops & training. - Accrington Web

Bad Medicine at Medicine Hat. - Accrington Web

Deep perhaps, or even quite weighty, but I wouldn't say frightening.
Its a world I know nothing about, I couldnt even join the brownies
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..