Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2007, 10:25   #316

Re: Moorhead High School

mr wells had a beard and was a stockey bloke
Old 18-07-2007, 10:25   #317

mr wells also taught metal work in the sheds at queens building
Old 20-07-2007, 09:16   #318
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie01302 View Post
When I was at Moorhead I had Mr Williamson for Art, Mrs Jones for History (and by heck was she a great teacher of history), Mr Bolton for English and I forget the guy who taught me Georgraphy but remember he played rugby for Blackburn.

My sister told me that while she was at Moorhead a piece of my Artwork was on display in the Art Room - that makes me feel proud lol (especailly since she was there a good 10 years after me hehe)
Remember the Geography teacher was Mr Simpkins - it took some time to remember lol
dixie01302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 09:18   #319
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
your only a few years older than me gregster, dixie is 48 lol those teachers you mentioned where all there when i was
If you're going to quote me - get my age right - I'm 43 years old!!!
dixie01302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 21:29   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie01302 View Post
If you're going to quote me - get my age right - I'm 43 years old!!!
Almost as old as me then Dixie
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 12:24   #321
Junior Member+

I loved my time at Moorhead (only realised it when I'd left though). I was there between 90-95 In Mr Dysons Form Or Dyson-Knight as he became known. I remember running down the top corridor in the cromwell building and Mr Williamson stepping out and literally picking me up by the throat and throwing me into Mr Mullarkys room and telling me he didn't like me? Who remembers Eddie Purcell the music teacher I think people (including me) used to push him to see how far he'd go, there was so many of the lads in my year who he wouldn't even let into his lesson. I remember Mr Mckenzie taking me and a friend into a what was Mr Waters room upstairs in the geography block in Queens building and telling us we weren't in trouble or anything and he wasn't going to shout and within 30 seconds he was screaming at us for something that happened on our way to school. I wasn't a terrible kid at school I like to think of myself as misunderstood.

Great days
Antonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 13:03   #322
God Member

i was in Mr Dysons form the first year he started, he was a good bloke, had a great gob on him though, and was always a laugh, i saw him a few years ago and he said he was embarrased to see me because i made him feel old, he was only in his 20s when he started at Moorhead
Old 26-09-2007, 10:11   #323
God Member

Quote:
i was in Mr Dysons form the first year he started, he was a good bloke, had a great gob on him though, and was always a laugh, i saw him a few years ago and he said he was embarrased to see me because i made him feel old, he was only in his 20s when he started at Moorhead
Ya know he is still quite sexy too

I went for Moorhead open evening last week with zack!! blimey how things change, but I still knew where the toilets where hahaha happy days!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 15:04   #324
God Member

i wanted to go to that open evening slinks, but being in blackburn we didnt get a letter about it, i was gutted when i found out i'd missed it by a day
Old 26-09-2007, 20:06   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
i wanted to go to that open evening slinks, but being in blackburn we didnt get a letter about it, i was gutted when i found out i'd missed it by a day
you should have gone with slinks , shame your both too old to get a detention with mr dyson knight he he
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 08:54   #326
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
you should have gone with slinks , shame your both too old to get a detention with mr dyson knight he he
Yes I will second that

It was great walking round!! didn't haven't a clue where anything was in the new part of the building but I whizzed round the old building, still knowing where a lot of the rooms where hehehe. Funny what you don't forget really!!

Anyway, he has decided this is the school he wants to go to!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
I was at Moorhead from about 1979 to 1984. Anybody remember Christopher Seymour?
i was there '79 - '84 too and yep i remember christopher seymour!!! is that u??
hodgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12   #328
God Member

That is him but he's banned now.
Old 27-11-2007, 21:42   #329
Junior Member+

it was top laughs at moorhead the years i was there good mates i always thought that when people say you miss school it was bull but it is true
Old 28-11-2007, 04:57   #330
Junior Member+

my son went moorhead he was with gary robinson when he got struck i was friends with his mother.my son is philip burton does anyone know him we lived up huncoat
burt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..