Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2013, 12:50   #76
Senior Member+

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
For you there are plenty of gaps and very little knowledge!
Even worse for thee mate - Jesus Christ actually means Joshua (Yeshua) the annointed one as Christ meant Annointed One!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2013, 12:52   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Evolution explains it, but how did the potential for evolution come into place - how did that come about - there are massive gaps in our knowledge about this? Some Christians believed that the earth was created by the Devil and it was the devil who created sex and animals and so on - and the way to get back to god was to thrash yourself on a daily basis.
It depends how far back you want to go, if you go back far enough you reach a point that starts off with the big bang theory, and an ever expanding universe, at this point the potential for the creation of life started, so we are all made from the dust of stars and the universe.
The search for the Higgs Boson particle was supposed to answer the questions not yet answered. this remains to be seen.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 12:53   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Even worse for thee mate - Jesus Christ actually means Joshua (Yeshua) the annointed one as Christ meant Annointed One!
What makes you think I didn't know or hadn't read an earlier post?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 12:56   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
It depends how far back you want to go, if you go back far enough you reach a point that starts off with the big bang theory, and an ever expanding universe, at this point the potential for the creation of life started, so we are all made from the dust of stars and the universe.
The search for the Higgs Boson particle was supposed to answer the questions not yet answered. this remains to be seen.
Aren't there some that reckon that it won't be an ever expanding universe but that it will get to a certain point then collapse in on itself?
Old 20-04-2013, 12:58   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yeah, me too, there's something inherently basic, honest & earthy about being a dollop of something unidentifiable.
Nah thats Dingles.
Old 20-04-2013, 12:59   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
to thrash yourself on a daily basis.
According to the Local catholic priests would result in you being cast into the pits of hell suffering eternal damnation, the wailing & gnashing of teeth amongst the sulphurous gasses fire & brimstone. (Sounds like a Saga weekend outing in Clevelys if you ask me )

But according to the Sprout Master (Brownaler or whatever he was called) it would result in hairy palms & bad eyes!

Shaving helps, but I can't be doing with the contact lenses, so gegs it is then!
kestrelx likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 12:59   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
What makes you think I didn't know or hadn't read an earlier post?
Yeh but I bet you didn't know that - Jesus was a mushroom!?

Old 20-04-2013, 13:04   #83

Quote:
Yeh but I bet you didn't know that - Jesus was a mushroom!?
He could be the fairy on top of a Christmas tree so far as I'm concerned, you really shouldn't think everyone else is as thick as thee.
Restless and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 20-04-2013, 13:10   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
I watched Prof Brian Cox and he explains quite alot about how evolution works and it makes much more sense than the Christian concept of "A grey haired old man!" sending down his only son (sun) why not a daughter? Which makes Christianity inherantly sexist and biased particularly in the Catholic faith.

One thing that Charles Darwin said swayed him to the theory of evolution as he too was of Christian faith, that why if there was a God would he create such a waste of life and so much life is wasted - but eventually decays and goes back into the system. We are basically just complex animals and when we die - like animals decay and rot - why should we be any different - when it's proven we are made of the same basic substances in DNA - surely we are then are under the same rules as any other forms of life and there is no Afterlife for us and not animals.
Old 20-04-2013, 13:10   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Aren't there some that reckon that it won't be an ever expanding universe but that it will get to a certain point then collapse in on itself?
It will at some point, however before that happens we will be long gone as our sun will have gone nova by then, the sun has used up half of its energy potential. No need to panic just yet, but the ultimate fate of mankind will be obliteration if we haven't the means to leave our universe.

So remember book early to get the best seats on the spaceship.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 13:12   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
He could be the fairy on top of a Christmas tree so far as I'm concerned, you really shouldn't think everyone else is as thick as thee.
You is as thick as what comes out of pigs! Low on the scale when brain DNA was given out...
Less likes this.
Old 20-04-2013, 13:14   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
It depends how far back you want to go, if you go back far enough you reach a point that starts off with the big bang theory, and an ever expanding universe
It can't start with the big bang, there must have been something there to go 'BANG'.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 13:19   #88

Quote:
It will at some point, however before that happens we will be long gone as our sun will have gone nova by then, the sun has used up half of its energy potential. No need to panic just yet, but the ultimate fate of mankind will be obliteration if we haven't the means to leave our universe.

I've got seats booked for the restaurant at the end of the universe.
I can't afford them but by then I won't be worrying about bailiffs.
Old 20-04-2013, 13:24   #89
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
And pray it ain't run by Ryan Air.
Old 20-04-2013, 14:06   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
If there's ever a day you don't feel up to it give me a shout- I'll gladly help out.
You get in the queue, there's a lot before you for that job, in fact people are actually paying to do it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..