Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: In a free referendum on E.U. membership -
Yes, I vote we remain E.U. members. 4 10.81%
No, I vote we withdraw from being E.U. members. 33 89.19%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 21:41   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: How'd you vote in an E.U. referendum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
it's not just the UK that's feeling the pinch

Don't want to be a walk-over but....
No, you're right.

It's tough for those non-insular, 'Internationalists', who stupidly signed up for a common currency.

Small mercy. On that issue.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2011, 22:13   #62
God Member

You can all thank "whoever" that you don't have to live with the Euro right now.....

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:18   #63
Beacon of light

That would be Gordon Brown........it is a very small mercy that we are thanking him for.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 23:31   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, this happens to be a link to the Daily Mail.

Right-wing, axe to grind, blah, blah, blah.

But it's been widely reported in all the press.

Justify this, and tell me what it has to do with a trade alliance.

Fined £150million for failing to fly the EU flag: Now British firms are told how to fight back | Mail Online

Even more interesting would be a justification for this absolute madness.

'Last night the European Commission said it would take the Government to court unless it draws up plans to axe restrictions on claims by immigrants, saying they are against the law and must be scrapped.'
Now the EU orders Britain: Let migrants claim benefits as soon as they arrive in UK | Mail Online

I'll repeat again.

Not one person in this country voted for what's happening to us now. Laws passed in Brussels, that we are forced to live under.

That is very wrong.

It's wrong that this has happened and many other negatives. I won't shed a single tear If we have a vote and the outs win. A referendum is fine by me. I do feel whilst the abuses are batted about they are small fry to the 'economy stupid' as Clinton once said.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 23:50   #65
God Member

I cant see any government giving us a referendum on geting out the EU because both labour and conservitive have proven they dont give a damn about public opinion unless its near election time and any issue regarding the EU will be swept away long before any election occurs.

Local mps vote the way they are ordered to vote just like what happens in councils.

Votes are often wasted on saving face and showing unity rather than actually doing what is best for the country or area

Its about time polititions were reminded that we are their boss not their party leader but how to go about that ?

Nov 5th isnt too far away

brb checking ebay for gunpowder

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 00:15   #66
Senior Member+

European Union Pollwatch - Opinion Polls. Leaving the EU is supported by a majority of British People

Eu polls.
Old 11-10-2011, 00:20   #67
Senior Member+

European Union Pollwatch - Opinion Polls. Leaving the EU is supported by a majority of British People

Eu polls.

Latest Angus Reid 49-25 out

There seems a trend that younger voters are more pro Europe and old people anti Europe
Old 11-10-2011, 00:30   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I would like to stress, it is a secret poll.

Although if you look at 'Who is currently on-line', and only one person's reading the thread, and seconds later the poll changes...well it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Odd.

What some people say.

As opposed to do.

Quite telling.

Thats not always true, it depends how quick a person comes on votes and then reads another thread. You might not have refreshed fast enough to see someone pop on vote and click new posts again.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

Eu polls.

There seems a trend that younger voters are more pro Europe and old people anti Europe
yeah probably because younger people dont realize were getting screwed at every turn and have grown up in a country with nothing to boast of because anything this country ever had has either folded or been sold off .Christ teh majority of our banks are owned by other countries

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:49   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's wrong that this has happened and many other negatives.
The only way that wrong can be righted, is for the public to be given a free, and fairly worded, yes/no referendum on E.U. membership.

If a majority of people vote we retain our membership, so be it.

At least that will be based on a democratic decision.

Which isn't the case now.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:53   #71
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats not always true, it depends how quick a person comes on votes and then reads another thread. You might not have refreshed fast enough to see someone pop on vote and click new posts again.
I didn't say as fact, or mention any names.

I just surmised what might of happened, as there were very few members actually online, at that late hour.

Graham subsequently posted how he'd voted.

Meaning I was right, about what I saw happen.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:01   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Eu polls.

I have my own opinion on the outcome, but that is an irrelevance at this stage.

The fact is people demand a right to have a say in their future, because what the E.U. is now is a totally different entity to what it was sold as, a trade alliance, back in 1975. The last time the public were given a chance to have their say.

People want a referendum.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:10   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have my own opinion on the outcome
Angus Reid poll, July 2011 - 49% want to leave the EU

49% of those polled would vote to leave the EU in a referendum; 25% wanted to stay. 57% believed that being in the EU has been negative, while 32% thought it had been positive.

The fact that a majority of people would vote to leave, reflects the three polls about E.U. membership that have taken place on Accy Web, from 2004 to the present day.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:13   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Graham, what the European Union has become, not one person British person voted for.

It was an economic community, the last time people were allowed their say, in 1975.

It is no longer a trade alliance.

That isn't democracy.
Absolutely spot on their Rindi, the concept of the European Union has change so much in 36 years since the last time we were asked to vote, its unrecognisable, its time to take the opinion of the British people on board again, but it won't happen because nobody at Westminster would like the result
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49   #75
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
it won't happen because nobody at Westminster would like the result
There is growing cross-party support for the people to be allowed their say in a referendum.

Even if Cameon and Miliband are on record of saying they won't support one happening.

'Labour MP Natascha Engel, who chairs the committee, said: ‘The EU today is completely different from the one the British people voted to join in the 1975 referendum. It is time to examine the position again.'

‘People in pubs and shops all over Britain are discussing Britain’s membership of the EU and it is time they openly debated it too.’

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..