Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 00:43   #16
land of hope and glory

Re: holy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
And for that matter I think he taught my dad too
sure my daughter said that hes retireing this year. what years was your dad there steph?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2005, 14:20   #17

Early seventies but thats only a guess
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:38   #18
Senior Member+

wife say she knows em all.Recognise the name Broadley anybody?
Old 10-06-2005, 23:15   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
d. cassidy headmaster..............mr macalooney..........mulderick....flynn...mr bentley ....john lowe.....mrs ainsworth ....miss bond....miss almond??...what was that maths teacher called who could swing a cane?
The maths teacher's when i was there was flynn, kean, almond, Mr finn had a good selection of canes. Mr almond took motor mecanhic's as well any body remember Mr moore (pig) ?
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 23:26   #20
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly
The maths teacher's when i was there was flynn, kean, almond, Mr finn had a good selection of canes. Mr almond took motor mecanhic's as well any body remember Mr moore (pig) ?
flynn was my tutorial head we had to see him for a mark.
Old 10-06-2005, 23:28   #21
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
Early seventies but thats only a guess
what is your dad called steph? HE might have some secrets that we know about....lol
Old 11-06-2005, 00:11   #22

Mr Moore, was'nt it him who taught biology, a real sadist, Bob Almond, was metal work teacher, Terry Neville, still the greatest. others, Mr Noblet, Miss Doran, Music. Mrs Griffin, needlework. Can anyone remember arts or crafts teachers, I am talking 1960s here. Johnny Mare, Mr Swarbrick, Mr Bleasdale, Mullderick, Katie Boyle. I left in 1964.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 00:53   #23
land of hope and glory

it was mr stancliffe for music ..............come to think of it what the hell is a music class good for when you are learning to grow up?
Old 11-06-2005, 20:02   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

My form teacher was Christine Ritsen (spelling ?), quite funny to me was when my wife had just had our first child she was in the same ward expecting her first, small world. Mr Whitham was maths excellent teacher, group 1 of course, pig (Moore) was geography.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:37   #25

there was one teacher and she made you say thank you after she gave you the wack. she took enviromental studies can't remmember her name.
folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 17:32   #26
land of hope and glory

remember mr mitton and the flippin pig (moore ) iwent to school with a peter broadley.
Old 12-06-2005, 20:00   #27
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly
there was one teacher and she made you say thank you after she gave you the wack. she took enviromental studies can't remmember her name.
That would be Miss Hogan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 12-06-2005, 20:05   #28
Accy Red

Quote:
remember mr mitton
Don't remember a Mr Mitton but there was a Mrs Mitton.

Old 12-06-2005, 20:07   #29
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Don't remember a Mr Mitton but there was a Mrs Mitton.
had a mrs mitton down at junior school but cant put a face to one at holy family?
Old 12-06-2005, 20:13   #30
Accy Red

Quote:
had a mrs mitton down at junior school but cant put a face to one at holy family?
I think she was a cookery teacher with short ginger hair, her daughter was in my year.

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..