Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 17:19   #121
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
why the big argument about posters??
Ok then I will try to explain briefly.
jambutty can not accept that what entwisi said about Asda being able to refuse to sell anything they want to anyone they choose is correct in law. He thinks that because Asda have decided on there own rule for selling alcohol and possibly certain other items that they are trying to cause a Government coup or something.

emamum23 you will soon realise that we have some members on here that just like to moan and be awkward.
jambutty is one of those, he can not and will not ever accept that he could possibly be wrong ( please do find an occasion when he has admitted to be wrong and I will accept that I am ). He will argue until the rest of us get fed up reading his posts and give up replying.

I am by no means attacking him with this post just stating the truth as I and many others I have spoked too see it, just have a read of some of his posts/threads and you will see what I mean.
Old 03-12-2007, 17:46   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
jambutty is one of those, he can not and will not ever accept that he could possibly be wrong ( please do find an occasion when he has admitted to be wrong and I will accept that I am ). He will argue until the rest of us get fed up reading his posts and give up replying.
It is implicit in Jambutty's last posting that he now knows he was wrong.

A first-class grovelling apology from him would therefore be in order.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 03-12-2007 at 17:51.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 17:50   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
It takes one to know one.
I am not old as im only 24 so once again your wrong JB pal.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 18:55   #124
God Member

Quote:
jambutty can not accept that what entwisi said about Asda being able to refuse to sell anything they want to anyone they choose is correct in law. .
Now I'm getting confused , am I correct in assuming that a shop can refuse to sell you an item on the shelf just because they dont like the look of your face ? (the case of pub staff serving someone intoxicated is a different matter ) surely if the customer can prove he/she is of or above the legal age they are entitled to the same service as crotchety 70 yr old .
OK I will admit that shops have the right to refuse service and bar undesirable customers from their premises (street people /known shoplifters etc.) but i fail to see how a business can be selective in what it will sell to this person , surely a 20 yr old who is permitted to buy a pound of bacon is also entitled to all other goods offered by the same establishment .Could the same store be allowed to refuse an obese customer the same pound of bacon on health grounds ?

Does a person selling a house have the same rights to tell a prospective buyer , "no I'm not selling my house to you , I dont like the look of you" , I think not

Last edited by steeljack; 03-12-2007 at 18:57.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:17   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

I suggest that you do not hold your breath
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:47   #126
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

Does a person selling a house have the same rights to tell a prospective buyer , "no I'm not selling my house to you , I dont like the look of you" , I think not
I think that has been done. Whether it is moral or legal I'm not sure though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:49   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think that has been done. Whether it is moral or legal I'm not sure though.
i was thinking the same, was it an instance a good few years ago you were thinking of Willow?
Old 03-12-2007, 19:56   #128
Resident Waffler

Could be.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 20:26   #129
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I don't see why not. You can take your house off the market right up until you sign contracts. It only like gazumping (how ever its spelt) where you sell to someone else at the last minute.
Old 03-12-2007, 21:06   #130
God Member

Quote:
It takes one to know one.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire.

Jambutty, perhaps you already know this, perhaps it is intentional, but I can't help but notice that you have this way of being awfully hypocritical. You condemn other members for bringing the argument down to name-calling, and 'dodging' parts of your post to further qualify their own, yet you regularly partake in both activities.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 23:41   #131
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:
jambutty can not accept that what entwisi said about Asda being able to refuse to sell anything they want to anyone they choose is correct in law. He thinks that because Asda have decided on there own rule for selling alcohol and possibly certain other items that they are trying to cause a Government coup or something.

emamum23 you will soon realise that we have some members on here that just like to moan and be awkward.

I am by no means attacking him with this post just stating the truth as I and many others I have spoked too see it, just have a read of some of his posts/threads and you will see what I mean.
You may not consider that you are not attacking me but it sure sounds like it to me and you are not telling the truth or maybe it is because you can’t read. Or more likely you like a few others can’t stand someone who speaks his mind and worst still from your viewpoint he sticks by his opinion and won’t be swayed by verbal bullying. Some people on here assume that everyone should think like they do and when someone comes along who thinks for himself they get aggravated.

Now be a good cherub and toddle off to read the opening post. It states:
Quote:
I also appreciate that a vendor is under no obligation to sell his wares if the vendor chooses not to do so. But once a customer has indicated that he wants to buy an item and has offered the money to complete the sale, the vendor must then complete the transaction.

Or has that changed too?
But hey why let the truth get in the way of having a dig. But I’m far too thick skinned to let childish behaviour bother me.
Old 03-12-2007, 23:47   #132
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

My last post stated, “It takes one to know one”. So you are wrong again Tealeaf and yet another example of not engaging brain before opening gob.
Old 03-12-2007, 23:49   #133
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I suggest that you do not hold your breath
I think that it would be an excellent idea if Tealeaf holds his breath. It would stop him mouthing off his usual tripe.
Old 03-12-2007, 23:52   #134
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire.

Jambutty, perhaps you already know this, perhaps it is intentional, but I can't help but notice that you have this way of being awfully hypocritical. You condemn other members for bringing the argument down to name-calling, and 'dodging' parts of your post to further qualify their own, yet you regularly partake in both activities.
I do not open the name calling. I respond in kind.
Old 03-12-2007, 23:57   #135
God Member

Quote:
I do not open the name calling. I respond in kind.
But I was under the impression that your stance was; "I’m far too thick skinned to let childish behaviour bother me." If this is so then why should you dignify such behaviour with an equally child like response?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..