Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2013, 17:16   #151
God Member

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I heard once that the moon was made of cheese
Tea Bags Made of Paper: Are They Harmful to Your Health? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"Many tea bags made of paper are manufactured with a chemical known as epichlorohydrin, a compound used in the manufacture of plastics and used as an insecticide. When this chemical comes into contact with water it forms a chemical called 3-MCPD, a known cancer causing agent."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2013, 17:37   #152
God Member

jesus never did perform the miracle of walking on water after his crucifixion which i think would have been more impressive to do with holes in his feet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:44   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Tea Bags Made of Paper: Are They Harmful to Your Health? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"Many tea bags made of paper are manufactured with a chemical known as epichlorohydrin, a compound used in the manufacture of plastics and used as an insecticide. When this chemical comes into contact with water it forms a chemical called 3-MCPD, a known cancer causing agent."
We're all doomed, I tell you! We're all doomed(well, all except MargaretR).
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:51   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

If you step of the kerb without looking you could also do some serios damage to your health too
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:56   #155
God Member

Quote:
Me too. And I remember a poem that my gran used to quote:

If all the world were apple pie,
And all the sea were ink,
And all the trees were bread and cheese,
What should we have to drink?

According to Marg P., a few posts ago, Jack Daniels is always an option. Beats the hell outa tea, loose or bagged.
jaysay and Restless like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:01   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
jesus never did perform the miracle of walking on water after his crucifixion which i think would have been more impressive to do with holes in his feet
dynamo walked on water - Mythbusted!
Old 25-04-2013, 18:02   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too. And I remember a poem that my gran used to quote:

If all the world were apple pie,
And all the sea were ink,
And all the trees were bread and cheese,
What should we have to drink?

According to Marg P., a few posts ago, Jack Daniels is always an option. Beats the hell outa tea, loose or bagged.
Opened a bottle on Saturday Eric
Old 25-04-2013, 18:14   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And there's still some left? Get it drunk, what are you waiting for, the second coming?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:22   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
And there's still some left? Get it drunk, what are you waiting for, the second coming?
No Saturday Night
Old 25-04-2013, 18:23   #160
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
One of my brothers, older than me, at University talked down his lecturer, (it was just before the moon landing).

The Lecturer was telling them what the moon was made of, my brother interjected that although he was inclined to believe what this guy said, until someone landed on the moon and could prove what it was made of, it may well be made of cheese.
A few days later (So far as everyone except mags believes), they landed on the moon found it wasn't made of cheese and both my brother and his lecturer were happy with the result.

Therefore like doubting Thomas, I won't give religion too much thought until Christ appears and tells me in some smug fashion,

"I told you so"!
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:25   #161
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Although not to my tastes, at least it's a spirit that's real.
Old 25-04-2013, 19:09   #162
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Another book worth while reading is The Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S
In the book she shows that she does not know the difference between the teaching of the Immaculate Conception and the teaching of the Virgin Birth of Jesus .

One would expect something better from someone with a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree in Classics , Greek Civilization .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:20   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Although not to my tastes, at least it's a spirit that's real.
As the moon cropped up ... there is some excellent Tennessee whiskey ... I think it's called "Shine".
Restless likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 00:28   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Therefore like doubting Thomas, I won't give religion too much thought until Christ appears and tells me in some smug fashion,

"I told you so"!
if some scruffy urchin with a beard approaches you in accy claiming to be jesus its more than likely a smack head from maundy so be sure to double check

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 06:12   #165
Senior Member+

Re: Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if some scruffy urchin with a beard approaches you in accy claiming to be jesus its more than likely a smack head from maundy so be sure to double check
Or if he is spinning around with a phone in the air it's very likely me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..