Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25   #1
God Member

Contrasts

Five months ago. Accrington Observer reported the sad death in combat of 24 year old Royal Marine David Fairbrother of 42 Commando, Royal Marines. Who was shot dead in an ambush in the village of Old Khorgajat, Afghhanistan. It was his first tour of duty.

He was remembered by his family, friends as quiet, driven and reliable. His mother described him as 'a devoted, beautiful and giving son. '

A fine example of a life dedicated to the service of his country cruelly cut short.

Take a good look at his photograph, posted here....

Goodbye to ?beautiful and devoted son? killed in Afghanistan | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

...and tell me, honestly, that you too could not weep at his loss.

Now, dry your eyes and think about what follows:

Have you ever, actually, met anyone who could be described as a member of what the government and media term 'the feral underclass'?

Sure there are one or two rogues living in and around our fair borough but that is more a case of high spirits, lack of opportunity and boredom really, isn't it?

Meet the Gilheaney family, as reported in today's Mail....

Margaret Gilheaney: 'She-devil' mother jailed for 10 years over unprovoked attacks | Mail Online

Old 08-02-2012, 15:10   #2
God Member

Re: Contrasts

in teh article it says teh house was a dirty smelly 30 grand house

in teh picture it says teh house is worth 40 grand

can one assume that since their removal house prices in the area rose 10 grand

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 15:48   #3

10 years, she should be hung, what an absolute waste of taxpayers money keeping scum like this in prison, may she & the rest of the motley crue rot in hell where they belong.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 15:53   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Lol... The comment at the bottom by someone calling himself Geoff the chef (or something of that ilk) had me laughing... Apparently, he's been to Accrington and that family are practically model citizens compared to the rest of us!!!!

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 17:43   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Five months ago. Accrington Observer reported the sad death in combat of 24 year old Royal Marine David Fairbrother of 42 Commando, Royal Marines. Who was shot dead in an ambush in the village of Old Khorgajat, Afghhanistan. It was his first tour of duty.

He was remembered by his family, friends as quiet, driven and reliable. His mother described him as 'a devoted, beautiful and giving son. '

A fine example of a life dedicated to the service of his country cruelly cut short.

Take a good look at his photograph, posted here....

Goodbye to ?beautiful and devoted son? killed in Afghanistan | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

...and tell me, honestly, that you too could not weep at his loss.

Now, dry your eyes and think about what follows:

Have you ever, actually, met anyone who could be described as a member of what the government and media term 'the feral underclass'?

Sure there are one or two rogues living in and around our fair borough but that is more a case of high spirits, lack of opportunity and boredom really, isn't it?

Meet the Gilheaney family, as reported in today's Mail....

Margaret Gilheaney: 'She-devil' mother jailed for 10 years over unprovoked attacks | Mail Online

I read that in the mail too Bob, but I get slatted for mentioning the Mail on here
Old 08-02-2012, 17:45   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Lol... The comment at the bottom by someone calling himself Geoff the chef (or something of that ilk) had me laughing... Apparently, he's been to Accrington and that family are practically model citizens compared to the rest of us!!!!
Well it was in the Mail lettie
Old 08-02-2012, 18:12   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Made me laugh too.

The cheeky git.

Though I didn't know Mancie was a chef, or that his real name was Geoff.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 18:27   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Ah the poor sap had probably stumbled across n Accyweb Meet,when he visited.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15   #9
God Member

I have two questions, directed equally at Graham Jones MP, Cllr Ken Moss and Hyndburn Social Services.

Q1. How many more families are there like this, who we, the Taxpayers, are paying to support?

Q2. Why should we, The Taxpayers, be expected to put up with this?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I have two questions, directed equally at Graham Jones MP, Cllr Ken Moss and Hyndburn Social Services.

Q1. How many more families are there like this, who we, the Taxpayers, are paying to support?

Hyndburn Don't have social services Bob so its nothing to do with Cllr Moss
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26   #11
God Member

Quote:

Families 'like this' are nothing new.

When I was on visiting duties for DHSS in the 70s and 80s, I met quite a few.

It is only now, when the government needs to justify draconian cuts for all, that you are purposely being made aware of them.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:38   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Families 'like this' are nothing new.
I'm sure they are not. But, in Accrington?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:41   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
In every small town n larger places that i have lived, all depends on the area.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:45   #14
God Member

Quote:
Oh yes! - mostly they tended to be housed in a ghetto at Within Grove, but that housing policy ended when Hyndburn Homes took over.

Now they are more dispersed throughout the borough, and tend to occupy 'private landlord' slums, mainly in Woodnook and Spring Hill.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hyndburn Don't have social services Bob so its nothing to do with Cllr Moss
Cllr Moss sits on HBC and has more than enough to say on matters that pique his own interest. I would like some plain answers to my two questions to justify the enormous amounts of my hard earned that are taken to support parasites like the Gilheany's.

Is that asking too much?

Oh, and when GJ gets round to answering (if he ever does) can I have his reply without the acronyms and abbreviations, please.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..