Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2005, 00:06   #31
land of hope and glory

Re: holy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I think she was a cookery teacher with short ginger hair, her daughter was in my year.
the two cookery teachers there when i was were miss bond an mrs ainsworth
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2005, 00:16   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
That would be Miss Hogan.
i iam sure that was her name
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 00:20   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
miss bond was there the old trout
Old 13-06-2005, 00:26   #34
land of hope and glory

both where skinny and small one had dark hair the other was like strawberry blonde?
Old 13-06-2005, 00:36   #35

Quote:
both where skinny and small one had dark hair the other was like strawberry blonde?
i take it you mean the small dark haird was miss bond? was mr & mrs rydder there then?
Old 13-06-2005, 00:41   #36
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly
i take it you mean the small dark haird was miss bond? was mr & mrs rydder there then?
mr rider was there, i never saw him riding miss.......lol
Old 13-06-2005, 06:04   #37

Hell, don't those names bring back memories (good & bad) - I was there from 68 - 72 - in fact we had a reunion 2 yrs back and the photos are great - Stancliffe still aint changed - follow the link - http://www.idonohoe.com/holyfamily/reunion.htm - T'was a good year that; the leavers of 71/72 - heres to you all
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 18:37   #38
land of hope and glory

used to be in the same year as ians brother andy , i recognised paul humphreys used to run club on whalley road.
Old 13-06-2005, 19:39   #39
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
You're right there remember both, there really was a Mrs Mitton as I said her daughter was in my year cannot remember what subject she took. Kev Ryder topman he once introduced me to his daughter, very nice girl, not my type in those days.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 20:14   #40

Kev Ryder - remember him very well, but can't remember a Mrs Kev - otherwise she may have got the same stick we gave him, poor sod
Old 13-06-2005, 20:18   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
Kev Ryder - remember him very well, but can't remember a Mrs Kev - otherwise she may have got the same stick we gave him, poor sod
His wife was a teacher also, he did get a bit of stick but I always thought he was ok, helped me get my History O Level, cheers Kev.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 09:26   #42

Quote:
d. cassidy headmaster..............mr macalooney..........mulderick....flynn...mr bentley ....john lowe.....mrs ainsworth ....miss bond....miss almond??...what was that maths teacher called who could swing a cane?
Mulderick - remember calling him Pick, Roll and Flick. Also Bond was a right dragon. Remember have Christine Almond at Sacred Heart, she did her teacher training release from college or uni. She was a fantastic person.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 00:51   #43
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Mulderick - remember calling him Pick, Roll and Flick. Also Bond was a right dragon. Remember have Christine Almond at Sacred Heart, she did her teacher training release from college or uni. She was a fantastic person.
she had the most beautiful................bre....t...voice i know and she could play that owd guitar.
Old 15-06-2005, 05:32   #44

Mr Stancliffe organised youth hosteling/walking breaks up in the lakes which first got me hooked on that wonderful place and I've been doing it ever since. I don't think we realised or appreciated the efforts these types of teachers made to improve the "whole" of our lives not just the academic needs, I'm pretty sure that in todays politically correct and "must follow strict guidelines" world that todays kids are not being exposed to a world of self-realisation and character building that our teachers gave us. Ok they were hard and demanding but in general they were fair and gave a lot back - thanks to em all
Frank T likes this.
Old 15-06-2005, 15:35   #45

Talking Re: holy family

yep steph was right i was there early 70s left in75 KSH was there same time think he left 77 ish then followed me to work at accy garages.i was in the same year as shaun whithead, butch ball, alf lorenty, martin wilson.

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..