Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 15:04   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

B.T. Open Reach.

Must be one of the most inept,useless firms ever in my opinion, aint referring to the engineers, but the useless idiots that run and organise things, on Weds April 26Th we happened to see an engineer up our telegraph pole, i asked him whats going on, he said you will be without Phone @ Internet for a while, as i am removing a cable,due to a fault reported, ok i thought fair enough, expecting a few hours loss of service, Not at all, he vanished and that was it, Rang B.T. and they would not tell us, seeing they are not our provider,that cost £8 on mobile,so i said but you have removed the cable, not our provider!! was told it matters not.ring your provider, We did they rang B.T. then rang us back and said it will be back on Friday, no chance no-one came, then on Sat dinner i saw a B.T. van at our pole, so i went and said great are we getting our internet and line back on, No he said, i have come out cos some people on Albert St have no phone lines,i said you cant cos your lot have taken the cable down,so he checked and said your correct and beggard off,the following Wednesday we were coming back with our dog and 2 engineers were on the back, we said great were finally getting our service back,they said were do you live, we told them, so they said yer not, theres a couple of people on Albert St without lines, we have been sent out to do them,cos one of the ladies is on a Heart Machine and has no line. I told them the same as i told the guy on sat, asking who the hell organizes this stupidity, they said its regarded as an emergency for this particular lady, they made phone calls to base and they vanished, Sat Teatime just gone another engineer turned up, Paris saw him and asked are we at last getting our service back? he said were do you live, then said NO i aint come out to that, Paris was near in tears at this,so he said whats your phone number i'll see what i can do. an hour or so later, our phone rang and it was him who said ive sorted this yer back online, we have never been as relieved in our lives, it cost a fortune using our PAYG mobiles for 12 days, yet it was the engineers that sorted us, not the the clowns that run the place, all that pointless expense caused by B.T. will no doubt be passed on to their customers.they are a complete waste of time.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 15:40   #2

Re: B.T. Open Reach.

Your internet and phone provider should give you a refund for the days lost. We are with Virgin, if this is who you are with dial 150 on your house phone ir is a free call, and follow the instructions..it has always worked for us. Good Luck
cashman likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 15:50   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Already done that ta, were with E.E. they have been brilliant with us.
Old 08-05-2017, 15:53   #4

Happy for you, being without your phone and internet must have been a nightmare. I would have gone into a depression, only joking, but, I could have done.
Old 08-05-2017, 16:03   #5
Beacon of light

Sorry to hear of your problems Casey.
Good to hear that you are sorted now...I would have gone nuts with no internet access.
We are lucky enough to be near a hotspot so I would have tapped into that to keep me sane.
We are with BT and so far( I am touching wood here) have never had a problem.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 16:18   #6
Senior Member+

I was without a phone for six weeks when I moved into a new build bungalow.
There was a pipe underground the BT engineers were supposed to put the cable through but some other workmen had dug through it and crushed it. The long delay was due to it being Christmas.
BT gave me £75 credit on my next bills for my mobile charge and no charge for the time we moved in until the line was sorted. We had kept the same number from the house we moved from.
Old 08-05-2017, 16:50   #7
God Member

when my neighbors moved in they had open reach come put them a phone line in as tehre wasnt a phone line to their house

just a few mins after open reach left my new neighbor came round with his phone in his hand saying " its for you "

open reach had literally cut my phone line and dragged it to his house not only handing them my phone line but my internet as well

open reach then said when i called that they woudl be back in 7 days to sort it

the following conversation cant be put here but it was sorted within the hour

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:07   #8
Senior Member+

Does Accrington have virgin fibre?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:31   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Does Accrington have virgin fibre?
Not everywhere but I think most areas do.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just come back from an errand and B.T. have sent 2 vehicles,one cherry picker, to repair the lines. organisation??
Old 09-05-2017, 08:54   #11

Everyone should complain when they get bad service. Sometimes something good and constructive comes from it.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:44   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Everyone should complain when they get bad service. Sometimes something good and constructive comes from it.
Spot on.

Sometimes an organisations gets so large and cumbersome that it has no real organisation at all.
Companies should be told when they are getting it wrong and failing their customers.
I think the problem with Open Reach is that if you are a customer of another provider, they seem less concerned about the service you are getting.
It should not be this way but I'm afraid it is.
I might be wrong, but I think that whoever you have your phone service and internet with, it is BT who own the lines and their mainteneance is done by Open reach.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:16   #13

We have been with Virgin Media for years, I am pretty sure that it is Virgin who owns the cable that provides the services, no charge to BT thank god. My brother has just changed to them and he tells me it is RUBBISH.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:59   #14
Beacon of light

I think the cable services are different.
I remember the cables being laid for Cable TV and the likes.
I have been with BT forever....like when it was the GPO.
It suits my purposes. I don't need the superfast internet services...I don't download films or music.
I have never had a problem with them, but then I know nothing different.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think the cable services are different.
I remember the cables being laid for Cable TV and the likes.
I have been with BT forever....like when it was the GPO.
It suits my purposes. I don't need the superfast internet services...I don't download films or music.
I have never had a problem with them, but then I know nothing different.
Aye Margaret. the problem lies when yeh got a cable down or lost yer service by some means, hope yeh never get one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..