Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 07:51   #61
Super Moderator

Re: brown just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The Conservatives have already placed firm that they won't cut the NHS budget.
...yes, they have. They've also pledged that they won't cut education and overseas aid (bet the latter will go down well with Jaysay and Royboy! ).

Of course, whether you believe them or not is another matter, but I've read somewhere or other that they're planning to make 10% cuts on everything else. It's been estimated that the outcome will be a reduction of next year's spending bill from £717 million to £695 million - hardly enough to get us out of the mess we're in.

The fact is both parties are pulling the wool over our eyes about the gravity of the situation!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:52   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Now that's more like it Jaysay..you pinned your colours to the mast..anti- Labour... hope your future posts are the same instead of pussying around.
Pinned my colours to the mast, when have I ever said that I'm not a Tory and proud of the fact, you really do live in a dream world Mancie, where flowers and trees grow all day and young men in their white coats are coming to take you away, sooner rather thn later I hope
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...yes, they have. They've also pledged that they won't cut education and overseas aid (bet the latter will go down well with Jaysay and Royboy! ).

Of course, whether you believe them or not is another matter, but I've read somewhere or other that they're planning to make 10% cuts on everything else. It's been estimated that the outcome will be a reduction of next year's spending bill from £717 million to £695 million - hardly enough to get us out of the mess we're in.

The fact is both parties are pulling the wool over our eyes about the gravity of the situation!
Why would the Tories want to pull the wool over anyboodies eyes Wynonie, after all its going to be them that have to clear up Labours mess AGAIN
Old 10-07-2009, 09:14   #64
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Why would the Tories want to pull the wool over anyboodies eyes Wynonie, after all its going to be them that have to clear up Labours mess AGAIN
Because they don't want the electorate to know about the inadequacies of their budget proposals until the next election is safely out of the way. Incidentally, I see you haven't commented on the boy David's wizard wheeze to preserve the full funding on overseas aid.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Because they don't want the electorate to know about the inadequacies of their budget proposals until the next election is safely out of the way. Incidentally, I see you haven't commented on the boy David's wizard wheeze to preserve the full funding on overseas aid.
Its really hard to start talking budgets when you really don't know to what extent this lot have put us in hoch for, just like the Cheshire Cat said before the 1997 election "we haven't seen the books" but concidering what they inherited and what they'll leave, the Tories will get the Sh1t end of the stick AGAIN. As for, as you put it the boy Davids ideas on overseas aid, I ain't got a clue, never heard about it, thats maybe because I have a life and don't listen to, or for that matter read about front line politics very much these days, just enough to get me by and get up Mancie's nose
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12   #66
Super Moderator

Quote:
Its really hard to start talking budgets when you really don't know to what extent this lot have put us in hoch for, just like the Cheshire Cat said before the 1997 election "we haven't seen the books"
Well, if that's the case, they shouldn't be making rash promises about ring fencing certain areas and making 10% cuts. As for your "politician's answer" about matey Dave's pledge not to cut overseas aid, I take it that's one part of the Tory manifesto you won't be agreeing with!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
that's true Wynonie..but there will be a difference in were those cuts are made... income tax cuts.?..or cuts to the NHS, pensions,investments in technology and benifits for working parents bringing up the next generation..take your choice.

There is no chance that investment in technology is going to be cut

I think the NHS needs massive reform anyway and is probably wasting a lot of money anyway. I reckon a new government would be a breath of fresh air even if it was pretty rubbish for a while whilst they tried to get things on back.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34   #68
God Member

If anyone thinks that any political party is going to fully resolve the mess this country is in in the next few years then you'd be very naive

It's going to be a Conservative government and they are bound to spend most of their time just fixing the Labour mess by whatever means possible. Who would want to start building on this foundation? Anyone with sense would fix that first
Old 10-07-2009, 16:09   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
If anyone thinks that any political party is going to fully resolve the mess this country is in in the next few years then you'd be very naive

It's going to be a Conservative government and they are bound to spend most of their time just fixing the Labour mess by whatever means possible. Who would want to start building on this foundation? Anyone with sense would fix that first
Excuse me but I'm off to lie down in a dark room, I actuall agree with blazey for once
Old 10-07-2009, 18:37   #70
God Member

Quote:
Excuse me but I'm off to lie down in a dark room, I actuall agree with blazey for once
No you don't ... she agrees with you; there is a difference
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:51   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No you don't ... she agrees with you; there is a difference
Never thought of it like that Eric
Old 11-07-2009, 22:19   #72
God Member

I actually only read a few posts and I only got up to Mancie's, which I quoted, before I posted the rest of my opinion, and I don't remember if I agreed with anyone before I got there.

I am capable of having my own opinion. I don't really see why it matters if it matches anyone else's, it's not like ANY government is going to listen

I think real change will come from action, and as we're in an era of stamping out as much protest as possible by throwing terrorist legislation at it, I guess that isn't going to happen unless it comes from the governments themselves.

Now Dave has got his head around the idea of change, but whether he has his head around what the public want and NEED is a different matter.
Old 11-07-2009, 22:22   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well i read somewhere a few weeks ago, the tory ******* intend to do away with bus passes fer the elderly etc, it may suprise a few of the knob heads, but it sure will not suprise me.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:53   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i read somewhere a few weeks ago, the tory ******* intend to do away with bus passes fer the elderly etc, it may suprise a few of the knob heads, but it sure will not suprise me.
Don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail cashy
Old 12-07-2009, 15:03   #75
God Member

yeah they are only going to cut bus passes up in areas cameron dosnt like , teh north for example

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..