Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2013, 07:59   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
As the moon cropped up ... there is some excellent Tennessee whiskey ... I think it's called "Shine".
Shine on me
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2013, 08:00   #167
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Or if he is spinning around with a phone in the air it's very likely me
Its always handy when you know just what your looking for when your looking for AccyWebbers
Old 26-04-2013, 10:43   #168
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
In the book she shows that she does not know the difference between the teaching of the Immaculate Conception and the teaching of the Virgin Birth of Jesus .

One would expect something better from someone with a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree in Classics , Greek Civilization .
Please elucidate! It's about 10 years since I read it.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 10:45   #169
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Loaves and fishes were more nutritious
That depends who's made the loaves and where the fishes where fished from? I.e. a oil slick!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:16   #170
Beacon of light

Haven't you ever had sardines/pilchards/mackerel in oil?
(ewww, the thought of it makes me gag)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:19   #171
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Please elucidate! It's about 10 years since I read it.
It's like I said . In the book it shows that she does not know the difference between the teaching on the Immaculate Conception and the teaching on the Virgin Birth of Jesus . How do you understand these teachings after reading D.M. Murdock's (aka Acharya S ) book ?

Last edited by JCB; 26-04-2013 at 11:21.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:21   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me anyone that buys the "Immaculate Conception" story, is dafter n me n that does take some achieving.
kestrelx likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 11:47   #173
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me anyone that buys the "Immaculate Conception" story, is dafter n me n that does take some achieving.
What about the one "A supernatural being gave a chunk of the Middle Eastern desert to the being's favourite group of people, as their home forever"
Or
Men who scrifice their lives in battle for the religion will be carried to a heaven populated by beautiful virgin women.
Or
On a hilltop in Western New York state the Angel Moroni appeared to a man named Joseph Smith and revealed to him buried golden plates awaiting translation a lost book of the bible.

My real favourite is the belief by the Azande of the Congo.
To determine whether a person accused of adultery is guilty force feed a poisonous paste to a chicken. If the chicken does not die that means the accused is innocent.

http://faculty.washington.edu/stevehar/Witchcraft.pdf
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:54   #174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So what did they do to the accused if chicken died?
Old 26-04-2013, 12:07   #175
I am Banned

Quote:
So what did they do to the accused if chicken died?
The Azande socio-political system is an intricate admixture of feudalism, traditional, political and administrative authority and witchcraft, charm, etc. After the destruction of their kingdom, the Azande now have chiefs, mostly from the royal clan who combine judicial and spiritual prowess.
The chief invokes witchcraft and oracles, for which the Azande are renowned, to determine and administer justice on those suspected of crimes including adultery, murder through bewitching or evil eyes. In the old days, thieves had their ears cut off and their backs scored with a knife leaving large permanent scars.
Another punishment was to break open an ant-hill and tie the offender on the top of it, intense pain being caused by the armies of soldier ants that would swarm over him. Men suspected of witchcraft, and also occasionally thieves, might be confined in their house and burnt alive. Men accused of committing adultery, especially with their Chiefs’ wives, if not killed outright were emasculated and in addition had their hands, ears and lips cut off.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:47   #176
Beacon of light

Quote:
Cashy it is about faith....and faith is the acceptance of something you cannot see or seems to be illogical.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:55   #177
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy it is about faith....and faith is the acceptance of something you cannot see or seems to be illogical.
It's also about thinking for yourself and not believing in hell and damnation just because it was drummed into you at an early age.
If I'm wrong and there is a God, he's a bit of a mean bastard if he sends me to hell after giving me free will!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 17:15   #178
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I tried that one on the Father-in-law many years ago, he didn't buy it either
kestrelx likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 19:43   #179
God Member

if only they had jeremy kyle back then this imaculate conception could have been cleared up within an hour and had time to spare to deal with who stole my donkey stories or lie detectors to see if there really was room at the inn

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 19:46   #180
God Member

hang on this god chap is a bit of a slutt if you ask me.He knew mary was with joseph yet still impregnated her with his child

what a man whore lol

even worse is mary wasnt aware she wa simpregnated so is this the first recorded rape incident ?

lol that wouldnt look good in the bible would it with john the baptist and god the rapist

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..