Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 13:41   #391

Re: Moorhead High School

I was in hargreaves from 86-91 the gorgeous Miss Davies as form tutor ...wha-hey!!! i rememeber most my teachers apart from the chap who tried teaching us R.E. cant remember his name bit his room was opposite queens building canteen , poor chap had no chance really, favourite teacher has to be Mr McHale who i was lucky enough to be taught history 4 years out of 5 by him , funniest teacher Mr Phillips for German ,he kept forgetting what the german words actually meant!!! with special mentions for Caudy and geography taecher Mr Simkins , i know some thought he was a bit of a cock , but he was alright with us
Old 02-08-2010, 17:37   #392
God Member

the R.E teacher was maybe Mr Mcaffery (sp?) you must have been in the year above me, i left in 92, Mr Phillips also taught French
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33   #393

no it weren't Mcaffrey...remember him...i'm sure if you came out of queens building changing rooms towards canteen , his room was first on right he was a bit of a fairy even in first year he couldnt control us.....bloody hell ...what was his name....u must of been in alan brotherton's year then
Old 03-08-2010, 13:22   #394

Mr webb!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 16:33   #395
God Member

ah yeah i remember mr webb, i think i remember Alan, my sis was the year above you
Old 05-08-2010, 10:20   #396

What was your sister called
Old 05-08-2010, 17:23   #397
God Member

Kelly Sillitoe
Old 15-02-2011, 23:10   #398
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I was wracking my brain earlier with accystanmac trying to think of the blonde english teacher but no I still can't remember her name but it reminded me of another, what was the little dark haired geography teacher called, the one that always seemed to be pregnant?
she was called mrs wilkinson had a bit of a lithp
craftywitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 23:18   #399
Junior Member+

Re: Donna Grant- Huncoat

i think if im on the right person she lives in claton on devinshire drive x
Old 18-02-2011, 16:09   #400

Re: Donna Grant- Huncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftywitch View Post
i think if im on the right person she lives in claton on devinshire drive x

mrs wilkinson taught me english , nice woman cant believe she lives on devonshire drive now , that is a ****hole !! i grew up round there so i should know
Old 18-02-2011, 16:12   #401

btw there is a planned re-union for those who went to moorhead 1986-91 (like me) this year , i say planned because no date or venue has been set yet, but it would mark the 20th year since we left so it would be a good
Old 18-02-2011, 22:20   #402
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftywitch View Post
she was called mrs wilkinson had a bit of a lithp
their was a short with dark hair geography teacher called ainsworth when i was at moorhead but im not sure if she was a miss or mrs so she could have married since i left yonks ago.

i never had her as a teacher i got caudwell throughout my time there or either i only paid attention in geogrqphy when he was teaching it because i dont recall any other teacher teaching me geography lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54   #403

Anyone remember Ponhead ? Think he left in 85
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 22:27   #404
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Miss Tomlinson was there when i was too, but she had an even more venomous partner in crime, Miss Blades!! I also remember that Geography teacher that looked like Deidre Barlow off Corrie, was she called Mrs Smith?
I hated mrs smith she was a proper bitch
Old 04-06-2011, 22:29   #405
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
their was a short with dark hair geography teacher called ainsworth when i was at moorhead but im not sure if she was a miss or mrs so she could have married since i left yonks ago.

i never had her as a teacher i got caudwell throughout my time there or either i only paid attention in geogrqphy when he was teaching it because i dont recall any other teacher teaching me geography lol
I had her for geography she was really cool altho she nagged me about smokin all the time

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..