Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2013, 17:59   #211
JCB

Re: When is the 2nd Coming - Coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

Fact is when Millions of people believe in a load of fantasy then you get these people blowing themselves up and doing nasty things to others in the name of their "illusionary" gods.
Neither do I believe in these "illusuionary" gods .

I can't see why you don't free yourself and stop wasting your time in disbelieving in a god which traditional Christians don't accept either .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2013, 18:19   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

There is a trend amongst younger men to prefer older women (cougars) who can teach them the ropes.
It's not just young men; I like to be tied up too
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 18:41   #213
Senior Member+

If you wanna know just how crazy icke can get... watch Icke and Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa videos... my what a laugh
Old 27-04-2013, 19:59   #214
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

There is a trend amongst younger men to prefer older women (cougars) who can teach them the ropes.
Not trying to tell us something (or advertising?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
One word......Faith.......believing the unbelievable(which, those who have no faith, will refer to as fantasy).
Man is arrogant to think he can explain away everything by scientific methods.......faith defies science.
I disagree. IMO Everything can be explained by science.

Last edited by Restless; 27-04-2013 at 20:01.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 20:09   #215
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Not trying to tell us something (or advertising?)

I disagree. IMO Everything can be explained by science.
O.K. Mr. Science Geek Explain this one:-

How come Jaysay breaks every spell checker he uses?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 20:33   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

They crumble under the awesome power of his malapropic genius.
Stevie R likes this.
Old 27-04-2013, 20:34   #217
Senior Member+

Internet explorer. Cannot break what is already (expletive deleted)
Old 27-04-2013, 21:27   #218
Senior Member+

Also I don't consider myself anywhere near a science geek- I am nowhere near that intelligent Just that I think everything can be explained or thought out if the right tools are available- without the god bollocks
Old 28-04-2013, 08:48   #219
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
To give us the pleasure of spending loadsamoney once a year on useless tat and masses of food to celebrate his birthday then we can all be in debt for the rest of the year before we start again. See, God invented the credit crunch to keep him self amused.
There's no need to go into debt at Christmas, live within your means instead of keeping up with the Jones, I've had used a Credit Card for over 25 years and I've never paid one penny interest in that time, because I only use it as a convenience purposes and not buying something I can't afford at the time of buying. Think I had a good teacher in my Mother really, she didn't believe in debt either, there was no never, never in out home when I was growing up and there's never been any in my home either.
Eric likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 08:52   #220
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Sod all wrong with the spell checkers its my eyesight that's the problem, mind you this one on windows 8 is probably the best one there's been, it corrects as you type
Restless likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 09:03   #221
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There's no need to go into debt at Christmas, live within your means instead of keeping up with the Jones, I've had used a Credit Card for over 25 years and I've never paid one penny interest in that time, because I only use it as a convenience purposes and not buying something I can't afford at the time of buying. Think I had a good teacher in my Mother really, she didn't believe in debt either, there was no never, never in out home when I was growing up and there's never been any in my home either.
That is spot on John.
I have never gone into debt to fund christmas....and never would.....and Yes, my Ma is responsible for my attitude to debt, like yours John. It is common sense...except such sense isn't really that common.
jaysay and Restless like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 09:41   #222
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Funny we all seem to be around same age,that don't go into hock,as well as mam taught us, not being stupid is also a factor i think.
jaysay and Restless like this.
Old 28-04-2013, 12:08   #223
Full Member+

Quote:
What makes me smile more than anything is this thing that Muslim martyrs believe, that killing themselves in the name of Allah, the reward is 72 virgins and Rivers of honey, that should tell any would be candidates its a bit of a misnomer especially the 72 virgins bit
Let's hope they find they've been turned in to eunuchs when they finally get there !
Old 28-04-2013, 15:33   #224
I am Banned

Atheism works for me, it's a non prophet organisation.
cashman, Eric and Restless like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 18:12   #225
God Member

Quote:
Funny how these habits stay with you. I still haven't got into the habit of shopping American style .... you know, at the Supermarket or Walmart. And I shop almost day to day (well, maybe 3 days to 3 days) I get my meat from a real butcher, shop for canned stuff and frozen stuff (most of the stuff I have in my freezer, I shot or caught myself) at Giant Tiger, get spices, carbolic soap, and real peanut butter at Tara Foods .... etc. etc. Some folks just head out to Walmart Super Store ... You can go in bare assed and come out fully clothed and wearing a condom, with a year's worth of groceries, a canoe, fishing gear, t.v. ... (but no guns and ammo ... this ain't America) ... And if something is working well, I don't toss it to get the latest version.

I know this is a whole different topic, but what happened to values of thrift and common sense? When the hell did they get lost? And where are they now? And I don't think this is mere nostalgia. In a sense, they are the platform of most major political parties, if you see what I mean.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..