Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 16:17   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Am I Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender
Now, about this handshake...........is it the one where you bend down and stick your right hand through your legs while doing a High Five with your left?
So thats what you really do at the AccyWeb meetings ............. Practice your handshakes.

Now i get it. lol

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2006, 19:11   #92
Resident Waffler

Is Garinda playing with those spoons again?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 22:30   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Is Garinda playing with those spoons again?
I thought if I had two wooden spoons I could fashion some maracas, and play you all a tune.

I do a blindin' 'Shake, Rattle 'n' Roll'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 23:14   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=poppy]

Good bit of back peddling there willow. Yes coloured people are human. and they call me a racist. My racist crime was to ask why someone was pointing out bad drivers are pakistani. I just wanted to know why the nationality was used. Was that such a horrible question folks? Yet you post racist jokes , make racist comments and then follow it up by calling me a racist.-------------------------- talk about twisting whats been said, whats been pointed out is the MAJORITY of drivers tearing down some of our streets are pakistani youngsters, that is FACT not racist. and as for back slapping a few people on here certainly know me better than that,its you that seems to have a problem poppy,YOU NEED HELP.

Last edited by cashman; 01-10-2006 at 23:17.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 23:18   #95
Give, give, give member

Saying 'colored' is in itself a racist term, according to chapter 3 of my Politically Correct Brigade Handbook.

Old 02-10-2006, 18:21   #96
Senior Member+

You'll have to let us all have a look at that. lol

Old 03-10-2006, 02:10   #97
God Member

Is this like another accyweb witch hunt cos someones said something that most don't dissagree with?...
poppy asked why we were mentioning that they were asian cos she doesn't see why it's relevent, if its not relevent it would nbe racist so to her it seemed racist.
The argument between willowthe whisp and poppy is them missunderstanding each other, then making it worse trying to explain.

I think you should all give poppy karma for having the guts to have her own opinion and having the guts to come back when it seems all of us have sided against her. she has afterall created a thread 7 pages long with her comment.
and shes actually a rather nice lady in reality.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:27   #98
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
The argument between willowthe whisp and poppy is them missunderstanding each other, then making it worse trying to explain.
Well actually no, Madhatter my complaint against Poppy is about being misquoted and being held up to be a racist and then being accused of backpeddalling when I pointed out the mistake. I can see nowhere at all where I have misquoted or misunderstood Poppy. As I said earlier if Poppy had been gracious enough then to accept that what I'd actually said wasn't what he'd thought I'd said I would have happily accepted that and all would have been forgotten as far as I was concerned but no, like a dog with a bone Poppy just had to blindly insist that I hadn't been misquoted, msrpresented or misunderstood but that I had changed my tune and (I quote) "backpeddalled" when I had done no such thing. THAT was when I became extremly angry rather than merely irritated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter

I think you should all give poppy karma for having the guts to have her own opinion and having the guts to come back when it seems all of us have sided against her. she has afterall created a thread 7 pages long with her comment.
Guts to have ones own opinion I fully support 100% whether I agree with the opinion or not, and in this case I actually do agree with the sentiment that there is no place for racism on this message board or anywhere else on the internet or in real life for that matter. In fact if you care to look back Roy has always been hot on dealing with racist comments here and has banned certain words from use on the board due to their racist implications.

The point is that I for one don't like being slagged off as a racist when I'm not and I'm sure that's exactly how others feel too.

I was willing to accept the original apology had I not been personally insulted subsequently. How woukd you feel if somebody took a post of yours, told the world that you'd said exactly the opposite and then proceeded to condemn you for what you didn't say? Yes I'm still a bit more than miffed and would appreciate a public apology on that one. Maybe then I'll consider granting a bit of karma for having the guts to stand up and admit he was wrong.

I find the last part
of your post rather peculiar considering Poppy, according to his profile, is a 48 year old male.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 03-10-2006 at 07:32. Reason: When will I learn to check for typos before hitting that button?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:03   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Is this like another accyweb witch hunt cos someones said something that most don't dissagree with?...
poppy asked why we were mentioning that they were asian cos she doesn't see why it's relevent, if its not relevent it would nbe racist so to her it seemed racist.

I don't know her, so can't comment on her being 'nice' in reality.

To me this place is real, and if I disagree with someone, I like everyone else, is free to post their reply to something anyone says they disagree with.

No witch hunt chum, just the majority of people disagreeing with the rather emotive issue that we were racist.

If anyone has strong views, just make sure you can defend your point of view.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:04   #100
God Member

Lets wait and see what reply we get of poppy bfore we say anymore.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:19   #101

I asked why the nationality of the drivers was mentioned. From that we have 7 pages of you all attacking me and calling me a racist. My contribution from then is to defend myself.

One person even said they had to stop and remember colored people where human. another posts a racist joke and the rest go into other nationalities and how to insult them. in it all you twist it so I am being called a racist.

Willowthewisp and Libel. Well what can I say other than "The lady doth protests too much, methinks"

garinda I agree with your sentiments but you should take into consideration that some of the people arguing are not insulted at all. they are just joining in for the sake of it. madhatter and others can see that. This all started because I asked what I thought was a reasonable question. What followed is something quite.. well quite extraordinary.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:52   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
I asked why the nationality of the drivers was mentioned. From that we have 7 pages of you all attacking me and calling me a racist. My contribution from then is to defend myself.
It was you that claimed that some of us were racist.

Quote:
One person even said they had to stop and remember colored people where human. another posts a racist joke and the rest go into other nationalities and how to insult them. in it all you twist it so I am being called a racist.
It was never stated that 1 person had to stop & think if somebody of a different colour was human.

Quote:
Willowthewisp and Libel. Well what can I say other than "The lady doth protests too much, methinks"
I would protest too, if some of your mindless drivel had been aimed at myself.

Quote:
garinda I agree with your sentiments but you should take into consideration that some of the people arguing are not insulted at all. they are just joining in for the sake of it. madhatter and others can see that. This all started because I asked what I thought was a reasonable question. What followed is something quite.. well quite extraordinary.
You come on here every now & then. You call people racist, without any information about any of us, & without knowing us. Look back at the posts, read them again properly, & you'll hopefully understand why we are upset.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:04   #103

As said. selective quoting and twisting it so that I am the racist and you are squeaky clean.

I did not come here calling people racist. I asked a question and what followed was racism that I then accused you of. You are twisting the facts in an attempt to justify your rant.

One person certainly did say they had to stop and remember colored people are human and it is still in this thread to see so twist that all you want. all people have to do is go back and read it.

I can see we are getting nowhere. when it comes to the point that you are simply denying what has been written and then quoting out of context to justify yourself. well little point in continuing.

My final comment.
I asked a question. It would have been easier just to answer it.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:13   #104
Resident Waffler

Quote:

Right THAT is the absolute limit Poppy. Are you totally incapable of reading what I wrote? You bet your boots I'm protesting. I'm protesting because you persist in your LIES about what I said. The only person twisting anything is you Poppy and as far as I am concerned that has gone way beyond any possible apology being acceptable to me by now.

Shall we put the boot on the other foot Poppy? How would you feel if I took your original post in the originl thread and quoted it out of context, misrepresented what you'd said and followed it with:

"I can't believe I'm reading what you wrote! You actually think that all the bad driving in this counry is done by 'coloured' people. Disgusting!"

Would you object? You'd have every right to object because that isn't what you said was it? Well neither did I say that I have to remind myself that 'coloured' people are human!

You are so far stuck up your own interpretaton of the facts that you won't even look at what I wrote and see that what I said I had to think bout was not whether anyone is human but to remind myself what flippin race people are because I don't classify my friends into racial pidgeonholes. Can't you read?

Old 03-10-2006, 12:15   #105
Resident Waffler

Quote:

One person certainly did say they had to stop and remember colored people are human and it is still in this thread to see so twist that all you want. all people have to do is go back and read it.

Yes, all people have to do is go back and read it. I have not edited anything so all can see - it is there exactly as I wrote it and exactly as you misinterpreted it and you continue to do so and to insult me AND my friends.

You are beyond belief.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..