Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2005, 00:21   #46
land of hope and glory

Re: holy family

remember shaun whitehead proper chap!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2005, 15:36   #47
I am Banned

Gee im agreeing with me dad now lol quite true n its getting worse with all this PC interferance most schools now are opting to be less competitive within their pupils ie phazing out sports day n competitions like easter etc. They are promoting inclusion which means everyone gets an award n 'no winners' attitude, i tell u hot debate in staffrooms because no wonder some youngsters nowadays have no drive, ambition n expect everything to happen for them without the effort, trouble is its ok to have the PC attitude but REAL LIFE is competition - some succeeeding n some failings n a lot of effort, no wonder youngsters have difficulty when they find they fail or can win em all sort of speek n gee talk about dummies out of the pram!! they cant handle it cos they have been protected from it rather than prepared for it n to me that is as important as academicals in fact necessary life skills.

Im off me soapbox now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc
Mr Stancliffe organised youth hosteling/walking breaks up in the lakes which first got me hooked on that wonderful place and I've been doing it ever since. I don't think we realised or appreciated the efforts these types of teachers made to improve the "whole" of our lives not just the academic needs, I'm pretty sure that in todays politically correct and "must follow strict guidelines" world that todays kids are not being exposed to a world of self-realisation and character building that our teachers gave us. Ok they were hard and demanding but in general they were fair and gave a lot back - thanks to em all
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 01:06   #48
land of hope and glory

who was there when the rossie block was up and it used to be packed around the back with smokers?
Old 17-06-2005, 09:59   #49

bit before my time i think...lol
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 17:32   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
who was there when the rossie block was up and it used to be packed around the back with smokers?
Rossie block? where was that I never see it
OOps sorry, never see it cause I was always round the back of it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 17:35   #51
land of hope and glory

cross country run used to be the best, would you say so K.S.H ?
Old 17-06-2005, 18:06   #52
God Member

Quote:
cross country run used to be the best, would you say so K.S.H ?
Was that the one were you run up to the shops then waited there till the others came back and joined in the middle of the pack?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 18:10   #53
land of hope and glory

SPOT ON!and thats after you had a fag and a couple of matches shoved down your socks to pass time away while you where waiting......lol
Old 17-06-2005, 20:57   #54
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
remember shaun whitehead proper chap!
I once saw Shaun and this was true, get 100 bubbly gums, the 1p pink ones into his mouth and attempt to chew which he did of sorts, after he got them all out he spewed, I've never seen a face so swollen don't know how he could breathe.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2005, 00:35   #55
land of hope and glory

who paid for that load of bubble gum you must have asked the all school!
Old 18-06-2005, 22:24   #56
Accy Red

Quote:
who paid for that load of bubble gum you must have asked the all school!
This was after he had left he must have been about 20.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 19-06-2005, 00:20   #57
land of hope and glory

worked with shaun at associated dairies when i left school, in my eyes he is still a good lad.
do you not think that them penny bubblies where massive compared to these days? all the tosh seems to have shrunk!

Last edited by staggeringman; 19-06-2005 at 00:22.
Old 19-06-2005, 20:05   #58
Accy Red

Quote:
worked with shaun at associated dairies when i left school, in my eyes he is still a good lad.
do you not think that them penny bubblies where massive compared to these days? all the tosh seems to have shrunk!
Agreed Shaun was ok, you might know but in the CB am days his handle was "Bubble", I never asked him if it was anything to do with the bubbly bet. All tosh has shrunk and you pay more now for less that's what makes Shauns 100 club more impressive.

How long did you work at the dairies?

Old 20-06-2005, 00:14   #59
land of hope and glory

worked at dairies for 3 years! was also on the C.B handle WAS TROPHY BITTER, also the windup handle was sweaty sock!,used to know a lot from around this area.
Old 29-06-2005, 14:21   #60
cuz
Junior Member+

Quote:
d. cassidy headmaster..............mr macalooney..........mulderick....flynn...mr bentley ....john lowe.....mrs ainsworth ....miss bond....miss almond??...what was that maths teacher called who could swing a cane?
its was BOB ALMOND AND WHAT ABOUT THAT LITTLE SQUIRT BUBBLE WHO TAUGHT TD
cuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..