Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 12:58   #361
Junior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

Just realised it was Mr Robinson(History) from reading back.

God this thread sure brings back memories.

By the way Hargreaves was the best at everything ;-)
Old 09-01-2009, 15:25   #362
Junior Member+

Hmmmm........when I was there, Hargreaves was definitely NOT the best. I know this for sure 'cos I was in it. I was one brought forward to compete in sports I wasn't good at such as swimming. They were scraping the barrell no doubt as the only thing I do well in water is drown.

Soulee, glad to hear the house team must have improved in later years. Tony Robbo had a sort of scraggly, curly perm in the seventies so age gets to us all I suppose and hair loss overtime is as sure as death and taxes.
Oldschoolthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 19:32   #363
God Member

Browsing through this thread I have found that there are a mix of people that either loved or loathed the place. Seems as though through some of the comments that the teachers were the reason which makes me think teachers make n break people.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 19:36   #364
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Browsing through this thread I have found that there are a mix of people that either loved or loathed the place. Seems as though through some of the comments that the teachers were the reason which makes me think teachers make n break people.
That spuggie dear, is why I am sooooo fooked up!!!..... do you think I have a good claim?? ( psst its been 13 years since I left Moorhead ) ?? I think* I was pretty normal when I started that school*.... surely where there's blame there's a clam??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 19:38   #365
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
That spuggie dear, is why I am sooooo fooked up!!!..... do you think I have a good claim?? ( psst its been 13 years since I left Moorhead ) ?? I think* I was pretty normal when I started that school*.... surely where there's blame there's a clam??
Most certainly there is. Only went through it as my hooli is at high school now (first year) and from what she has told me about it we were def mentaly abused up there.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 19:46   #366
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Most certainly there is. Only went through it as my hooli is at high school now (first year) and from what she has told me about it we were def mentaly abused up there.
JJJJJeeeeeZZZ I went there from 11 til 16 .... deffo claim then!! And I have sent my boy there ( Accrington Academy ) Maybe he will have a Blame claim going on soon

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 19:54   #367
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
JJJJJeeeeeZZZ I went there from 11 til 16 .... deffo claim then!! And I have sent my boy there ( Accrington Academy ) Maybe he will have a Blame claim going on soon
I left in 86 after 5 years of hell. Hooli is at Grangemouth High n thinks the teachers are softies!!! Teachers must have had personality reasignment since I was at school.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-02-2009, 19:58   #368
Junior Member+

I was at Moorhead in 1977-78. Moved to Africa then. Desperately looking for old friends... Kathrine Dawson,Laura Shields, Dianne Pasco...All maiden names. Planning a visit to Accrin in August and would love to see old school friends.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:39   #369
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER View Post
I remember Mrs Ainsworth my first form tutor,Mr Cauldwell (Chucklebrother lookalike,get him talking about football and the lesson was out the window),Mr Williamson(art)permanently chewing gum,Mr Jordan (art),Mrs Heap(French teacher and from France)she was also my form techer and I had her in set 1,hated her.Mr mcHale(History),Mr Dixon(Maths),had a really great Chemistry teacher but can't remember his name,he was quite old with very thick glasses.Edna Skull(Physics)always chuckled at the subtlty of the name.Mrs Walmsley,Mr Walmsley(Larry Grayson specs),Mr Littler(hitler)Chemistry.Mr Omerod(nice guy RIP),Mr Clayton(history)Separate desks,lines for being late,lines for being early,lines for everything,then after school he used to jog home to where of all places but CLAYTON.
I remember Mrs. Skull from Accy Grammar in the early 60s ... I think her old man taught history .... back in those days she had a most impressive cleavage and all the guys were good at getting her to lean over the lab benches to check on some equipment while we checked our her's.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:07   #370

My gawd, scary thoughts. Mrs Skull must've been pushing 60 when she taught me physics in 1978. I got detention once for writing "Mrs Skulls a bonehead" on my jotter
ChrisMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:29   #371

Hya i went to hollins county high school and i left in 1978!
schnozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:37   #372

Anyone remember Mark Winter,Steven Catlow and Jeremy Richmond who went to Hollins school?
schnozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:39   #373
God Member

i reckon you might get a better response if you put it in the 'HOLLINS' thread

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ool-40897.html
Old 27-02-2009, 16:12   #374

Flamin Hollins muppets!
ChrisMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 20:49   #375
Junior Member+

Red face Re: Moorhead High School

Brings back some memories this especially the football team of 72 to 77 as mentioned by Johnno. Wasnt in the team myself but certainly remember all the names and characters.

Also remember some others such as all the Smiths!! AP (andy)(remember all that bloody dosh!!!! and all with only 1 good eye if you remember - twenty pound notes all over Queens Road!!), PB (Peter) (R.I.P.) I (Ian - the only lad in the year that never had a fight but had a reputation as a hard nut!! - not true though cos Ive given him a few good slappings since and hes soft as sh.te!! Few others have as well over the years which even I was surprised at!!), M (Mark I think??) and another A (Andy I believe)
bobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..