Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 20:39   #91
Resident Waffler

Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Oh god I hope so Margaret. lol Very entertaining! Doesn't seem much relevence to it now, I think willow may check it out though, I haven't witnessed willow so riled in my short time here!
You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

Hey come on folks, fess up. Who phoned Jammy to argue with him about this?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2007, 20:55   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i still think jambutty is wrong, as for the "accywebber" that rang him, he never said that, he said the torag. (see i can do it too.)
Old 02-12-2007, 20:58   #93
God Member

Shouldn't it be 'toe-rag' - I don't want to be pedantic but everyone else seems to be doing it and I didn't want to be left out.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:07   #94
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I've got it sussed!

Jambutty is on commission to get more customers to Grimshaw Park ASDA!
Drat! Drat and double Drat!

I’ve been rumbled!

Rushes off to bedroom to remove tenners from under the mattress and hides them somewhere else.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:20   #95
God Member

[quote=[FONT=Arial Black]WillowTheWhisp[/FONT];499851] You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

In that case willow, remind me to stay on the right side of you please, I wouldn't like to be there when erm! your undergarments have knots in! lol
Old 02-12-2007, 21:26   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Willows a pussycat Derek, ya just aint met her.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:30   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Willows a pussycat Derek, ya just aint met her.
Cheers cashman, I will try to remember that, and will be quick to stand you in the middle should you be wrong. lol
Old 02-12-2007, 21:32   #98
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

Hey come on folks, fess up. Who phoned Jammy to argue with him about this?
Pardon me but just exactly where did I mention posters?

I stated a notice at each checkout.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:35   #99
God Member

Hahahahaha! Round 2 ding ding!
Old 02-12-2007, 21:42   #100
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Shouldn't it be 'toe-rag' - I don't want to be pedantic but everyone else seems to be doing it and I didn't want to be left out.
You know Gayle you are right it is spelled toe-rag according to the Dictionary of Slang and I’m not prepared to challenge it.
Noun. A contemptible or worthless person. From the cloth that was worn around one's feet as a sock, usually by vagrants. [Mid 1800s]

All these years I’ve been labouring under a misapprehension.
Old 02-12-2007, 22:05   #101
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i still think jambutty is wrong, as for the "accywebber" that rang him, he never said that, he said the torag. (see i can do it too.)

Ah, you are quite correct Cashy. In that case it couldn't have been an AccyWebber. We don't have any torags on here. Maybe a few toe rags though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Pardon me but just exactly where did I mention posters?

I stated a notice at each checkout.
In which case I shall do my best to notice the notices.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 22:48   #102
God Member

I would jump to the chance to argue against Jambutty providing my argument was correct, however..I think Jambutty is correct if rather a few aspects.

I am currently at the University of Hull so can't comment on the content of the actually sign at Asda.

However, I can say that if Asda are enforcing their own 'law' then,

1) It's going to be bad for business
2) It kinda removes the sovereignty of parliament somewhat, as 18 year olds SHOULD be able to buy alcohol, though as rightly said they're not legally obliged too, although again as jambutty said this could fall under age discrimination, and in my opinion rightly should.

I think a lot of people are having a go at him, regardless of the fact that MANY of you probably haven't seen the sign. Fair enough if it is a 'challenge 21' sign, then hes wrong, i can't comment myself, but if you aint seen it then you can't really say for definite can you?
Old 02-12-2007, 23:14   #103
God Member

Having re-read that I have made various spelling/grammar mistakes, but please take in to account, its 12'ish, I've done two important essays and I'm having a university life
Old 02-12-2007, 23:43   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Are you going to buy anything when you go willow? I am reasonably sure you may go.
I would be surprised if she bought any booze.
Old 02-12-2007, 23:47   #105
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
However, I can say that if Asda are enforcing their own 'law' then,

1) It's going to be bad for business
Not as bad as if they lost their license. The Co-Op in Ossy almost did. They were caught out selling to under 18 year old's twice. I seam to remember a checkout operator lost her job because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Having re-read that I have made various spelling/grammar mistakes, but please take in to account, its 12'ish, I've done two important essays and I'm having a university life
I hope you proof read them both

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..