Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 21:53   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think you now know (or as jaysay would put it, no no) the answer to your question, Are registered members frightening?
Is YES.
I think the consensus is yes, registered members are frightening, but what percentage?
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2012, 21:55   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I think the consensus is yes, registered members are frightening, but what percentage?
I disagree,what consensus?
Old 04-05-2012, 22:01   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I disagree,what consensus?
You were sent the form, if you did not fill it in, and send it back then your vote will not count. The lesson is you have to be in it to win it.
Old 04-05-2012, 22:13   #154
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You were sent the form, if you did not fill it in, and send it back then your vote will not count. The lesson is you have to be in it to win it.
Sorry i had another vote to cast today, musta slipped me mind.
Old 04-05-2012, 22:42   #155
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I couldnt even join the brownies
Vicious little thugs them, demanding money with menace !
Old 04-05-2012, 22:45   #156
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Traditionally, 95% can be the only percentage here on AccyWeb.

Though I'm willing to have a good old thread wandering argument with those weirdo's that make up the other 5.5% let's face it, they are totally wrong!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 00:57   #157
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The fellowship of the Hat, Eh ! We tread were man feareth the darkness, but from the darkness comes forth light & enlightenment. We fear naught (well maybe a dry tap) but the quest continueth from the bottle. Deeper into the Stygian gloom of the "Bin" ever onwards for renown & eminence (& to get a good table near the bar with a good view of the stage )

A truly noble & worthy cause, most meritorious of those who try.
Amen brother ... and it looks like this will be a select group. Thousands are anxious to join ... well, a couple of folks expressed interest, but had been nowhere near The Hat ("I've been to Canada", or "I had a friend whose rental broke down in Speedy Creek" isn't good enough.)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Traditionally, 95% can be the only percentage here on AccyWeb.

Though I'm willing to have a good old thread wandering argument with those weirdo's that make up the other 5.5% let's face it, they are totally wrong!
5.5% un yes I see where your coming from Less
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45   #159
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Amen brother ... and it looks like this will be a select group. Thousands are anxious to join ... well, a couple of folks expressed interest, but had been nowhere near The Hat ("I've been to Canada", or "I had a friend whose rental broke down in Speedy Creek" isn't good enough.)
Yes, many are called, but alas, fall short ! The qualifications required, while not strenuous, are it seems beyond the majority. Shall it be then, that we as a fellowship are destined to remain a highly desirable aspiration, but sorely lacking in new acolytes ? It appears so !

(Just means more Beer for the brethren )

And we don't frighten anybody, what with us being most convivial in our doings.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Vicious little thugs them, demanding money with menace !
It was the costume I couldnt fit it, it was only last Tuesday!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:55   #161
Senior Member+

So to get back on thread subject, are registered members frightening off the guests from joining, or as has been suggested certain factions are intimidating new members and by default, potential new members.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:59   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So to get back on thread subject, are registered members frightening off the guests from joining, or as has been suggested certain factions are intimidating new members and by default, potential new members.
Neither in my opinion, Stuff happens every now n then, People come n go, its called life, Seen stuff like this a few times oer the years, Makes no difference AccyWeb will continue regardless.
Old 06-05-2012, 13:06   #163
Beacon of light

It is only my opinion, but the answer from me would have to be 'no'.
I'm pretty sure that many potential members sit on the sidelines watching the 'flow'.....surely they can make up their minds before they jump in....and the fact that many do jump in and post interesting stuff is a testament to this.
We all know who the 'grumpy burgers' on the site are...it is a bit like a microcosm of real life...you meet people you like a bit, you meet people you like a lot....you meet people you couldn't give a rusty nut for and then there are the rest....you take them in your stride.
Anyone who isn't adult enough to be able to deal with it, needs to live a bit and come back when they feel they have developed enough coping strategies to let any perceived arrows go right over their heads.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 14:59   #164
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Perhaps it's the wrong question?

Could it just be that the guests are happy to be just that, guests? I have a few friends that regularly read but never post.

Perhaps the people that join, come across the site find it interesting and jump straight in?

Maybe some are put off? Maybe some are encouraged to join because of the way the members join together to discourage the idiots rather than allow them to take control?
We seem to get the really strange ones turning up about once every three months, (or in my case daily), it's not often they come in pairs, we even have some members go out of their way to encourage the fools to post more, these members usually hide behind such terms as being fair or freedom of speech.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 15:20   #165
God Member

Quote:
We seem to get the really strange ones turning up about once every three months, (or in my case daily), it's not often they come in pairs, we even have some members go out of their way to encourage the fools to post more, these members usually hide behind such terms as being fair or freedom of speech.
I have noticed this also, I always wonder if it's the same person reinventing themselves -or would that not be possible?

When I posted from my mum's computer in Tenerife recently she got a message pretty quickly asking her if she had opened two profiles!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..