Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 20:20   #211
Resting In Peace

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Dave, see my post 46 for why I joined and what happened when I did.
Old 07-05-2012, 21:50   #212
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Dave, see my post 46 for why I joined and what happened when I did.

I just went back and re-read a few from that period, I did read them at the time, but we are at post 212, and you do tend to forget a bit, well I do. Anyway point taken.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 21:58   #213
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
I joined because I live abroad and wanted to find old friends.
Yes I read for a while, tried for ages to post a thread(without success until helped by moderator)
Forgot-so rude of me- to introduce myself so didn't get a welcome, but the Golden 'Oldies' Jaysay, Cashman and Margaret answered some of my posts and I soon felt at home.

Ok do I get a prize for answering?
Yes you do, you get the top prize of a week for two in Sicily, Thats in Italy, you will fly from Glasgow airport tomorrow morning at 7am, if you do not turn up there will be a handling charge of £100.00p, enjoy.

The newest members are those that signed up after 1946, prior to this you are classed as a senior member. This seniority entitles the members to full use of Accy Web's commode
Old 08-05-2012, 09:14   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I was expecting it to turn into that once Jay quoted me, even when he copies and pastes his keyboard takes command and changes the spelling.
My keyboard is a member of the Fire Extinguishers clan, that's why
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15   #215
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I think they just lack the vocabulary to swear properly, any suggestions ?
There's no Fing and Jefing on here mate
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16   #216
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
What's a plonker, please? Is it the same as gentleman, cos' Jaysay is!!!
Oh thank you Sue
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24   #217
Resting in Peace

Quote:
To get back on topic for a moment, I would be interested in what motivated the newest members on here to join.

So if I may could I pose a few questions;

What made you want to join.

Did you read the site for a while before joining.

Were you frightened by the registered members, to quote the thread title.
The site was recommended to me, didn't use it much at first in the first 18 months made less than 200 posts, then there was a glitch when I swapped to Broadband in 2007 and I couldn't use my account for nearly 12 months, until Willow helped sort out the problem, in the mean time I joined a few local sits Burnley Blackburn etc and seemed to get the swing of things and since then AccyWeb is now my religion, must visit at least twice a dayAs for being frightened of registered members shucks no they're all pussy cats really
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The site was recommended to me, didn't use it much at first in the first 18 months made less than 200 posts, then there was a glitch when I swapped to Broadband in 2007 and I couldn't use my account for nearly 12 months, until Willow helped sort out the problem, in the mean time I joined a few local sits Burnley Blackburn etc and seemed to get the swing of things and since then AccyWeb is now my religion, must visit at least twice a dayAs for being frightened of registered members shucks no they're all pussy cats really
All Pussy Cats except Less that is
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26   #219
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes you do, you get the top prize of a week for two in Sicily, Thats in Italy, you will fly from Glasgow airport tomorrow morning at 7am, if you do not turn up there will be a handling charge of £100.00p, enjoy.

The newest members are those that signed up after 1946, prior to this you are classed as a senior member. This seniority entitles the members to full use of Accy Web's commode
Phew was nearly caught short there
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29   #220
Resting in Peace

Quote:
the site was recommended to me, didn't use it much at first in the first 18 months made less than 200 posts, then there was a glitch when i swapped to broadband in 2007 and i couldn't use my account for nearly 12 months, until willow helped sort out the problem, in the mean time i joined a few local sits burnley blackburn etc and seemed to get the swing of things and since then accyweb is now my religion, must visit at least twice a day:das for being frightened of registered members shucks no they're all pussy cats really
me how?:d

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02   #221
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
All Pussy Cats except Less that is
Hurt does not describe how I feel now, broken hearted, doesn't even come close to how deep my quick has been cut to.

How could you? I trusted and worshipped the very post's you cock-up in!

I'd put you on my ignore list, (yes, you would have been my first), but if I did that I would miss my dailly belly laughs, sometimes I even laugh at the content as well as the spelling.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:16   #222
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hurt does not describe how I feel now, broken hearted, doesn't even come close to how deep my quick has been cut to.

How could you? I trusted and worshipped the very post's you cock-up in!

I'd put you on my ignore list, (yes, you would have been my first), but if I did that I would miss my dailly belly laughs, sometimes I even laugh at the content as well as the spelling.
Ya score one for Jaysay
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10   #223
Senior Member+

There is also the other side of the debate, do new members frighten off the senior members, who can forget the groove,and cardinal posts, where are they now. More to the point who cares.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:01   #224
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There is also the other side of the debate, do new members frighten off the senior members, who can forget the groove,and cardinal posts, where are they now. More to the point who cares.
Well Grove was banned, and Cardinal only posted one or two days and was never seen again, whether it was a bogus account sussed out by the mods I'm not sure, or for that matter bothered
Old 08-05-2012, 19:00   #225
Senior Member+

Quote:

I do think some new members have a knack of not frighten off older members but make it hard work for them to post.

I have avoided many threads these past few weeks just coz I cannont be bothered with all the drivel that comes out of some members.
I think the ones who know me all know who I am talking about.
It is a shame as it does put off what could be a good discussion but it gets hi-jacked and many members that have been here a while are put off posting just like me.
MargP has mentioned a few times that recently she has felt the same.
Other members may think why dont you start another discussion but the way things are at the moment it wont take long before that is hi-jacked aswell.

To the original question, to be honest I joined to play in the arcade as I were bored at work one night! Realised I had to post 5 posts before I could play and the rest as they say is history!
I didnt jump straight in I waited and read a while before getting stuck in.

I am glad that I joined, I have learnt alot and made some good friends.
I did write a blog when I had been here a year...............

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...lot-wiser.html
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..