Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 21:22   #181
God Member

Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Talk about going overboard, my daughter was buying some cans in Asda on Tuesday and it took her ten minutes to convince them she was old enough. By the way she is thirty one!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 21:41   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Talk about going overboard, my daughter was buying some cans in Asda on Tuesday and it took her ten minutes to convince them she was old enough. By the way she is thirty one!!!!
She must get her youthful looks off her mum
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46   #183
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
They can loose their license and therefore a bit fat wedge of profit if they do get caught selling to under age people. I doubt many 31 year olds look 17 so it does sound a little odd.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:36   #184
Resident Waffler

She should have been chuffed that they thought she looked so young - but Neil she didn't have to look as young as 17, just 20. 'If you don't look 21 you will be asked to prove you are over 18' remember.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 21:10   #185
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
"Secondly it relates to Poisons, where quite rightly the purchaser should establish his legitimate use before the sale is effected. I didn’t notice any age being mentioned and this topic is about the a person being refused the sale of alcohol because of age." (jambutty)

alcohol is poisonous, when given to the wrong person
So are peanuts and dozens of other foods.
Old 07-12-2007, 21:21   #186
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
We are not quite done yet, because a funny old thing happened last night. I had switched on the radio very late and just caught a few scattered words about a shooting in a shop and nine people dead.

"Bloody hell!" I thought "Jambutty has run berserk with a sawn-off shotgun in the Grimshaw Park Asda"

Luckily for the people of Blackburn it was not the case.
So you switched on the radio very late the other night and immediately thought of Asda being open. It depends on your definition of very late but most people wouldn’t consider 10:00pm to be very late and Asda would be shut by then.

What you have clearly established is that you are quite prepared to make a point based on a few scattered words half heard coming from the radio late at night. Much like many other contributors to this forum. But then why let reality and fact cloud the opportunity of having a dig.
Old 07-12-2007, 21:40   #187
Senior Member+

If this helps.... a shopkeeper can withdraw an item from sale if it has the wrong price on it and simply refuse to sell it; it happened a lot in the music shops, folk were forever swapping price stickers about. If it's a genuine mistake you would honour it in the interests of customer service otherwise you are within your rights to withdraw it from sale.
Old 07-12-2007, 21:49   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
So you switched on the radio very late the other night and immediately thought of Asda being open. It depends on your definition of very late but most people wouldn’t consider 10:00pm to be very late and Asda would be shut by then.

What you have clearly established is that you are quite prepared to make a point based on a few scattered words half heard coming from the radio late at night. Much like many other contributors to this forum. But then why let reality and fact cloud the opportunity of having a dig.
ASDA is 24 hour exept 4 weekends.........

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..