Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2013, 22:46   #31

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Nailing my colours to the mast here and saying that I'm a believer. I'm not a door knocker and hate it when the Jovies or LDS knock on my door too. The stuff they believe makes some of the Old Testament tales seem positively mundane. There's quite a lot of historical evidence for a Jesus figure living sometime between 9BC and 30ish AD and probably even more circumstantial evidence. Whether he was the Christ is less easy to prove and everyone must make up their own minds on that one. The problem with resenting people trying to convert others to Christianity is that it's part of the faith. I don't think that anyone ever got converted by being screamed or shouted at in the street (people do this in Leeds every blinkin Saturday) but the folk doing the screaming really do believe that they are doing it for the good of those in earshot. I'm a very poor Christian in this respect and will offer my opinion but will not go out of my way to persuade others that I'm right. I look upon it as being like having found a really good restaurant where the food is free, the wine is great and the waitresses are gorgeous. I recommend it but am not going to drag people out of KFC if that's really what they prefer.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2013, 08:14   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
fantastic- What every home needs
Sure is Rob, didn't realise just how handy it could be until after the disciples of the lord god Jehovah paid their first visit
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:15   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Project Bluebeam has plans to project the image of the 'second coming' in the sky.

Project Blue Beam

Now you are aware that such deception is possible - you won't be duped.
I never was before that Margaret
Old 19-04-2013, 15:56   #34
Senior Member+

Just wondering. Since this is a Question that cannot be Answered should it really be in the Q&A section ?
Old 19-04-2013, 16:01   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Just wondering. Since this is a Question that cannot be Answered should it really be in the Q&A section ?
Nah but we aint got n Aesops Fables section, so this will have to do.
Old 19-04-2013, 16:04   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah but we aint got n Aesops Fables section, so this will have to do.
had to google Aesops.... nice reply k award!
Old 19-04-2013, 16:40   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Power, control, & gullibility started it.
Yeh that too - but if you think about it clearly Jesus worship is basically sun-worship except the sun has been turned into a man = a personification of the sun! The main festivals such as Easter and Christmas are linked to the sun and Pagan festivals, the Sun is reborn at Christmas which is his supposed birthday and starts to increase in light after dying.
Stevie R likes this.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 16:43   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh that too - but if you think about it clearly Jesus worship is basically sun-worship except the sun has been turned into a man = a personification of the sun! The main festivals such as Easter and Christmas are linked to the sun and Pagan festivals.
Only for those that want to believe, for myself and many others, they are bank holidays.
kestrelx likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 16:54   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Give me a couple of minutes then we can perhaps try again, you got me over-excited at the first time I came!
Was that with a 2 bob hooker
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 17:08   #40
Senior Member+

There are some that worship the sun... try telling them that the sun is really jesus.....
Old 19-04-2013, 17:21   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There are some that worship the sun... try telling them that the sun is really jesus.....
Ya David Dickinson is a sun worshiper, or is that a sunbed worshiper
Old 19-04-2013, 17:27   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
To you it's of course - never - but not to the Christians!
i was forced to be a christian against my will when i was a baby so as an established christian i can confirm the whole lot is bullcrap not just the second coming

hope this answers your question

the only second coming that i know to be true is the one after a 5 min rest and a fag break or these days a e-cig break

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 18:33   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i was forced to be a christian against my will when i was a baby so as an established christian i can confirm the whole lot is bullcrap not just the second coming

hope this answers your question

the only second coming that i know to be true is the one after a 5 min rest and a fag break or these days a e-cig break
Dreaming again accyman
Old 19-04-2013, 18:46   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Dreaming again accyman
Don't worry Jay, I don't think he was flirting with you, you won't be subjected to a fag break!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 19:40   #45
Senior Member+

Just a slight interjection with regard to the bible. At the start of the thread the bible was held up to be the word of god, it is far from that, it is in fact comprised of contributions from 40 authors.

The bible came into existence when the council of Nicaea set about compiling gospels to unite the Christians with a single book. Emperor Constantine (274-337) (emperor from 306-337) ordered it to search out and include all the gospels that supported and professed to be the word of god. Its interesting that the gospel according to Judas wasn't included.

So the bible is 66 gospels by 40 authors, compiled and turned into one book in the year 325 ad, that is 325 years after the man called Jesus was walking the earth. So it is not the word of god, but the word of 40 people who wrote gospels over a period of 1500 years, hence the old and new testaments.

I write this not to say definitively whether god exists or not, just to correct the statement that the bible is the word of god, and if people knock on your door saying it is, then they are starting with a lie.

Right thats all I can manage for now, all this serious stuff gives me a bout of giddiness
cashman and Stevie R like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..