Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2021, 20:53   #1666
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Sorry for going off post in my last comment.
Don’t apologise for NOT talking about this bl***y topic!
Less, cashman, shillelagh and 2 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2021, 13:13   #1667
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Last night the POLICE are being blamed for their approach to the vigil for that poor lass who was murdered,well far as ive seen the crowd was ALL bunched together, causing a likely increase to this damn virus, its the stupid peoples own fault end of story,this is typical of the stupidity thats taken over in society, the Media to me are much to blame for this all they care about is selling papers.
Old 15-03-2021, 08:59   #1668
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Last night the POLICE are being blamed for their approach to the vigil for that poor lass who was murdered,well far as ive seen the crowd was ALL bunched together, causing a likely increase to this damn virus, its the stupid peoples own fault end of story,this is typical of the stupidity thats taken over in society, the Media to me are much to blame for this all they care about is selling papers.
if the police had pretended they were the BLM and just let em get on with it there would not have been the parliament square protest yesterday. how long will they use their only weapon, the covid so called laws, to suppress anyones right to protest and free speech. the women at clapham common were not forced to attend but probably felt the issue was of importance for them to do it. for me i,m sick to death of these covid regulations being thrown around willy nilly. everytime i hear em being mentioned the tele is in great danger. not everyone by a long way supports these laws and at the best just follow em for a quite life. this weekend could actually be the start of some form of mass protests around the country and the plod cannot be everywhere. remember if we all in the past have just sat back and shut up sheep stealing might still be a hanging offence.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 15:01   #1669
Beacon of light

If you remember during the height of the pandemic...and before any vaccine was put forward, The police were dancing with the extinction rebellion protesters...who were unmasked and definitely not socially distanced.
Also, if you can also look back to the time when police officers were taking the knee in support of BLM.

These peaceful protesters were hurting no one.
They were out in the fresh air....and although I was not there, there are press pictures of some of them masked.
It seems to me the police are allowed to pick and choose their courses of action and in my view(though this counts for zero) the level of force was disproportionate to the risks involved.

It is NOT about the risks of Covid.....it is all about control.

The girl that these women were respecting was allegedly murdered and dismembered by a serving police officer.

Like you MH, I am heartily sick of the cavalier way our freedoms have been removed, with no real idea when (or even if) they will be reinstated.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-03-2021 at 15:04.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 18:26   #1670
God Member

The loss of our hard-fought for liberties is not just a short term necessity (if you actually believe the Govt and its big Pharma placemen that it is necessary).
It is becoming a fixed feature from one of the most authoritarian, arrogant, and corrupt Governments we’ve suffered for many, many years.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/0...-lost-forever/

If this goes through no-one will be able to protest if the police consider they make a noise that ‘upsets’ someone.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2021, 09:37   #1671
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1251647]The loss of our hard-fought for liberties is not just a short term necessity (if you actually believe the Govt and its big Pharma placemen that it is necessary).
It is becoming a fixed feature from one of the most authoritarian, arrogant, and corrupt Governments we’ve suffered for many, many years.

they,ll eventually kick the dog, ie the population, one time somewhere in the not too distant future and it will turn on em big style. enjoy it while you can boris, police chiefs etc. you,ll have created a situation that you will not be able to control in the end. the reson at the start for those who have not followed any of the government virus propaganda have been attempted to be silenced so they can use their covid weapon.
ferret man likes this.
Old 20-03-2021, 18:10   #1673
Senior Member+

I do not post much on accyweb these days but feel it necessary to air my point of view on this subject,
I believe there is a pandemic that is sweeping the world, medical experts tell us it is transmitted by droplets from people’s mouths, we are told our hospitals are being overrun with covid patience, it seems many believe it’s just a conspiracy designed to keep us from going out and enjoying ourselves, to my way of thinking it’s irresponsible for protesters to form large crowds that will inevitably spread this virus, and don’t see how protesters think they have the right to place others’ lives in jeopardy
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2021, 18:19   #1674
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i agree 100% With accybeme.
Old 21-03-2021, 09:07   #1675
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I do not post much on accyweb these days but feel it necessary to air my point of view on this subject,
I believe there is a pandemic that is sweeping the world, medical experts tell us it is transmitted by droplets from people’s mouths, we are told our hospitals are being overrun with covid patience, it seems many believe it’s just a conspiracy designed to keep us from going out and enjoying ourselves, to my way of thinking it’s irresponsible for protesters to form large crowds that will inevitably spread this virus, and don’t see how protesters think they have the right to place others’ lives in jeopardy
i do not believe its a conspiracy but i imagine the media would be doing there best to discredit protesters by saying they have spread the virus if they had any real proof of this. people may not agree with some or all of the protest reasons but without evidence of them being the reason for a spread then people should have the protesting right. always remember that there could be a day coming that there is something that you feel strongly about that you wish to protest yourself. this present line of diminishing free speech unless you agree with it could shortly be among us.
Old 21-03-2021, 09:23   #1676
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to me its nothing to do with diminishing free speech, more a matter of common sense.
Old 21-03-2021, 09:34   #1677
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me its nothing to do with diminishing free speech, more a matter of common sense.
it could be if we go down the road of the sturgeon democracy of scotland where you could be fined if someone takes offence to something you say in your own house. we all know that will not apply to the woke lefties, BAME or any other minorities. doubt having just a gripe on accy web or a letter to your MP would change abything.
Old 21-03-2021, 10:12   #1678
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

not a hope in hell,
Old 21-03-2021, 14:02   #1679
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
it could be if we go down the road of the sturgeon democracy of scotland

There's no need to look so far, going through parliament now is the latest attempt to silence dissenters & those who want to use their rights.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2...es-in-silence/
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 21-03-2021 at 14:09.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 14:02   #1680
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i do not believe its a conspiracy but i imagine the media would be doing there best to discredit protesters by saying they have spread the virus if they had any real proof of this. people may not agree with some or all of the protest reasons but without evidence of them being the reason for a spread then people should have the protesting right. always remember that there could be a day coming that there is something that you feel strongly about that you wish to protest yourself. this present line of diminishing free speech unless you agree with it could shortly be among us.
monkey hanger you seem to be saying there is no evidence that people protesting in proximity is spreading the virus, but are not medical experts concluding that the virus is spread by people infecting others by breathing the virus on others, the pictures of the protesters I have seen are not social distancing or wearing masks so do you also think the social distancing wearing masks are a futile waste of time, I’m completely at a loss to your reasoning
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..